Author Topic: Do Xtians Donate Organs?  (Read 467 times)

Offline anthony_retford

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
Do Xtians Donate Organs?
« on: June 24, 2013, 09:12:12 PM »
It occurred to me that with all of the drivers in our state (MN) there must be many who signed the organ donor box, and some of them who actually gave up their eyes, heart, liver, etc to someone else. So that started me thinking about Revelations and how Bible God is supposed to reconstitute everyone (even those who were vaporized in the atomic bombs). But how do Xtians deal with donations? Would they say Bible God will retract all donations (even if they received one) and he would have a way to deal with the incomplete people? For me it is just like mental gymnastics - trying to figure out how an imaginary being would act.

Any thoughts?
People are 'erroneously confident' in their knowledge and underestimate the odds that their information or beliefs will be proved wrong. They tend to seek additional information in ways that confirm what they already believe.
Max Bazenman, Harvard University

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
Re: Do Xtians Donate Organs?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 09:25:48 PM »
Reconstitute? :o Does that mean bald guys will get their hair back? :laugh:

I'm sure God has some Configuration Management software keeping track of all this stuff.  Maybe fragments of soul are housed in the popular transplantable organs - that would enable parts to auto-find each other in a reshuffling exercise.
Git mit uns

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 10:15:45 PM »
"shrugs"

I'm listed as a donor on my drivers licence. I haven't thought about it in terms of Christianity. Having thought about it now (for 30 seconds), I can't see any reason to change my mind.

They're pretty good organs, too. Never smoked, light drinker, medium to heavy exerciser. If I get hit by a truck somebody's going to get lucky.[1]
 1. smart arse comments expected, and welcomed
Go on up you baldhead.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 10:25:50 PM »
When Jesus comes back I can see body parts flying out of people and into zombies coming out of the grave.

Also, The "right" was going nuts a few weeks back about the little girl who was moved up on he adult list so she could get a lung over someone else.  Changing the rules of the game.  They seemed to be ok with that.

What about cremation?  That might present a problem for coming back.

More people should mark the box but don't.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +37/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 10:28:16 PM »
I can't remember it ever being an issue in my church going days.  The ministers just mentioned that people would have new bodies if they made it to heaven, no mention of what would happen if you wound up in hell.  My church going mother is adamant about being cremated though, couldn't say why.
Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +941/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 11:39:38 PM »
Yeah, what about all the people who would be spiritually raptured right out of their clothing, leaving their unmanned cars to crash into all us heathen sinners "left behind". They should pre-donate their spare kidneys, corneas and lungs, since they won't be needing them in heaven. We will take all their physical stuff, so can we have their organs, too?  :?
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 01:36:27 AM »
In my experience its only the "born again" radicals who won't donate organs, or who refuse to give blood, or won't take blood, and so on. Most christians I know in real life do not believe at all in a literal bible.
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 07:36:44 AM »
I did not sign the donor card on my driver's lic because I have arranged to have my body donated to science and I guess they want all the parts.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Mrjason

• Reader
  • Darwins +103/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 07:58:03 AM »
When Jesus comes back I can see body parts flying out of people and into zombies coming out of the grave.

I've been donating blood for years now, i don't want it back I'd have no where to put it!