Author Topic: The Bible is a disgrace to God!!!  (Read 17260 times)

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
Re: The Bible is a disgrace to God!!!
« Reply #232 on: July 26, 2013, 04:16:53 PM »
I guess to just simplify matters I will copy/paste the post I have been actually referring to.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jdawg, I clearly told you I do not have a relationship with Jesus.  So why turn around and say that I do? 
Apologies - I misread/misunderstood what you had wrote.  I read it as you saying that I don't understand the relationship you have with Jesus, and that you don't necessarily understand your relationship with him either (it's a viewpoint I've seen a number of times - claims of a personal relationship with Jesus but of a kind that cannot be articulated in any sort of way).
1st question-We all have life experiences but not the same ones.  Mine has been very different from yours and so on and so on. I know you must be aware of this.
I'm not sure this addresses the meat of my question - yes, we do have very different experiences.  The question is why there are so many disparate, mutually exclusive viewpoints and understandings on a subject like 'the existence of an person called Jesus' and the nature of that entity therein (i.e. divinity, salvation, simple preacher, etc.).  That's why I'm saying that simply saying "my life experiences have informed upon me that Jesus of Nazareth existed and had the following qualities" is insufficient to understand how it is you came to believe that Jesus did indeed exist.
When you read the bible without belief in it's divinity/holiness it is a different read.
Yup.
Why would you say that intelligence stems from sentience?  I would think it the other way around.  Sentience stems from intelligence. 
I suspect that neither of us will get very far if we start trying to define intelligence in a specific way, so I'll go ahead and just concede this.  With the assumption that sentience stems from intelligence, what leads you to leap that the intelligence that you feel is apparent in the creation of reality has sentient characteristics (i.e. loving, willfulness, etc.)?
2nd question-I believe Jesus was close to God.  The authors of his story are human and their interpretation may be exaggerated.  For instance, the virgin birth, walking on water, healing, rising from the dead and turning water into wine.  See I am familiar with human nature and I don't know, when I read the bible with this in mind it stands out to me. 

Jesus is so much greater as a man than a demi-god. 
So when you say "Jesus was close to god", I take it to mean that Jesus was more 'in tuned' to god, or has a better understanding of god's ways more than others?  Or something like that at least...if you could give more clarity here I think it would help...

I'm going to try a re-summary of how I understand your views and beliefs again.  Same caveats apply from last time:

You take the bible to be an old book that has some historical descriptions that are accurate (perhaps not precise), though it is neither a text of the quality of a history book (contains fantastical stories and untrue elements and events) nor a divinely written or inspired work.  You believe that man named 'Jesus' is, in some way, referenced in this book, though for the most part is a caricature of the actual 'Jesus'.  The information that you have on Jesus' character (be it concrete information or some 'intuitive' sense of knowing) is not informed by the bible, but rather informed through your life experiences as a whole.

The man Jesus is an ideal to aspire towards.  Actions and words attributed to him in the bible may or may not be accurate, but again, the truth of his existence and aspects of his general character are things that you've learned of through life experiences as a whole.

The 'god' entity described in the bible is not related to the actual 'god' entity, or if so, it is a tangential relation at best (both biblegod and the 'god' you refer to as creators of the world for example).

The world (is it fair to simply say 'reality' instead of 'the world'?) appears to be designed by some intelligent means.  This is enough to suggest to you that the best, most parsimonious explanation is that some intelligent sentience created, through undiscovered or undiscoverable means, instantiated the world and continues to act in it but inside the will of other sentient entities.  This 'interaction' manifests itself as emotional and/or intuitive senses but not in some manner like direct interaction with the physical 'essence' (matter, energy, space, time, etc.).

Questions:
I'm still unclear as to how you've derived some aspects of Jesus' character or teachings.  If none of it is informed from the bible (and maybe some of it is), where do you get your ideas that Jesus is an exemplary example of a human to strive to be like?  Where do you get your idea that Jesus is, in some way, close to god?

Could you explain how you get from 'reality looks to be designed by an intelligence' to 'the intelligence responsible for designing reality has sentience'?  The gap there is a bit wide for me right now.  Does sentience necessarily stem from intelligence?

:blank:
Are you really going to make me read this again?  To me it's much like the others.  I try to keep things short and sweet.  As simple as I can.  This looks like a manifesto of some kind.  I have already responded to this once.  It is cruel and unusual punishment to make me go through this again. Please???

:o You're wearing me out!!!  I won't be surprised if I get moderated for re-posting it.

Thanks OAA you rock n roll!!!

I'm well aware. ;)

I know. lol :laugh:
Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man.
Thomas Paine

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/thomas_paine.html#XXwlhVIMq06zWg2d.99

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #233 on: July 26, 2013, 04:19:29 PM »
...North Carolina girl...

