Author Topic: The Bible is a disgrace to God!!!  (Read 19327 times)

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +337/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: The Bible is a disgrace to God!!!
« Reply #348 on: October 14, 2013, 02:11:33 PM »
median,

Give up. You can't prove her irrational to herself because she doesn't use definitions of words people agree universally on, she uses her made up definitions.

She's a nutjob. You can't reason with nutjobs.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline median

• Reader
  • Darwins +201/-16
  • Yahweh: Obviously not obvious.
    • Talk Origins
« Reply #349 on: October 14, 2013, 02:20:11 PM »
median,

Give up. You can't prove her irrational to herself because she doesn't use definitions of words people agree universally on, she uses her made up definitions.

She's a nutjob. You can't reason with nutjobs.

-Nam

It's ok, I'm hard headed as they come (in the sense that I like to pound the reason hammer) and it's fun lol
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Carl Sagan

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-90
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #350 on: October 15, 2013, 03:32:19 AM »
yelp nut job indeed.  crazy as they come.   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 

You don't have a big enough hammer to crack this nut ole wise one.  :P

Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man.
Thomas Paine

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/thomas_paine.html#XXwlhVIMq06zWg2d.99

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
  • Residential Tulpamancer.
« Reply #351 on: October 15, 2013, 05:25:42 AM »

*sarcasm detected*

Anyway, on-topic.

I would say god is a disgrace to the bible as the bible is said to be "the origin of all morals and good and stuff" (Bullshit anyway...), while god is represented as an evil ass-hat who enjoys killing everything because he stuffed up.
Not to mention that he knew he would stuff up too.
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline median

• Reader
  • Darwins +201/-16
    • Talk Origins
« Reply #352 on: October 15, 2013, 10:11:41 AM »

That's pretty dishonest considering earlier you stated you would change your mind if shown to be irrational, which has been noted many times in response to your arguments. This kind of intellectual hypocrisy is quite common among you religious folks. Statements like this indicate that you clearly do not really care if your beliefs are actually true. Like most God believers, you just want to be comfortable in your assumptions and feelings - instead of being rational. Sad.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +337/-85
« Reply #353 on: October 15, 2013, 11:09:28 AM »
As I said: her own definitions.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +927/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #354 on: October 15, 2013, 03:16:24 PM »
Okay, I give up trying to reason anything out here. Let's just play with some woo instead .  &)

How about a simple question for any god-believer on this site: let's assume there is a god of some sort. There are people who do not know whether or not there is a god. If, as the OP states, the bible is not useful, and assuming no other religious text is either, how does a person find out about god? Wait for god to communicate his existence, or look around at the universe for him?

If the answer is "look around at the universe" than every person is going to come up with something different, because what each person "sees" in the universe depends on that person's background, culture and experience. In other words, people's experiences in the world are subjective, not apparently coming directly from any one source, ie god.

One person sees warfare, destruction and suffering. The next person sees immense expanses of dead, empty space and environments actively hostile to life. Another sees survival, honesty and hope. Yet another sees kindness, beauty and love. Still another sees scientific order, natural laws and rationality. And so on.

Is god an objective being or the sum total of everything humans "see"?
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-90
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #355 on: October 17, 2013, 07:25:06 AM »

That's pretty dishonest considering earlier you stated you would change your mind if shown to be irrational, which has been noted many times in response to your arguments. This kind of intellectual hypocrisy is quite common among you religious folks. Statements like this indicate that you clearly do not really care if your beliefs are actually true. Like most God believers, you just want to be comfortable in your assumptions and feelings - instead of being rational. Sad.

You have no [absolute] truth to prove my beliefs irrational.  That's the sad part.  As Morgan Freeman So eloquently put it; "the debate is not likely to end anytime soon", Through the Wormhole.  With that in mind your claim of my dishonesty is moot.

I'm leaving the main discussion zone to Nam.  My place is in the Shelter and my cancer support group I've found here.

See Ya
Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man.
Thomas Paine

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/thomas_paine.html#XXwlhVIMq06zWg2d.99

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-32
« Reply #356 on: October 17, 2013, 08:40:51 AM »
Imagine that.  You went into the argument/debate part of the forum, and found argument/debate.  Geez, people are just so MEAN!
I have not encountered any mechanical malfunctioning in my spirit.  It works every single time I need it to.

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
  • Residential Tulpamancer.
« Reply #357 on: October 17, 2013, 08:53:58 AM »
You have no [absolute] truth to prove my beliefs irrational.

You have no [absolute] truth to prove your beliefs are rational, burden and proof and what not.

I'm leaving the main discussion zone to Nam.  My place is in the Shelter and my cancer support group I've found here.

See Ya

Hit and run eh?...
"My god makes me have meaning and is good and stuff"
*insert debate here*
"Wah, you meanies and Nam are debating in the atheist forum about my god, i'm leaving".

This seems to occur too often...
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +337/-85
« Reply #358 on: October 17, 2013, 10:26:42 AM »

You have no [absolute] truth to prove my beliefs irrational.  That's the sad part.  As Morgan Freeman So eloquently put it; "the debate is not likely to end anytime soon", Through the Wormhole.  With that in mind your claim of my dishonesty is moot.

See Ya

It's funny, a religious person looking for Cancer support from atheists. What, your god doesn't support you?

Moron.

-Nam

Offline median

• Reader
  • Darwins +201/-16
    • Talk Origins
« Reply #359 on: October 17, 2013, 06:34:02 PM »

See Ya

Your spray and run-away approach doesn't mean you're right, nor does it show I'm wrong. It just shows that you're scarred, and are refusing to amend your irrational beliefs. I've pointed out multiple logical fallacies in your arguments and you haven't done anything to correct those (except to admit that you don't care that much if your beliefs are true - aka you just want to feel comfortable). Well guess what? That's the difference between you and I. I actually care.

Now, I don't need any "absolute truth" to prove that your arguments are irrational or false (just like you don't need absolute "truth" to show Christians are wrong about the bible). All I need is sufficient evidence or reasoning and that has already been shown here. Absolute knowledge is a changing of subject b/c there is no requirement for that and no one has that when it comes to these questions.

Again, I've noted many logical fallacies you have tried to use in your arguments (in spite of your bunk claim that you wanted to "reason"). No, you didn't want to reason. You wanted to RATIONALIZE and spin your assumed beliefs (and your self induced interpretation of "feelings") in order to make yourself feel good. Well, I'm sorry that you can't admit your own error but this doesn't change the fact that your arguments are irrational, no question (as I already noted on multiple accounts). Your rebuttal above is irrational as well (and in error) b/c I noted and demonstrated both your logical fallacies and your intellectual dishonesty (i.e. your unwillingness to own up to your fallacious arguments and your refusal to actually want to reason, as you previously claimed).

Perhaps one day you will actually get honest with yourself and others when it comes to these questions.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 06:41:22 PM by median »