Author Topic: Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?  (Read 15027 times)

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +318/-6
  • Ex-rosary squad
Re: Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?
« Reply #551 on: January 15, 2014, 03:51:09 PM »
Allow me to day dream since I ain't getting the answers I am looking for.
You need to communicate your questions better.  It is as simple as that.  You need to specify what you mean by 'frequency'.  You need to stop being vague.  You need to clearly respond to people when they ask you for clarity.

You ask "what is the frequency of life that is giving us this persona we see and why is it gong to die or be born", and, in order for anyone to generate a coherent response, you need to explain what you mean by 'frequency'.  That was the point of asking what your response would be if I asked you "what is the color of life that is giving us this persona we see", to get you to recognize that just because you have a sentence that ends in a question mark does not mean you've asked a meaningful question.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."
- Eddie Izzard

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #552 on: January 15, 2014, 03:53:18 PM »
Nah, everything evil comes from atheists, our frequency is 666 hertz.
Yep thought so. That makes sense. I am with you all the way.

I know right?
I believe scientists have a law of matter that states everything orange must taste like oranges, i have no proof of this, nor will i give you any.
But you must believe me, because i said so.
Okay.

Nah, Daemonettes just want to impale you with their claws, thus getting a orgasm, making them want to impale more people.
That, or they just want to rape people, the Codex's are always changing.
Codex's make people persona or is that the other way around? Maybe this is my answer.
Have a paper?

While we are at it, i believe scientists have a law of physics stating tyranids are real, but are invisible and cannot interfere with the physical realm, although, i am still not going to give you my sources.
fair enough. I do not loose anything if you do not.

Gee whiz, maybe because theists CAN be scientists?
The two are not magically mutually exclusive.
I did not know that. Thanks for sharing.
According to Theists: Theists know God, Atheists don't.

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #553 on: January 15, 2014, 04:16:04 PM »
Allow me to day dream since I ain't getting the answers I am looking for.
You need to communicate your questions better.  It is as simple as that.  You need to specify what you mean by 'frequency'.  You need to stop being vague.  You need to clearly respond to people when they ask you for clarity.

You ask "what is the frequency of life that is giving us this persona we see and why is it gong to die or be born", and, in order for anyone to generate a coherent response, you need to explain what you mean by 'frequency'.  That was the point of asking what your response would be if I asked you "what is the color of life that is giving us this persona we see", to get you to recognize that just because you have a sentence that ends in a question mark does not mean you've asked a meaningful question.
I have no clue what it is I am using frequency.

Here is my thinking again
I am a conscious being with "I think therefore I am" Thought be Frequency or so I am told. I have never seen a real frequency apart from on an oscilloscope.

I am told by scientists thoughts are alpha waves, beta waves, Theta waves, etc. So when I am not thinking. Who am I? A conscious wave?? I have no idea. But I want to stick with frequency. I think there is something here. Based on "In the beggining was the word(frequency) and the Word was with God(All Conscious). And the Word was God.(conscious frequency)? Me asking if frequency and consciousness are related. So logically deduceing frequency. I have no idea. But I feel frequency has something in it based on above.

I investigate matter and Theory of Everything. Scientist call it branes membranes strings and superstrings, Strings of light. More frequencies. So I am sticking with frequency. There seem so be some logic here but go knows I ain't changing for a reason.

Scientists say the God particle aka Higgs Boson is technically a particle vibrating within an energy field.
I want to stick with my persona or your persona as a form or energy frequency thingy. "I have no clue". But something gels within me and I know not what it is. I am looking for an answer to a truth. And if you think that life and persona is something different who am I to say no? You are the experts. So why all this quantum weirdness? what is it if you know please share? If you do not know say so! "I have no clue." And is man enough to say I have no clue. The reason why I am sticking with frequency is obvious. Logic dictates I should. But that logic could be all skewed. Life and consciousness does exist. I see it I am a part of it. I cannot deny it. And God strike me down if I am barking up the wrong branch here by being honest and being told all sorts of nonsense for asking a question. Just tell me what you know that is true. How hard can that be?? What is all the moderation and talking out of my ass all about??
Peace

