Author Topic: And a Star is Born...  (Read 439 times)

Offline DVZ3

• Reader
  • Darwins +40/-7
And a Star is Born...
« on: July 10, 2013, 08:06:30 PM »

We live is such amazing times. I thought I would never live long enough to see the birth of the new son!  ;)

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/07/130710062240.htm
Hguols: "Its easier for me to believe that a God created everything...."

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +299/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: And a Star is Born...
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 08:08:00 PM »
Didn't I see that in a Star Trek show?

;)

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 12:02:46 AM »
The really amazing thing is that this star is already 10,000 years old. The light took that long to reach our telescopes.  Putting that into perspective this star formed when human civilization and agriculture was in it's absolute infancy and all of modern human development has occurred while the star's light has been racing across the galaxy toward us to view it with our telescopes 10,000 years later.
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.

Offline Xero-Kill

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-0
  • Wait... what?
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 08:57:08 AM »
It is truly breathtaking to even consider the sort of interactions that are taking place during such an event. Imagine all the circumstances that had to be just-so in order for this star to coalesce; then go even further to imagine the happenstance that must occur for solar systems and civilizations to form in it's wake.

Ahhh Science... *swoon*
"Our fathers were our models for God. If our fathers bailed, what does that tell you about God? You have to consider the possibility that God does not like you. He never wanted you. In all probability, he hates you. This is not the worst thing that can happen."

~Tyler Durden

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +299/-82
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 09:13:42 AM »
It is truly breathtaking to even consider the sort of interactions that are taking place during such an event. Imagine all the circumstances that had to be just-so in order for this star to coalesce; then go even further to imagine the happenstance that must occur for solar systems and civilizations to form in it's wake.

Ahhh Science... *swoon*

IT PROVES THE WONDERS OF BIBLEGOD!!!

IT TOOK A MASSIVE DUMP AND THAT'S THE BEAUTY THAT CAME OUT!

ALL PRAISE THE MASSIVE DUMP OF BIBLEGOD!!!

;)

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline Xero-Kill

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-0
  • Wait... what?
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 09:17:10 AM »
Wow... did you really have to cheapen this wonderful thread with all of that? Save that sort of tripe for GRD... this is our own backyard.
"Our fathers were our models for God. If our fathers bailed, what does that tell you about God? You have to consider the possibility that God does not like you. He never wanted you. In all probability, he hates you. This is not the worst thing that can happen."

~Tyler Durden

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +299/-82
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 10:40:47 AM »
I do what I do. Live with it.

-Nam

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +732/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 10:46:37 AM »
A star is born? Barbra Streisand is that old?

Neat story. Whatta we gonna do with all this information? It doesn't fit with our stone-aged, preconceived notions of reality. There is no place to put it.

Oh yea, libraries and on to the Internet and into intelligent peoples brains. Forgot.
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline Xero-Kill

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-0
  • Wait... what?
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 12:01:01 PM »

-Nam

How clever and accomplished you must feel. "That'll show 'em!"

~Tyler Durden

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +299/-82
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2013, 12:44:56 PM »

-Nam

How clever and accomplished you must feel. "That'll show 'em!"

I am clever. Clever as a lever (unless broken...or broken).

;)

-Nam

Offline wheels5894

• Reader
  • Darwins +106/-1
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 04:05:35 AM »

We live is such amazing times. I thought I would never live long enough to see the birth of the new son!  ;)

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/07/130710062240.htm

Thanks for the link, It is quite amazing to see this sort of thing.
No testimony is sufficient to establish a miracle, unless the testimony be of such that its falshood would be more miraculous than the facts it endeavours to establish. (David Hume)