Author Topic: GOD DOESN't HEAL AMPUTEES BECAUSE.... [#2752]  (Read 1547 times)

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
GOD DOESN't HEAL AMPUTEES BECAUSE.... [#2752]
« on: July 09, 2013, 07:07:48 PM »
Hello, I just happened to read your article about God and His response to prayers , especially to those with amputees.

I just needed to tell my view on this. I pray to God which has no son, which is not a father, which sent all the prophets to the people to warn them.

My God answers prayers but not in the way that you expect. Nobody wants to have diseases, cancer, bad life, be poor, be sick, be homeless. But we have them.

Why are you homeless! Why are you poor! Why are you sick? Are all of those coming from your actions or these are all coming from the God that you thought if you pray , you are %100 protected, nothing is going to happen?

My God created this world not as a heaven, but as a test for all humans. We will have bad and good, but we will have God,(doesn't matter you don't believe in Him, He is just everywhere, closer to you than you can imagine) and remember the afterlife by dealing best with our problems, get lessons, teach others, try to pass this test as best as we can TO BE CLOSE TO GOD AT THE END.

And My God again tells everybody " bring those who died if you are able" , bring them if you can, " collect their bones again and create them again if you can" You can't. "

So God doesn't heal Amputees doesn't mean He can't. He would have saved you from having amputees at the first place if He wanted to.

It doesn't mean I am totally rejecting science, my God tells me even a falling of a leaf from a tree is not a coincidence.." Do you think you are created for no reason and left out to live randomly?" .....He says.

Just shared my view.

Sent from my iPad
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
Re: GOD DOESN't HEAL AMPUTEES BECAUSE.... [#2752]
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 07:30:54 PM »
So basically, god does nothing.  Pretty much the same as a non-existence god.

My God answers prayers but not in the way that you expect.

My God created this world not as a heaven, but as a test for all humans.

I've always found the uage of "my god" to be a curious choice of words.  As though god is your property, instead of a sovereign being.

And My God again tells everybody " bring those who died if you are able" , bring them if you can, " collect their bones again and create them again if you can" You can't. "

It doesn't mean I am totally rejecting science, my God tells me even a falling of a leaf from a tree is not a coincidence

Just how did god tell these things to you?  Inquiring minds wants to know...

Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 08:42:31 PM »
Let me guess.  If I follow this God and pass His test when I die I can get 72 virgins...right?  And I'm guessing God hates trees also because that leaf you talked about...I had to rake a shit load of those last Fall.  God was testing me...right?
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 09:21:26 PM »

I'm not interested in being "tested" by a god that can't even drop by My house for a chat and a cup of tea.  (Springy G unilaterally cancels the course and refunds everyone's tuition)
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 10:00:08 PM »
Hello, I just happened to read your article about God and His response to prayers , especially to those with amputees.

I just needed to tell my view on this. I pray to God which has no son, which is not a father, which sent all the prophets to the people to warn them.

Are you saying you are Jewish or Muslim?

When you say that "god" doesn't answer prayers in the way that people expect, your "god" apparently doesn't answer prayers in any particularly recognizable way. The answers to prayers are, at best, random acts of randomness.

This is how "god" always gets a bye in any circumstance in which the desired outcome has not occurred. Believers either re-characterize the answer as something else or something less simply to justify their belief in the "god". Why can the most powerful entity in the universe be completely incapable of demonstrating any consistency of action whatsoever?

Why are you homeless! Why are you poor! Why are you sick? Are all of those coming from your actions or these are all coming from the God that you thought if you pray , you are %100 protected, nothing is going to happen?

I do not follow your thoughts here. Could you rephrase?

If "god" created this world as a test for humans, then the "god" with all the answers is not grading his subjects well. In fact, "god" is not even in the classroom. He never shows up for church, Sunday school or bible camp.

We will have bad and good, but we will have God,(doesn't matter you don't believe in Him, He is just everywhere ...

Are you saying that "god" is nitrogen? Nitrogen is everywhere. So are quantum fluctuations. Is "god" a quirky quark?

Are you saying that you are killing people and the bones are the bounty you must lay before your "god"?

So God doesn't heal Amputees doesn't mean He can't. He would have saved you from having amputees at the first place if He wanted to.