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #554 on: January 15, 2014, 04:52:05 PM »
With your focus on in and out motion I do not think you have much time to figure anything out. All I asked is what is the frequency of life that is giving us this persona we see and why is it gong to die or be born. two thousand years and all you have is ???
If I asked you what is the color of life that is giving us this persona we see, what would your response be?
If I asked you what is the voltage of life that is giving us this persona we see, what would your response be?
If I asked you what is the illuminance of life that is giving us this persona we see, what would your response be?
If I asked you what is the energy of life that is giving us this persona we see, what would your response be?
Indeed what would the response be? What words of science can we use that is telling us the truth about us. Perhaps it is all of them. I choose frequency. But feel free you can choose whatever you like. So long as you are certain you are right and the scientific community supports it we are good to go and tell the theists where to shove their theism. We have the truth. This is it -It will never change from this. Bob's you uncle! I'm free from those pesky theists at last. but make sure it is true and it will never change or we are going to look like fools when we are sent back with a simple question.
Jesuis,
Your answer is pure, unadulterated "dodging". Dodging is when a direct question is asked but the person who should answer, instead (i) answers a question of his own making, (ii) responds with a question, (iii) ignores the question and continues as if no question had been asked.

Debate with you has become increasingly difficult. I am sure you would rather we all had some clarity.

Please do not dodge, please answer the questions.

Thanks

GB Mod

I thought I did answer.

I have removed your non-answer.

Please address the questions above in order.

GB Mod
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 06:41:25 PM by Graybeard »

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #555 on: January 15, 2014, 05:10:03 PM »
Well, are the vibrating molecules "you" now, while you're alive?  If yes, what changes when you die? If not, what is vibrating in addition to the molecules?  Something has to be oscillating in order for a vibration to exist.
Really? Not to be rude or anything but how can the vibrating molecules be me. They are vibrating now they are not me. I am the conscious observer. Like I am observing my hands type. Is my hands me. Not if you cut them off I am still here.

No, that isn't enough.  I don't think that the pursuit of "Inner Peace" requires anyone to believe in vibrations.
No the stress I get for answering all these weird illogical questions requires me to seek inner peace while at the same time pass that peace back to the reader that I am trying to stay clam and so should he/her for all of our sake. ie cognitive dissonance.

Furthermore, I happen to be one of those individuals who has an innate problem with "Just believe and it'll happen" / "Fake it till you make it."  I always know when I'm trying to fake it, and it disturbs Me so deeply that I simply can't cultivate faith without real-world evidence.  Unless you can outline a sensible program for exploring your hypothesis, I'm out.
We are all believers who do not know much of anything apparently. It comes as no surprise that truths be hard to find. Faking it seem to be the way on here. At least that has been my experience.

(And oh, the irony of introducing fictional characters after dissing the ones that I introduced into the mix...)  ;)
I had realised my initial knee jerk reaction through some inner peace moment and came to realise if I returned the favour you might forgive me.
Peace.

Offline Graybeard

• Darwins +459/-15
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #556 on: January 15, 2014, 06:37:31 PM »
We are all negative personas negative to life and to matter. Doomesday will be our creation by doing what we do without a care for anything else but ourselves...
What does that even mean?
RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. Ambrose Bierce

Offline OldChurchGuy

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-2
  • One of those theists who enjoys exchanging ideas
« Reply #557 on: January 15, 2014, 06:47:31 PM »
We are all negative personas negative to life and to matter. Doomesday will be our creation by doing what we do without a care for anything else but ourselves...
What does that even mean?

I am impressed with how Jesuis vacillates from sentences full of confidence and certainty to declaring he is coming to website looking for answers.  A very colorful person who also seems adept at ignoring direct questions but delights in exploiting less than precise replies. 

I may be wrong; but I don't think so based on the many pages of responses.

