Author Topic: Ten Commandments Erection  (Read 1485 times)

Offline John 3 16

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-14
  • Darwins +0/-1,000,000,000
Re: Ten Commandments Erection
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2013, 09:59:38 PM »
I love how they like marking their territory with these laws 99.9% of them never follow.
Little better but still baseless.
e.g. there did you get 99.9%?
Or did you mean say "most of Christians"?  ;D
Are you a hatheist?  (hey-thee-ist)

A person who vocally hates on religious individuals, often criticizing such persons for being uneducated hillbillies.

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +276/-31
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2013, 11:40:39 PM »
Political movements of this kind are territorial, J316.  Planting a political symbol on symbolically valuable ground is marking territory.  Nam put it crudely, but his point is apt.
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline John 3 16

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-14
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2013, 12:33:28 AM »
Political movements of this kind are territorial, J316.  Planting a political symbol on symbolically valuable ground is marking territory.  Nam put it crudely, but his point is apt.
Agreed.

If anyone is using their religion/faith for their political favor, I can say that person's faith is useless.
His/her religion is meaningless, therefore his/her Christianity is fake.

A person who vocally hates on religious individuals, often criticizing such persons for being uneducated hillbillies.

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +276/-31
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2013, 12:37:35 AM »
It's not so much using the religion for political favor when a group does this, as it is showing Paulianity's political roots.  Your religion would never have thrived had the Romans not adopted it for political gain.
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline John 3 16

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-14
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2013, 12:44:48 AM »
Your religion would never have thrived had the Romans not adopted it for political gain.
Maybe maybe not. ^ ^

BTW how come Nam did not receive any negative darwins when he put his statement crudely?

Is there atheist protection policy on this website?  &)

I am almost tempted to mimic him and say something similar back to him,,, but I know I will get banned right away.

I plan to stay here little longer.........

Offline Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +132/-3
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2013, 01:03:02 AM »
BTW how come Nam did not receive any negative darwins when he put his statement crudely?

Crude as in quickly posted and unrefined, not as in lewd/disgusting or disrespectful.
Leave nothing to chance. Overlook nothing. Combine contradictory observations. Allow yourself enough time. -Hippocrates of Cos

Offline John 3 16

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-14
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2013, 01:30:15 AM »
Crude as in quickly posted and unrefined, not as in lewd/disgusting or disrespectful.

Christians just marking their territory. Pissing everywhere they can. Claiming everything as their own when it's not.

His statement was rather disrespectful and his claim was baseless.

Look at my bold ----what does that suppose to mean?

Offline Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +132/-3
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2013, 02:34:27 AM »
Christians just marking their territory. Pissing everywhere they can. Claiming everything as their own when it's not.

His statement was rather disrespectful and his claim was baseless.

Ah, I must just be inured to that expression, but I do think what he said has some merit to it.

When Christians create and defend situations like this you'll often hear things similar to "This country was founded on Judeo-Christian values..." and "...we are a Christian nation" etc. With that in mind it's easy to see why jamming a slab of marble doctrine accompanied by these claims can be considered staking territory. What do you think the motivation was for these Christians to erect an Abrahamic monument on secular government property, if not to passively "take the piss" and display Christian dominance?
Leave nothing to chance. Overlook nothing. Combine contradictory observations. Allow yourself enough time. -Hippocrates of Cos

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +276/-31
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2013, 06:48:47 AM »
Maybe maybe not. ^ ^

In either case, the situation under discussion in this thread is one where politics are being used to benefit a religion, not religion being used for political favor.  You've got it backwards.

Is there atheist protection policy on this website?  &)

I am almost tempted to mimic him and say something similar back to him,,, but I know I will get banned right away.

I plan to stay here little longer.........

I've given Nam negative karma several times in the past, but never for being crude.  Nor have I given any theists negative karma for being crude.  Being crude is something that, if memory serves, almost never nets anyone any negative karma.  It has nothing to do with atheism.