Ah, you see, that's the rub. Your "god" never wants to restore an amputee's missing limb. Not once. Not ever. The fact that you are ignoring this obvious glitch in your "god" is what causes us to be exasperated.

Your "god" has never healed a single amputee. An amputee is a very obvious case ripe for the demonstrable power of your "god" to heal, to restore, to perform a miracle. Yet not a single amputee has ever had his or her leg, arm, hand, finger, ear, nose or tongue restored. But you wish to ignore this quantifiable and obvious fact and continue to state that I should believe in some "god" that I can't see, never shows up for anything even when you worship him by drinking his blood and eating his flesh ... This complete lack of reasoning is perplexing. Why do you make excuses for your "god"?

It doesn't mean I am totally rejecting science, my God tells me even a falling of a leaf from a tree is not a coincidence.." Do you think you are created for no reason and left out to live randomly?" .....He says.

He talks to you?

Just shared my view.

Sent from my iPad

Thank you for sharing.
John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 07:26:13 AM »
The implication of the statement that god created everything as a test for humans, is that god needed to actually run the experiment before he could get the results.

Lame limited lightweight god.
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 09:53:06 AM »
We are nothing but an ant farm to this God creature.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 08:11:47 PM »
OP,

Your god sounds like a boring douche.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +896/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 11:15:25 PM »
I can't wait for the end of the world, when the sky opens up and there is this giant test pattern, along with a loud, deafening squawk. Followed by a booming disembodied voice saying:

"This is a test of the universe broadcast system. In the case of a real existence, you would be informed of all metaphysical choices. This is only a test." :police:

My luck, it would be Keanu Reeves in sunglasses saying it.... :P
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 05:59:03 AM »
The LW responds via email:

I really appreciate all the responses, and thank you for sharing my thoughts with your members.

It is just sad from my side to see all people here are sad and angry with God. They see him as if He is a person who wrecked their lives. Give and Take relationship belongs to Humans, not to God.

Whatever I say will not make any difference as long as their eyes are blind. I pray they will understand the Real God is not their enemy.

Thank you.

Whatever I say will not make any difference

Sent from my iPad
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2013, 08:00:38 AM »
Have to agree with you there.  Nothing you have said so far makes any difference.

Offline Dante

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-9
  • Hedonist Extraordinaire
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2013, 08:16:20 AM »
It is just sad from my side to see all people here are sad and angry with God. They see him as if He is a person who wrecked their lives. Give and Take relationship belongs to Humans, not to God.

Hey, you! Captain Moron! We're neither sad, nor angry with your, or any one else's god. Wanna guess why?

Because gods are imaginary. They dont exist. It's all in your head. And what's sad, I mean truely tragic, is all the deluded people on the planet who would rather not use reason and logic and evidence to form their worldviews. Fuckin' sheeple.......
Actually it doesn't. One could conceivably be all-powerful but not exceptionally intelligent.

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2013, 08:37:07 AM »
Give and Take relationship belongs to Humans, not to God.

Hmmm - this is the most telling thing to me.  Believer#2752 seems to be firmly of the opinion that his god can do whatever he wants, because.....well, just because, that's all!

Seems to be saying that "might makes right".  Fair enough, I can accept that.

Provided he dosn't then try to tell us about how his god is also super-loving and really wants a "relationship" with us....because a relationship IS "give and take".  An interaction with NO give and take is a dictatorship, or slavery.  Have to equate that with "loving", or "good".
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2013, 09:31:35 AM »
... my God tells me even a falling of a leaf from a tree is not a coincidence.."

God is such a moving target these days  &)
Git mit uns

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +678/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2013, 09:54:46 AM »

Hi.  You are completely wrong about that. I'm not sad at all.  I have a great life.  And I'm sure not angry at any gods.  I think god is imaginary, so being mad at an imaginary character would be... silly.  I am kind of angry at xians, because they keep trying to wreck my country. 

Whatever I say will not make any difference as long as their eyes are blind. I pray they will understand the Real God is not their enemy.

That's funny.  We see you as the blind one.  And for what it is worth, most of us used to be xians.  I was.  I prayed for god to restore my faith.  He didn't.  So if I am blind, it is because he wants me to be. 

And I do believe that magical belief - irrationality - is the real enemy.  God is just one form of it.

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline hickdive

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-0
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2013, 10:46:01 AM »

I really appreciate all the responses, and thank you for sharing my thoughts with your members.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad

Are you angry with Santa because you didn't get a pony for christmas the year you asked for one? Is that why you don't believe in Santa? Is that why you're sad?

