Author Topic: If you're ever in Florida . . .  (Read 1133 times)

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
Re: If you're ever in Florida . . .
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2013, 11:57:38 PM »
Yeah, which sucks because I'm going to be in North Carolina this fall for work. :(

make sure you get a concealed carry permit.  You'll need one to protect yourself from all the gun nuts.

The only thing that will get me to purchase and carry a gun is a zombie apocalypse.  ;)
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +272/-76
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2013, 02:47:07 AM »
The one state I'd hate to be in right now seems to be North Carolina. They appear to be worse than Texas at the moment.

-Nam

Yeah, which sucks because I'm going to be in North Carolina this fall for work. :(

If you're a white Republican man, no worries...if not...good luck.

-Nam

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +272/-76
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2013, 02:51:33 AM »
This article might help explain a bit about Florida. Well, not explain, just define. I'm pretty sure there is no explanation.

Of course some state has to be the stupidest. I know it is close sometimes, but I think for consistency, you can't beat good old FL.

http://www.salon.com/2013/07/26/5_reasons_why_florida_is_the_weirdest_state_ever_partner/

The woman who fired a warning shot because her husband was about to abuse her yet again getting sentenced to 20 years in prison takes the cake. But I'm sure only in this one story. There are probably a million of 'em.

The bad thing about this is Florida is not as bad as some other states, say like:

Virginia
Texas
North Carolina
Kansas
Oklahoma
Utah
South Dakota

etc.,

And the same stuff that happens here, I bet, happens all over the US, including in non-Republican states.

All states have their own particular shit that smells. All of them.

-Nam

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2013, 12:26:19 PM »
If you're a white Republican man, no worries...if not...good luck.

-Nam

I'm white. That's about it.

I've been to North Carolina a few times now, and the thing is that people are so darned friendly. I really feel at home, at least at first. But the trips were brief enough that religion and politics and equal rights issues didn't come up. I wish I could have the friendliness AND liberal leanings ... oh, wait, that's the pacific northwest. :)
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +272/-76
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2013, 04:18:28 PM »
Southerners have always had the "polite" attitude, even when being extremely cruel to those they don't like.

-Nam