Author Topic: Rape kits are abortions  (Read 762 times)

Online natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +69/-0
  • Polyatheist
Rape kits are abortions
« on: June 26, 2013, 10:07:13 PM »
Crazy-ape-bonker politicians get it so horribly, horribly wrong once again.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/24/jodie-laubenberg-texas-rape_n_3493220.html

Amid a heated debate over a restrictive anti-abortion bill being pushed by Texas GOP lawmakers, one Republican argued that a proposed exemption for rape victims was unnecessary because assaulted women could simply turn to rape kits for abortions.

"In the emergency room they have what’s called rape kits, where a woman can get cleaned out," said state Rep. Jodie Laubenberg

And this from a woman??? How is it she can be so ill informed. There aren't enough palms in this world for the facepalm required here.

Closer to home for me in Australia, all the states here have approved of the drug RU486, except the state I live in. About 6 months ago a whole bunch of medical practicions said to the government that they should legalise the use of RU486, but the then (male) Health Minister said no, on the grounds that he didn't like the idea of women having abortions in the toilet.

WTF??
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +354/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Rape kits are abortions
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 02:44:52 AM »
I know. Hilariously stupid. If she thinks it, many others do too. Rape kits collect evidence, not give abortions; if they did they'd (these idiots) be banning rape kits.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Online natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +69/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 06:07:04 AM »
Seriously, where do these muppets get their info from? The back of a cereal box?? They open their mouths to take one foot out and insert the other, and I'm left spluttering in amazement. Its like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 06:09:42 AM »
Seriously, where do these muppets get their info from? The back of a cereal box??

They make it up. Seriously, it's the only explanation. Nobody is stupid enough to believe this crap unless they make it up themselves. Or maybe I'm giving mankind more credit than it deserves.

They open their mouths to take one foot out and insert the other, and I'm left spluttering in amazement. Its like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

Too true.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 07:48:09 AM »
Lack of sex ed in schools, religious nuts telling them so, blinders on.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Online wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +84/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 10:26:16 AM »
Sadly, I suspect this level of ignorance has always existed. It's just that it's more visible now, which in time (I'm an optimist) will lead to it being corrected and reduced. Or at least the ignorant being more careful about what they say in the age of the Internet.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 10:27:38 AM »
Amazing... I think these politians turn to a 16 year old intern (see Nick's comment) and ask them a quick question on the topic at hand before walking on stage to give insane answers like this...

From Todd Akin, Missouri Senate candidate in 2012: "...was asked in a TV interview whether abortion should be legal in cases of rape. "From what I understand from doctors, that's really rare,” he replied. “If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.""[1]

He lost...

1. http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/07/14980822-rape-remarks-sink-two-republican-senate-hopefuls?lite
If xian hell really exists, the stench of the burning billions of us should be a constant, putrid reminder to the handful of heavenward xians how loving your god is.  - neopagan

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2013, 01:44:55 PM »
I... I... just don't even know what to say; I'm completely gobsmacked here.  How can anyone really be that stupid?  This is just a whole 'nother level that I didn't even know was achievable by humans.  And this from a woman?
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +131/-7
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 02:14:26 PM »
Long ago Republicans chose to institute an anti-intellectual requirement for all members of their party. Not a smart marketing move in a society that is becoming progressively more educated.

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2013, 02:24:02 PM »
Long ago Republicans chose to institute an anti-intellectual requirement for all members of their party. Not a smart marketing move in a society that is becoming progressively more educated.

There's a sad amount of "don't worry, we'll think for you" going on on both sides of the aisle in Washington.  Sometimes I think they assume we have ALL taken some anti-intellectual pledge (some have, of course).
If xian hell really exists, the stench of the burning billions of us should be a constant, putrid reminder to the handful of heavenward xians how loving your god is.  - neopagan

Online natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +69/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2013, 10:00:00 PM »
Ah yes, 'legitimate rape'... c'mon everyone, you all know the words!

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +354/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2013, 02:47:01 AM »
Catchy.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.