As always,

OldChurchGuy
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle - Philo of Alexandria

Whether one believes in a religion or not, and whether one believes in rebirth or not, there isn't anyone who doesn't appreciate kindness and compassion - Dalai Lama

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #558 on: January 15, 2014, 06:53:43 PM »
With your focus on in and out motion I do not think you have much time to figure anything out. All I asked is what is the frequency of life that is giving us this persona we see and why is it gong to die or be born. two thousand years and all you have is ???
If I asked you what is the color of life that is giving us this persona we see, what would your response be?
If I asked you what is the voltage of life that is giving us this persona we see, what would your response be?
If I asked you what is the illuminance of life that is giving us this persona we see, what would your response be?
If I asked you what is the energy of life that is giving us this persona we see, what would your response be?
Indeed what would the response be? What words of science can we use that is telling us the truth about us. Perhaps it is all of them. I choose frequency. But feel free you can choose whatever you like. So long as you are certain you are right and the scientific community supports it we are good to go and tell the theists where to shove their theism. We have the truth. This is it -It will never change from this. Bob's you uncle! I'm free from those pesky theists at last. but make sure it is true and it will never change or we are going to look like fools when we are sent back with a simple question.
Jesuis,
Your answer is pure, unadulterated "dodging". Dodging is when a direct question is asked but the person who should answer, instead (i) answers a question of his own making, (ii) responds with a question, (iii) ignores the question and continues as if no question had been asked.

Debate with you has become increasingly difficult. I am sure you would rather we all had some clarity.

Please do not dodge, please answer the questions.

Thanks

GB Mod

I thought I did answer.

I have removed your non-answer.

Please address the questions above in order.

GB Mod

I did answer that is my point - I wish I could remove a few non answers myself. I remember Spider-mans uncle "With great Power comes Great Responsibility". Smells of a cover up.
My answers and Questions are in all my other posts. So you might have to remove of those too if yu are being through. I really dont care right now.

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #559 on: January 15, 2014, 07:12:45 PM »
I have no clue what it is I am using frequency.

Here is my thinking again
I am a conscious being with "I think therefore I am" Thought be Frequency or so I am told. I have never seen a real frequency apart from on an oscilloscope.

I am told by scientists thoughts are alpha waves, beta waves, Theta waves, etc. So when I am not thinking. Who am I? A conscious wave?? I have no idea. But I want to stick with frequency. I think there is something here. Based on "In the beggining was the word(frequency) and the Word was with God(All Conscious). And the Word was God.(conscious frequency)? Me asking if frequency and consciousness are related. So logically deduceing frequency. I have no idea. But I feel frequency has something in it based on above.

I investigate matter and Theory of Everything. Scientist call it branes membranes strings and superstrings, Strings of light. More frequencies. So I am sticking with frequency. There seem so be some logic here but go knows I ain't changing for a reason.

Scientists say the God particle aka Higgs Boson is technically a particle vibrating within an energy field.
I want to stick with my persona or your persona as a form or energy frequency thingy. "I have no clue". But something gels within me and I know not what it is. I am looking for an answer to a truth. And if you think that life and persona is something different who am I to say no? You are the experts. So why all this quantum weirdness? what is it if you know please share? If you do not know say so! "I have no clue." And is man enough to say I have no clue. The reason why I am sticking with frequency is obvious. Logic dictates I should. But that logic could be all skewed. Life and consciousness does exist. I see it I am a part of it. I cannot deny it. And God strike me down if I am barking up the wrong branch here by being honest and being told all sorts of nonsense for asking a question. Just tell me what you know that is true. How hard can that be?? What is all the moderation and talking out of my ass all about??
Peace
Might as well speak to myself then.
According to Theists - God created everything with the WORD or Logos. This same creative power or "word" appears in all scriptures by other names. Scientists call it the Big Bang.

Offline Graybeard

• Darwins +459/-15
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #560 on: January 15, 2014, 07:20:41 PM »
I did answer that is my point - [...]
My answers and Questions are in all my other posts. [...]
Then your answers will be simple for you to find, else you can simply answer anew. Please do this.

I do not want questions, as I say, I would like answers.

For the third time of asking:

Please answer the following without dodging and without drifting from the subject:

A couple of lines on each should be more than sufficient.

I am not here to enter into discussion. I am here to moderate what is becoming a thread with a record number of reported posts.

It will help us all if you answer and then we can move beyond the present point.

GB Mod.
RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. Ambrose Bierce

Offline OldChurchGuy

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-2
« Reply #561 on: January 15, 2014, 07:34:35 PM »
According to Theists - God created everything with the WORD or Logos. This same creative power or "word" appears in all scriptures by other names. Scientists call it the Big Bang.
Endowed with such power of two atheist or theist one can see scientists probing the farthest regions of space looking for answers for the origins of creation.

