Author Topic: Suggestion.. [#2749]  (Read 1115 times)

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
Suggestion.. [#2749]
« on: July 07, 2013, 10:43:54 AM »
A Suggestion…

I believe it might be useful for an independent organization to research the miracles attributed to present and future saints of the catholic church….

We wouldn’t want the church to make a mistake and give sainthood to an undeserving person….
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
Re: Suggestion.. [#2749]
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 01:30:38 PM »
How about an atheist group?  Can't get more independent than that. ;)
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 03:12:50 PM »
if there is one thing the C church is interested in... it's not making mistakes.  see galilieo, altar boys, etc
If xian hell really exists, the stench of the burning billions of us should be a constant, putrid reminder to the handful of heavenward xians how loving your god is.  - neopagan

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 03:40:30 PM »
A Suggestion…

I believe it might be useful for an independent organization to research the miracles attributed to present and future saints of the catholic church….

We wouldn’t want the church to make a mistake and give sainthood to an undeserving person….

Popes and everyone else aren't "saints". None of them.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +50/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 04:01:49 PM »

The Catholic Church doesn't make mistakes.

Ever.....  &)
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +258/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 01:22:09 PM »

Ever.....  &)

I dealt with one nutbag....Maggie the Opinionated and her take on this more or less is ludicous:

The organization is composed of fallible people who make mistakes. However the church as a spiritual entity and cannot make mistakes.

Yeah under the underlying spiritual substance clause that allow for the literal transubstantiation, but not a testable one &)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 02:13:55 PM by Hatter23 »
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 02:47:25 PM »
Who hasn't dealt with Maggie-Who-Knows-It-All?

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +895/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 05:14:58 PM »
She gave me the only negative darwins I have ever received. Sigh. Those were the days. :'(
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 09:57:11 PM »
She's the main reason I won't go back to isgodimaginary. I can't believe they tolerate her shit.
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2013, 10:45:57 PM »
She's the main reason I won't go back to isgodimaginary. I can't believe they tolerate her shit.

She's currently in the corner there, for, I believe the next 40 days. But if she keeps on using derogatory words toward staff members it may be indefinite or she may be banned.

On a separate note: I too am in the corner. I, however, find it hilarious.

They are becoming quite conservative these days.

-Nam

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2013, 12:38:44 AM »

Ever.....  &)

Well I'm not so sure about that Emily. 
See they used to say an altar stone needed two Class I relics buried in it for the altar magic to work properly - but then they realised their mistake (clearly magic is not additive) and so changed it to just one Class I relic:   
... according to the Pontificale Romanum (De Eccles. Consecratione) the relics of two canonized martyrs, although the Cong. Sac. Rit. (16 February 1906) decided that if the relic of only one martyr is placed in it the consecration is valid, ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altar_(Catholicism)

Their honesty in addressing this matter is comforting .... no? :angel:
Git mit uns

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2013, 03:56:10 AM »
The catholic church has changed their tune on numerous subjects. I dated a guy who had studied to become a priest. He told me some of the details of changes over time, and I was shocked. No, I don't recall details, but they were pretty fundamental changes.
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline grant

• Graduate
  • Darwins +4/-0
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2013, 04:07:11 AM »
The whole idea of "sainthood" is ridiculous.

There are no miracles, never has been, just unexplained incidents that some bozo puts his hand up for.
What if the hokey pokey is what its all about?

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +534/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2013, 06:39:48 AM »
A Suggestion…

How about an atheist group?  Can't get more independent than that. ;)

I think that first each sect of the major religions should put forward what they see as an incontravertable miracle, and all the other sects of that religion would attempt to debunk it. Once an undebunkable miracle has been found, that sect's miracle goes forward to compete against the winners from other religions.

Finally, we will know which one is the "One True Faith" and which god is the "One True God."
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2013, 08:29:35 AM »
^^^ that would make for an interesting reality tv show... sort of like survivor as each sect gets voted off faith island. what happens when there is no one left or it all breaks out into a bloody religious war?
If xian hell really exists, the stench of the burning billions of us should be a constant, putrid reminder to the handful of heavenward xians how loving your god is.  - neopagan

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2013, 08:37:47 AM »
When they are voted off the Earth opens up and they fall into a fiery pit.  Man, would that get ratings or what?
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline hickdive

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-0
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2013, 01:17:42 PM »
The RC church did have a "Devil's Advocate" for nearly 400 years whose job was to make the case against canonisation of a proposed saint.

JP2 got rid of the post and starting creating saints wholesale.
Stupidity, unlike intelligence, has no limits.