Author Topic: Hello Forum Members.  (Read 1836 times)

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +127/-6
  • I'm Your Nurse, Not Your Waitress...
Re: Hello Forum Members.
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2013, 12:17:58 AM »
Hei, Alex!  Welcome.

I took a quick look at one of the comment threads on the WWGHA blog.  How do you manage to keep your sanity there with people like that "Messenger" guy around?

That guy (Messenger) is cuckoo for cocoa puffs.   :?

It doesn't make sense to let go of something you've had for so long.  But it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's actually nothing there.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2013, 04:30:54 AM »
Welcome to the forum Waking Death. Your name is pretty metal \m/ :P

I hope you enjoy your stay here, bear in mind of course it is better to have thick skin around these parts, not everybody pulls their punches, whilst it's very rarely meant personally, it's just debate can get pretty intense and people have different ways of debating, sometimes employing sarcasm to do so.

There is an imbalance in the number of theists to atheists so if you find yourself overwhelmed, you can ask to slow down the pace so you've got time to make more thought out responses. We prefer quality over quantity, but of course that's not an excuse for dodging. I think it's worth looking at our rules as well, we have some rules specific to debating, which may help your stay here. The Shelter kinda exists to offer a calmer area for less intense discussions, access is restricted to allow for closer moderation.

Of course, we've also got the test area for learning how to use this forum effectively and also we have the Emergency Room, which some view as a punishment. However, if this forum is finding somebody who's not offering fair debate, abiding by the rules or if there's generally a problem with a user, unlike most forums we don't like to just ban people, the Emergency Room serves as an area to isolate a member for other discussions to address the issues at hand and perhaps coach people. By all means we like discussion, if it were just atheists discussion religion then it would be intellectual masturbation (and because masturbation is a sin, Christians should seek to challenge us intellectually :P).

Don't forget to pop into chatter as well, it's good to blow off steam and also a social spot where you might get to know members a bit better.

Anyway man, have a good one. Hope you find what you're looking for here.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline WakingDeath

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2013, 08:25:40 AM »
Welcome to the forum Waking Death. Your name is pretty metal \m/ :P

Anyway man, have a good one. Hope you find what you're looking for here.

Thanks for noticing!  I love Metal!!