As a Christian I appreciate your statement of faith drawing a parallel with the first verses of John and the Big Bang theory of the universe.  But for the purposes of this website, the thinking is flawed as you have not proven that God exists in any way acceptable to the rigors of science.

Here is some background on Logos, in case anyone was wondering. 

http://www.pbs.org/faithandreason/theogloss/logos-body.html

Sincerely,

OldChurchGuy

Whether one believes in a religion or not, and whether one believes in rebirth or not, there isn't anyone who doesn't appreciate kindness and compassion - Dalai Lama

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #562 on: January 15, 2014, 07:44:39 PM »
I did answer that is my point - [...]
Then your answers will be simple for you to find, else you can simply answer anew. Please do this.

I do not want questions, as I say, I would like answers.

For the third time of asking:

Please answer the following without dodging and without drifting from the subject:

1.If I asked you what is the color of life that is giving us this persona we see, what would your response be?
2. If I asked you what is the voltage of life that is giving us this persona we see, what would your response be?
3. If I asked you what is the illuminance of life that is giving us this persona we see, what would your response be?
4. If I asked you what is the energy of life that is giving us this persona we see, what would your response be?

A couple of lines on each should be more than sufficient.

I am not here to enter into discussion. I am here to moderate what is becoming a thread with a record number of reported posts.

It will help us all if you answer and then we can move beyond the present point.

GB Mod.

1. Yes and Nope
2. Yes and Nope
3. Yes and Nope
4. Yes and Nope
Why is that you might ask ? When I give it thought I think yes but I think it the frequency is a bit more so I say nope. conclusion I don't know. I go through the list. It happens again and again. In my head I am trying to get to a big bang frequency which is something I do not know what it is. I am not a scientist - seek answer. be specific. frequency. I am sure it is composed of everything and nothing. My head is spinning -- these things do not gel. I need help no one is helping. I ask but nothing coming back I breathe meditate calm emotions. Come back -- result annoyed again. Moderators at it too. Maybe if I just talk too myself it would dawn on me.
Conclusion it must be related - But they could be all part of the big bang. I cannot reject it Theory of everything -- what is it I look it up. Not sure! etting closer - no one helping... ask for help .. nada. back to the drawing board.
Researching -- all religions -- saying same thing. God created everything. scientists saying everything was created in big bang.
Got it. frequency -- Light and sound.
Every thing was created by light and sound.

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #563 on: January 15, 2014, 07:48:59 PM »
Endowed with such power of two atheist or theist one can see scientists probing the farthest regions of space looking for answers for the origins of creation.

As a Christian I appreciate your statement of faith drawing a parallel with the first verses of John and the Big Bang theory of the universe.  But for the purposes of this website, the thinking is flawed as you have not proven that God exists in any way acceptable to the rigors of science.

Sincerely,

OldChurchGuy
I obviously got that now - but thanks?

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #564 on: January 15, 2014, 08:23:52 PM »
Did you know that visionary thinking scientists of the past were scoffed at by their peers, yet many of the things they were scoffed at came to pass? Leonardo drew up a flying machine. Most of his peers laughed at him and called it a flight of his imagination. Lol.

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +318/-6
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #565 on: January 15, 2014, 08:31:57 PM »
Jesuis -

k Here's the deal, man.  I think I know where you're coming from.  You're trying to figure sh*t out about the world, the universe, the nature of living and existence...all that jazz.  And you don't have any sort of concrete views established in your own mind.  It's fine to be in a nebulous state in regards to something as broadly defined as a 'belief', certainly in regards to something the epistemological size of 'nature of reality'.  You're trying to work it out to establish some kind of solid 'belief' structure.

I get it.  It's cool.  It's fun, and, frankly, I find it to be a rather healthy and educational exercise.

Okay.