If you can understand the fallacy of the above and replace it with your god you might, just, begin to understand how foolish you sound.

However, I don't hold out much hope and I suspect you're going to go on your way telling everyone how sad and angry atheists are on the basis of no evidence whatsoever.
Stupidity, unlike intelligence, has no limits.

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2013, 11:10:00 AM »

I wonder why theists seems unable to understand the idea that atheists do not believe in a god at all.
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2013, 10:21:19 PM »

Thank you for acknowledging our responses. Few rarely do.

It is just sad from my side to see all people here are sad and angry with God.

I am not sad and angry with God. I have said nothing that should indicate that I am "sad or angry". It seems that if I do not agree with you and I fail to accept your god, you will respond with the standard line that I am "sad and angry with God". We hear this all the time. It's like you, as most every other believer before you, finds that your remarks are not accepted and push a default button of "they are sad and angry with/at God" instead of considering more deeply the very points that brought you to comment in the first place.

They see him as if He is a person who wrecked their lives. Give and Take relationship belongs to Humans, not to God.

God cannot and did not wreck my life. God cannot act upon my life anymore than Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny. I cannot be sad and angry at something that doesn't exist, nor can I claim that such mysterious thing wrecked my life.

Do you really think about what you write? Have you been fed these basic responses so much that you pass them on rotely? Do you consider yourself unwilling to consider any other point?

Wow. So, as long as I disagree with you on the existence of god, I am unworthy of your time? What is this Real GodTM? Have people been worshipping a fake god of some kind and you think we are confused?

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +258/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2013, 01:29:38 PM »
Sad yes. Sad that I was promised something was real, found out it isn't real. Every bit of evidence shows it isn't real. People go around believing it is real as a justification for real harm.

I am sad about that.

Angry? No I am incapable of being atually angry with something I don't think is real. I am not angry with The Emperor from Star Wars for blowing up Alderan.

An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2013, 01:50:28 PM »

Thank you.

I've read enough of these to say... damn, I really apologize for being a fundie all those years.  I'm thinking about some self-flagellation to make up for my earlier foolishness....
If xian hell really exists, the stench of the burning billions of us should be a constant, putrid reminder to the handful of heavenward xians how loving your god is.  - neopagan

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +258/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2013, 02:27:59 PM »
Whatever I say will not make any difference as long as their eyes are blind.

Sent from my iPad

No what you say will not make any difference. Do you know why? Do you?

Really?

Despite you not wanting to know I will tell you anyway.

Because people can say truth or falsehoods. If what they are saying DOES NOT MATCH WHAT I SEE...such as stating that there's an invisible intangible man that created everything, and what they are saying does not match evidence, logic, reason, or science....then it is discountable as not true.

It is that basic. What you say isn't relevant. If what you say matches up with evidence is relevant.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +222/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburger™
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2013, 09:38:36 AM »

That doesn't work. Humans are not all created to be able to pass "the test". Because of this, Christian theologians had to invent "souls", to add an extra dimension of unverifiable confusion to the misconceived idea of a test.

If I'm born with Down's Syndrome, then how the hell am I going to pass any test?
If I'm born with childhood leukemia, and die at 5, then how to I pass this test?

Well, God has to somehow normalize what we are born with, and judge whether we passed the test, according to whether we could have done better in his opinion. Of course, you then have to explain why we could have done better, but for some reason didn't, since we were born into something that stopped us being better. Humans have acknowledged that we can't really judge people, because there are causative considerations in what made people commit crimes, or sit around and be depressed. How can you judge someone who was born with no empathy, or no intelligence?

There is a Darwinian test, though. If you die early, then you don't get to reproduce.
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Offline Energized

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +29/-1
  • Enma Ai is GOD!
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2013, 01:40:06 PM »

Liar.

E.
'O pitiful shadow lost in the darkness,
Bringing torment and pain to others.
O damned soul wallowing in your sin.
Perhaps it is time to die?'

~Enma Ai, Jigoku Shoujo

Offline Energized

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +29/-1
  • Enma Ai is GOD!
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2013, 01:43:25 PM »

Considering you didn't read the article as you claimed, I don't believe you've read anything.

