Author Topic: Boko Haram - another wonderful branch of Islam  (Read 281 times)

Offline shnozzola

Boko Haram - another wonderful branch of Islam
« on: July 06, 2013, 07:12:37 AM »
POTISKUM, Nigeria (AP) — Islamic militants attacked a boarding school in northeast Nigeria before dawn Saturday, killing 29 students and one teacher. Some of the pupils were burned alive in the latest school attack blamed on a radical terror group, survivors said.

Parents screamed in anguish as they tried to identify the charred and gunshot victims.
Farmer Malam Abdullahi found the bodies of two of his sons, a 10-year-old shot in the back as he apparently tried to run away, and a 12-year-old shot in the chest.

"That's it, I'm taking my other boys out of school," he told The Associated Press as he wept over the two corpses. He said he had three younger children in a nearby school.

"It's not safe," he said. "The gunmen are attacking schools and there is no protection for students despite all the soldiers."
Survivors at the Potiskum General Hospital and its mortuary said gunmen attacked Government Secondary School in Mamudo village, 5 kilometers (3 miles) from Potiskum town at about 3 a.m. Saturday. The gunmen are believed to be from the Boko Haram sect whose name means "Western education is sacrilege."

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20130706/AF-Nigeria-Violence/
“I wanna go ice fishing on Europa, and see if something swims up to the camera lens and licks it.”- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +29/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
Re: Boko Haram - another wonderful branch of Islam
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 08:06:11 AM »
     Nigeria sure is one fucked up country. I love the translation of their name: "Western education is sacrilege." How appropriate that they are now living in caves.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
Re: Boko Haram - another wonderful branch of Islam
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 08:09:52 AM »
The human race seems to be eating their own.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +263/-33
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
'Dozens dead' in school attack in Nigeria's Yobe state
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 12:33:37 PM »
Eyewitnesses said some of the victims were burned alive in the attack, in Mamudo town, Yobe state.

Dozens of schools have been burned in attacks by Islamists since 2010.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-23209181

Truly disgusting, to say the least. Just goes to show you how religion is harmful to society. Of course, non-muslims will claim that it's just Islam that's messed up. Thankfully, there are those of us who know the truth.

Found over on AF.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
Re: 'Dozens dead' in school attack in Nigeria's Yobe state
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 12:55:37 PM »
Now if they were killed by guns then it is ok.  See they have gun rights.  Same in the US.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +29/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +263/-33
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.