Before you start trying to get others involved into your conversations, talking about this thing or that thing, you can't just approach it as a massive open 'blob' of semi-related words and throw them out there randomly.  You've first got to make some attempt at connecting a few of those dots yourself.  Sadly, there is no real rule of thumb for establishing if one has connected a sufficient number of dots to engage in a productive conversation with others.  It's dependent upon yourself, the nature of the concepts or 'beliefs' being discussed, the state of your target audience, and any other myriad of parameters may contribute.  So, really, the only way to determine if you've connected sufficient dots is to test it and begin the conversation.  And if you've not connected a sufficient number of dots, it'll eventually, often very quickly, based upon the responses and feedback you receive.  When you cannot even begin to articulate the questions you propose to ask - that is a blatant sign that you may need to revisit whatever concept or 'belief' it is with yourself.  When you cannot distinguish random gibberish from whatever concept or 'belief' it is you're talking about - that is a blatant sign that you may need to revisit whatever concept or 'belief' it is with yourself.  When every response to your posts and conversation points is 'what are you talking about' - that is a blatant sign that you may need to revisit whatever concept or 'belief' it is with yourself.

You started talking to yourself lately in this thread, and frankly, it doesn't look a whole lot different from the talking you were doing with other people.  Your responses, to yourself, are random and arbitrary, without any discernible rhyme or reason.  And the talking to yourself thing is fine, but, like masturbation, doing such a thing in public seeks to elicit varying reactions of shock, awe, disgust, irritation...but the one common reaction is for people to feel embarrassed for you.

I suggest you take a step back, spend some time meditating on whatever this 'frequency' or whatever the hell random words you want to use, what it's relation is to your beliefs and what questions you are seeking to ask and find answers for, and come back when you can at least get a better handle on how to communicate it to others.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."
- Eddie Izzard

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #566 on: January 15, 2014, 08:47:09 PM »
Jesuis, why are you now responding to your own quotes? Is your memory so short that you don't recognize them as your own words?
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Online SevenPatch

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +92/-4
  • A source will help me understand.
« Reply #567 on: January 15, 2014, 08:47:47 PM »
You have any papers on that?
Nope saw it in TV. Horizon and Beyond Through the worm hole. You could Google it.

I think you watch too much TV and too many movies.   The thing about TV and movies is that the primary interest is rarely if ever to tell the truth.  TV and movies are more interested in entertainment.  Sometimes they might tell the truth, but more often than not it is half truths or completely untrue.

I know, I watch A LOT of TV and movies.  The key is to assume they're not exactly giving you the whole picture or even the true picture.
"Shut him up! We have a lot invested in this ride - SHUT HIM UP! Look at my furrows of worry! Look at my big bank account, and my family! This just HAS to be real!" - Bill Hicks

Online SevenPatch

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +92/-4
  • A source will help me understand.
« Reply #568 on: January 15, 2014, 08:50:46 PM »
Jesuis, why are you now responding to your own quotes? Is your memory so short that you don't recognize them as your own words?

Well, he said he was going to have a conversation with himself.  At least he was honest.
"Shut him up! We have a lot invested in this ride - SHUT HIM UP! Look at my furrows of worry! Look at my big bank account, and my family! This just HAS to be real!" - Bill Hicks

Offline OldChurchGuy

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-2
« Reply #569 on: January 15, 2014, 09:23:10 PM »

Sincerely,

OldChurchGuy
I obviously got that now - but thanks?

You are welcome?

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #570 on: January 15, 2014, 09:27:50 PM »
Jesuis -

k Here's the deal, man.  I think I know where you're coming from.  You're trying to figure sh*t out about the world, the universe, the nature of living and existence...all that jazz.  And you don't have any sort of concrete views established in your own mind.  It's fine to be in a nebulous state in regards to something as broadly defined as a 'belief', certainly in regards to something the epistemological size of 'nature of reality'.  You're trying to work it out to establish some kind of solid 'belief' structure.

I get it.  It's cool.  It's fun, and, frankly, I find it to be a rather healthy and educational exercise.

Okay.