Can we make this a sticky or throw it in an FAQ - a blunt response does not equal "sad and angry".

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad

So when Jesus said to go and preach the gospel to all the ends of the earth... did he say this to waste people's time?

BTW (reason for edit) - how insane is this comment?

If nothing you say, will make any difference, then what was the point in wasting your time and ours with your nonsense?

Then again, I don't expect much from someone who believes in circular logic when he mentions "you must believe to believe".

E.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 01:47:12 PM by Energized »
'O pitiful shadow lost in the darkness,
Bringing torment and pain to others.
O damned soul wallowing in your sin.
Perhaps it is time to die?'

~Enma Ai, Jigoku Shoujo

Offline Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +132/-3
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2013, 05:00:41 PM »
Hello Letter Writer,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Most people that email us are drive by mailers and one hit wonders. From what you’ve typed I’d wager you’re a practitioner of Islam, so I'll respond as if you're following the Abrahamic god. Do feel free to correct me.

[..]
My God created this world not as a heaven, but as a test for all humans. We will have bad and good, but we will have God […] try to pass this test as best as we can TO BE CLOSE TO GOD AT THE END.

Our short time on earth being called a test is something I’ve heard many times from Abrahamic followers. But what makes a test a “good” test? I can think of a few qualities a good test should have (i.e. validity and practicality), but I want to focus on fairness. Is god’s test fair? If it isn’t, with such high stakes (eternal bliss vs. eternal damnation) the test is a complete and utter failure.

I'll cut to the chase- your god’s test is unfair.

Schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease, Antisocial personality disorder, Major depressive disorder, Huntington’s disease- these are only a few of the uncontrollable variables which would inhibit a person from being closer to your god in a myriad of ways. Any cognitive impairment that inhibits person x but doesn’t affect person y in god’s test is undeniably unfair.

This is a “hardening of hearts” on a global scale. And the issue regarding the fairness of this test stands regardless of your god’s omniscience, or lack thereof.

You never explain how your god answers an amputee’s prayer. All you did was claim that your god answers the prayers of amputees, has the power to heal amputees, yet does not have the “want” or desire to heal amputees.  I take it his answer to all amputees is “NO.”

Thank you.
[...]

Open minds are conducive to healthy discussions. You shouldn’t be so quick to say that your words won’t be read here. I considered and entertained them. Reciprocate.

And you misunderstand. As others have said we aren’t angry at your god. Your god is simply one god among many other proposed gods we don’t think exist.
Leave nothing to chance. Overlook nothing. Combine contradictory observations. Allow yourself enough time. -Hippocrates of Cos

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2013, 05:58:03 PM »
It is just sad from my side to see all people here are sad and angry with God. They see him as if He is a person who wrecked their lives.

As Aaron123 said above me, theists have a difficult time understanding that an atheist is not mad at a god, or sad about a god, or happy or jubilant.  Those imply a god to exist on the receiving end to the emotion.  I am no more sad or angry with God than I am sad or angry with Zeus or sad and angry with Vishnuu or sad and angry with the tooth fairy.  I don't believe in a god, or gods, or goddesses, or The God, or witches, dragons, trolls, fairies, monsters, wizards, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, or leprechauns.  I can no more be sad or angry with those mythical creatures as I can be sad or angry with God.  They don't exist.  There is nothing to be sad or angry with.
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2013, 01:04:31 AM »
Religious people are the saddest people I know. Also the ones who seem to be angry at their god. But they have to reflect or otherwise they'd realise they're believing in nonsense.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Mrjason

• Reader
  • Darwins +93/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2013, 07:37:59 AM »
I pray they will understand the Real God is not their enemy.

Despite another believer praying for the folks as WWGHA there are still no converts. I wonder when will these prayers reach critical mass and we'll all get saved?

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2013, 08:30:28 AM »
^^^^I will help the LW out... back in my theistic days, my nonsensical answer would have been:

The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.http://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/2%20Peter%203%3A9

It's the usual get out of jail free card for d'lawd.   The omnimax of the universe is being held up by his creation's stubbornness.  So... at some point when babies stop being born, all kids are old enough to learn scripture - he will get around to fulfilling his promises.  The only other option is - he doesn't get what he is wishing for...
If xian hell really exists, the stench of the burning billions of us should be a constant, putrid reminder to the handful of heavenward xians how loving your god is.  - neopagan