Author Topic: Fringe science : The new chronology of Fomenko  (Read 417 times)

Offline viocjit

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +4/-0
  • WWGHA Member
Fringe science : The new chronology of Fomenko
« on: June 27, 2013, 09:30:32 AM »
The New chronology is a theory that I consider like fringe science because I think that this theory is problematic for many reasons. I will don't explain these reasons because that can be long.

This theory say that chronological system use today is not correct because the ancient history and the middle age is the same period.
The founder of this theory is a Russian named Anatoly Timofeevich Fomenko (Russian : ???????? ?????????? ???????) born to Donetsk in USSR (now Ukraine) in 1945.
He is a mathematician who is a member of "Russian Academy of Sciences" (Russian : ?????????? ???????? ????).

Links about this :
1.Website who defend this theory
2.New Chronology in Wikipedia
3.Biography of Fomenko in Wikipedia

Offline wheels5894

• Fellow
  • Darwins +114/-1
Re: Fringe science : The new chronology of Fomenko
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 11:25:42 AM »
Mmmm, well,  this is an interesting idea. Now I wonder what he was smoking when he came up with it....

The concept that everything before the 11th century didn't happen / didn't exist is easily knocked down as we can date, by scientific methods the Egyptian pyramid building and, or course, vast amounts of Greek and Roman buildings. If proving false any one of the nutcase idea brings the theory down on the inventor's head, he had better get running...
No testimony is sufficient to establish a miracle, unless the testimony be of such that its falshood would be more miraculous than the facts it endeavours to establish. (David Hume)

Offline viocjit

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +4/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 12:15:49 PM »
I can say that this theory is a good laugh. What are the evidences who prove that historical documents were forged ?
I discovered the existence of this theory in a French conspiracy theorist website.

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +412/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 12:49:41 PM »
I can say that this theory is a good laugh. What are the evidences who prove that historical documents were forged ?
I discovered the existence of this theory in a French conspiracy theorist website.
k You have to spill the beans on the URL for that website.  A Babelfish translation of conspiracy theories has got to be entertaining.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/

Offline viocjit

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +4/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 04:53:20 PM »
Unhappily I can't remember of the link because I discovered this theory there are a lot of years ago.
But like I find this theory in a French anti-conspiracy theory website yesterday (26/june/2013) I though to this conspiracy theorist website where I discovered this theory the first time.
The Article is not about the new chronology , this is about the conspiracy theory about the death of Neda Agha-Soltan.
The link between Fomenko's theory and the article is the next : The article speak about a person who support the conspiracy theory about the death of Neda Agha-Soltan. Also this man support the Fomenko's theory.

Now I will make a partial translation of this part. I will translate the next part : (3) Pierre Dortiguier est un adepte du « récentisme ». (3) Pierre Dortiguier is a follower of « new chronology ».

Google translate : (3) Pierre Dortiguier is a follower of "récentisme."
Reverso.net : (3) Pierre Dortiguier is a follower of "récentisme."

The complete part is the next :
(3) Pierre Dortiguier est un adepte du « récentisme ». Proche d'Egalité & Réconciliation, l'association d'Alain Soral, il a contribué à l’ouvrage collectif Le 11-Septembre n’a pas eu lieu (Le retour aux sources, 2011), qui réunit la fine fleur de la mouvance complotiste (Alain Soral, Salim Laïbi, Hubert Marty-Vrayance, Alexis Kropotkine, Johan Livernette, Léon Camus, etc.). Il a également préfacé le livre de Salim Laïbi (alias Le Libre Penseur), La Faillite du monde moderne (Fiat Lux, 2012). Dortiguier a signé de nombreux textes sur Géopolintel.fr, un site où interviennent également Léon Camus (du journal d’extrême droite Rivarol) et Jean-Michel Vernochet. Le texte de Dortiguier affirmant que Neda a été assassinée par les Américains est daté du 7 novembre 2009. Il a été repris sur le blog du site Mecanopolis.

Now the link : http://www.conspiracywatch.info/Neda-Agha-Soltan-retour-sur-une-theorie-du-complot_a1073.html