Before you start trying to get others involved into your conversations, talking about this thing or that thing, you can't just approach it as a massive open 'blob' of semi-related words and throw them out there randomly.  You've first got to make some attempt at connecting a few of those dots yourself.  Sadly, there is no real rule of thumb for establishing if one has connected a sufficient number of dots to engage in a productive conversation with others.  It's dependent upon yourself, the nature of the concepts or 'beliefs' being discussed, the state of your target audience, and any other myriad of parameters may contribute.  So, really, the only way to determine if you've connected sufficient dots is to test it and begin the conversation.  And if you've not connected a sufficient number of dots, it'll eventually, often very quickly, based upon the responses and feedback you receive.  When you cannot even begin to articulate the questions you propose to ask - that is a blatant sign that you may need to revisit whatever concept or 'belief' it is with yourself.  When you cannot distinguish random gibberish from whatever concept or 'belief' it is you're talking about - that is a blatant sign that you may need to revisit whatever concept or 'belief' it is with yourself.  When every response to your posts and conversation points is 'what are you talking about' - that is a blatant sign that you may need to revisit whatever concept or 'belief' it is with yourself.

You started talking to yourself lately in this thread, and frankly, it doesn't look a whole lot different from the talking you were doing with other people.  Your responses, to yourself, are random and arbitrary, without any discernible rhyme or reason.  And the talking to yourself thing is fine, but, like masturbation, doing such a thing in public seeks to elicit varying reactions of shock, awe, disgust, irritation...but the one common reaction is for people to feel embarrassed for you.

I suggest you take a step back, spend some time meditating on whatever this 'frequency' or whatever the hell random words you want to use, what it's relation is to your beliefs and what questions you are seeking to ask and find answers for, and come back when you can at least get a better handle on how to communicate it to others.
not what I am looking for. You know what I am looking for. And you know you do not have it. I have established that already. Nice try on a cover up, but franckly it is still dodging the single question I asked. And don't ask me what the single question is. It might have been erased by another so rude and with power to be rude. So thanks but no thanks.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 09:29:56 PM by Jesuis »

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #571 on: January 15, 2014, 09:40:47 PM »
So you're either talking to yourself, the worst sock puppet in the history of socks, trolling or just missing a few screws.
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline xyzzy

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +48/-0
  • "Nothing happens"
    • xyzzy
« Reply #572 on: January 15, 2014, 09:45:10 PM »
So you're either talking to yourself, the worst sock puppet in the history of socks, trolling or just missing a few screws.

Are we limited to just one of those, or may we tick all relevant boxes?
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool -- Richard Feynman
You are in a maze of twisty little religions, all alike -- xyzzy

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #573 on: January 15, 2014, 09:55:29 PM »
Did not get anywhere with the atheists. They cannot answer a simple question. I have worked it out now. Its all good. The theists are right.

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #574 on: January 15, 2014, 09:59:27 PM »
Did not get anywhere with the atheists. They cannot answer a simple question. I have worked it out now. Its all good. The theists are right.

Ok, I'll bite.  What question is this?

knock yourself out, but you should realize that quoting and responding to your own quotes is not exactly indicative of stability.
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #575 on: January 15, 2014, 09:59:48 PM »

Depends on your persona and what it can do for you. Feel free to tick as many as you like.
Seems important to you.

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +267/-31
« Reply #576 on: January 15, 2014, 10:00:18 PM »
Jesuis -

Okay.

not what I am looking for. You know what I am looking for. And you know you do not have it. I have established that already. Nice try on a cover up, but franckly it is still dodging the single question I asked. And don't ask me what the single question is. It might have been erased by another so rude and with power to be rude. So thanks but no thanks.

Jdawg was offering sincere and helpful advice.  You've basically told him to shove it and go fuck himself unless he answers an undefined question.  Where did your hatred and hostility come from?
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +267/-31
« Reply #577 on: January 15, 2014, 10:02:06 PM »

He's already stated, in his response to jdawg's attempt to help an connect with him, that he won't reveal what question he's talking about.  Supposedly because he thinks someone might have deleted it.  Which of course makes no sense.  But then, what in his posts does?
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #578 on: January 15, 2014, 10:03:02 PM »

knock yourself out, but you should realize that quoting and responding to your own quotes is not exactly indicative of stability.
I thought that would happen -- corrupt power has corrupted.

Offline Jesuis

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-160
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #579 on: January 15, 2014, 10:04:16 PM »

He's already stated, in his response to jdawg's attempt to help an connect with him, that he won't reveal what question he's talking about.  Supposedly because he thinks someone might have deleted it.  Which of course makes no sense.  But then, what in his posts does?
There is no myth here regarding the deleting.