Author Topic: I lost my virginity last night and thought I would share the experience with you  (Read 648 times)

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +307/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
We're actualy quite different. He has a sense of humor, I have a sense of humour.

Australians spell words differently, some would say more correctly.

Australian humor is something to get used to, especially if you don't know anything about the lingo.

-Nam

Dingo, Nam. Not lingo.

Go get a piss and leave me alone.

;)

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +175/-73
I knew the judge guard was a theist, so I just carried it in his blind spot.  :angel:

I messed up my own joke.  :'(

Edit: for effect

Not a blind spot, he knew you were an atheist and simply assumed you had no case.  :angel: :angel: :angel:
The 2010 world cup was ruined for me by that slippery bastard Paul.

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +183/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
This game would be easier for me if I didn't actually like you mm. It's hard for me to be mean on purpose!

Sigh.

Not impossible though: Typical theist, deciding what to believe without looking at the evidence.
My tolerance for BS is limited, and I use up most of it IRL.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +307/-82
We're actualy quite different. He has a sense of humor, I have a sense of humour.

Australians spell words differently, some would say more correctly.

Australian humor is something to get used to, especially if you don't know anything about the lingo.

-Nam

Dingo, Nam. Not lingo.

Go get a piss and leave me alone.

;)

-Nam

I don't drink but did you bring me one?

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +175/-73
Australians sometimes crudely refer to beer as piss - is that what you're referring to?

As in, "wow, I drank far too much piss last night" or "I got on the piss last night"

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +307/-82
This game would be easier for me if I didn't actually like you mm. It's hard for me to be mean on purpose!

Sigh.

Not impossible though: Typical theist, deciding what to believe without looking at the evidence.

Though I have been harsh with mm[1] in the past[2], it's still quite easy, for me, to be harsh.

A friend[3] of mine told me once, "It's not that I don't like you Nam, because I don't, but I do respect you."[4] -- the point is: it doesn't matter if you like or dislike a person, you just have to respect them[5], and you can say just about anything to them yet still remain respectful afterward.

Some people don't understand how I can do that; well, I just explained how.

-Nam
 1. who haven't I?
 2. present and will be, I'm quite sure, in the future
 3. actual in-person friend
 4. female friend. Most of my friends offline are female, don't know why.
 5. as a person, nothing more.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +175/-73
Respect is subjective and difficult to achieve in all cases. Sometimes I have thought I was respectful, but the person I have interacted with has not thought so. If somebody's feelings are hurt, and if you know the person well enough to reasonably predict their reaction to something, then you haven't been respectful even if you meant no dis-respect. However, if you don't know somebody, its possible that they react more sensitively to things than you might reasonably predict, and I think in those situations its still fair to say you have been respectful.

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +183/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
It's never been easy for me. I can snap out something awful in a temper but I find it very difficult to be "mean" (by my yardstick - YMMV) on purpose just because I have an opening.

I wouldn't have hesitate to say it to mm in person because body language, tone of voice, an actual wink, and all kinds of other more subtle cues take the harsh edge of when they are part of the conversation. Those all get lost in electronic conversations, and things can be taken differently than intended with no real context to frame the intentions of the speaker.
My tolerance for BS is limited, and I use up most of it IRL.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +307/-82
Respect is subjective and difficult to achieve in all cases. Sometimes I have thought I was respectful, but the person I have interacted with has not thought so. If somebody's feelings are hurt, and if you know the person well enough to reasonably predict their reaction to something, then you haven't been respectful even if you meant no dis-respect. However, if you don't know somebody, its possible that they react more sensitively to things than you might reasonably predict, and I think in those situations its still fair to say you have been respectful.

That's why, in my note on that, I stated "person only".

-Nam

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +307/-82
It's never been easy for me. I can snap out something awful in a temper but I find it very difficult to be "mean" (by my yardstick - YMMV) on purpose just because I have an opening.

I wouldn't have hesitate to say it to mm in person because body language, tone of voice, an actual wink, and all kinds of other more subtle cues take the harsh edge of when they are part of the conversation. Those all get lost in electronic conversations, and things can be taken differently than intended with no real context to frame the intentions of the speaker.

I know sensitivity. I've probably been a witness to it more than anyone here. I have commented on[1] on over 50,000 works[2], mainly poems[3]. Talk about sensitivity. Some of the replies I've gotten back:

"You don't know what you're talking about."
"My friends say it's great!"
"My family said that you're just being an asshole."
"This isn't school.[4]"
"I graduated top in my class from Harvard, you never even graduated from High School[5]; you telling me it needs work. Fuck you!"[6]
"Oh yeah! Your work is way worse than mine[7]

And many many other more vulgar things.

I'd say only about 2% of those I've commented on were ever appreciative. It should be noted, 99.99998% of the time when I comment on someone's work, or did--i don't really do it much anymore--i was 100% civil. 100% cordial. 100% nice. There were a very rare few times when I may have been harsh.

Now, all those bad comments above, times it by 1,000, and that how I got treated for over 10 years straight by people I tried to make better writers. Most of the 2% that were appreciative of my comments would tell anyone I helped them.

Trust me: I know sensitive people.

-Nam
 1. estimate based on 4 literary websites
 2. allpoetry.com lists over 30,000 of those: http://allpoetry.com/Nam
 3. less than .05% of them were actually "poetry--but if you include my own work, who I am the most critical of, the total is more like 75,000
 4. in reference to spelling and grammatical errors
 5. true
 6. actually happened-don't know if they actually went to Harvard or graduated top of their class; could be true
 7. 10/10 times they don't read your work, they just say it, or they go to your work and then make a comment about it without reading it, usually saying, "This sucks!"

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +307/-82
Australians sometimes crudely refer to beer as piss - is that what you're referring to?

As in, "wow, I drank far too much piss last night" or "I got on the piss last night"

Yeah...Australian lingo. I was playing along. It was a joke.

-Nam

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +175/-73
I know that. But I always take the opportunity to clarify when it comes to Australian colloquial expressions.

Here's another: 'Stone the Crows!"

What's that mean...?

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +307/-82
I know that. But I always take the opportunity to clarify when it comes to Australian colloquial expressions.

Here's another: 'Stone the Crows!"

What's that mean...?

I don't know...either it's an annoyance or music group. It should be noted, what I do know is limited because I take a lot of quizzes at funtrivia.com, and there are a lot of quizzes dealing with Australia because there are a lot of members from Australia.

-Nam

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +175/-73
Its an expression of surprise. No idea how it originated.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +307/-82
Its an expression of surprise. No idea how it originated.

I learned "piss" from an Australian movie I have. I forget the name, it's in one of my 4-film horror collections (though it's not horror, more suspense/thriller).

It was a good movie.

-Nam

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +175/-73
Have you seen 'Wolf Creek'? I couldn't watch the end.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +307/-82
Have you seen 'Wolf Creek'? I couldn't watch the end.

I have it on DVD, not the movie I'm talking about though. :( It was okay, I believe the guy killed his friends, and the fact he got away with it is astonishing if he actually did do it. (The real life guy the film is based on)

-Nam

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +128/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
The Flood™ really did happen.

I know. I think the shotgun is most effective weapon when defending yourself because the spray kills a bunch of them at once.

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.