I assume you mean birth, not now? If now, I'm going to be in North Carolina this fall. It'd be cool to put face to a name. :)

I only have one tattoo, but I love native american artwork! As for hippies, I consider it a compliment. Although I'm not quite a hippy (not personally into promiscuity, drugs, and nudity), I identify with the peace and love part of it. And I grew up in the 60s and 70s, so I remember bell bottoms and Woodstock and psychedelic music.  ;D
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #234 on: July 26, 2013, 04:21:23 PM »
JDawg,

Will you please just come up with something new already.  A summary of my summary would be great.  Let's move forward.  If you want to know about Jesus ask the christians.  I am not your girl. 
Thomas Paine

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/thomas_paine.html#XXwlhVIMq06zWg2d.99

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #235 on: July 26, 2013, 04:31:26 PM »
...North Carolina girl...

I assume you mean birth, not now? If now, I'm going to be in North Carolina this fall. It'd be cool to put face to a name. :)

I only have one tattoo, but I love native american artwork! As for hippies, I consider it a compliment. Although I'm not quite a hippy (not personally into promiscuity, drugs, and nudity), I identify with the peace and love part of it. And I grew up in the 60s and 70s, so I remember bell bottoms and Woodstock and psychedelic music.  ;D

Yea there's a little hippie in me too, damn that was funny, lol.  I am guilty of a little promiscuity but not anymore.  Never been topless in public never will.  I love my bell bottoms and I get into to all kinds of music.  So I am not offended by the remark at all. I thought it was funny but I am not a hippie. 

It's a hell of a lot closer than christian though.  ;)
Thomas Paine

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #236 on: July 26, 2013, 06:50:28 PM »

So have fun conning everyone else here with your sappy stories, I shall not partake. It should be noted: in conversation (unless you respond to a topic of mine and I have no choice in the matter) but since smiting isn't conversing with you; that's free game.

-Nam

Buh bye.  :P

What? It's to her only.

I don't get the humor of your post.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Online LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +127/-6
  • I'm Your Nurse, Not Your Waitress...
« Reply #237 on: July 26, 2013, 08:10:59 PM »

So have fun conning everyone else here with your sappy stories, I shall not partake. It should be noted: in conversation (unless you respond to a topic of mine and I have no choice in the matter) but since smiting isn't conversing with you; that's free game.

-Nam

Buh bye.  :P

What? It's to her only.

I don't get the humor of your post.

-Nam

Buh Bye to you in this thread.
Duh, Helen Hunt as the flight attendant.
I like you, Nam but I like you better when you're not in this thread.
It doesn't make sense to let go of something you've had for so long.  But it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's actually nothing there.

Online screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +677/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #238 on: July 26, 2013, 11:39:11 PM »
I am sure there are politicians from your region too.  What's your point?  I am not her.

I was making fun of Lindsey Graham.  He's the "prettiest debutante at the Daughters of the Confederacy Ball".[1]

http://www.lgraham.senate.gov/public/

1. http://rudepundit.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-mentally-ill-appear-at-gun-hearing.html
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #239 on: July 27, 2013, 06:51:23 AM »
^^O^^ hehe haha :?

Thomas Paine

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #240 on: July 27, 2013, 08:20:47 AM »
Nam,

I don't think the karma system is designed to correct grammar.  If I smited someone every time I saw a grammatical error there would be a lot of smiting going on.

It's abusing the system.  You just can't leave me alone can you?  Who names a boy Lindsey anyway?  I don't keep up with SC politics I live in North Carolina. 

You are a cruel man.  So now you have to reply and what you said before is moot.  So let's hear why an innocent mistake deserves a smite.  I have seen several grammatical errors just this morning, seems you have some smiting to go do.
Thomas Paine

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #241 on: July 27, 2013, 12:15:13 PM »
^^ I just want to add that sneaking around smiting someone you are no longer engaging is in my opinion the act of a coward.  Just like not apologizing for your terribly insulting posts.

And why won't any christians engage me here.  I thoroughly enjoy my conversations with atheists but I really want to engage some christians.  They will jump in to a debate with y'all but seem to avoid me like the plague. :? 
Thomas Paine

Offline greenmoon

• Novice
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #242 on: August 29, 2013, 06:54:25 AM »
I deal with engineering contracts at work,
I am starting to believe that the bible is similar, I think it's written by farmers and merchants, etc
And rich people to cater there needs, ie animal and livestock , etc, and laws
Mention of God has crept in to scare people at the time

Offline median

• Reader
  • Darwins +201/-16
  • Yahweh: Obviously not obvious.
    • Talk Origins
« Reply #243 on: September 19, 2013, 10:28:40 AM »
I deal with engineering contracts at work,
I am starting to believe that the bible is similar, I think it's written by farmers and merchants, etc
And rich people to cater there needs, ie animal and livestock , etc, and laws
Mention of God has crept in to scare people at the time

Yep, this was the case with many religions. Men made up bullshit to suit their own purposes, correctly anticipating that people are gullible (and often them being gullible themselves).
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Carl Sagan

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-12
  • Why is it so difficult to say you don't know?
    • Foxy Freedom on Doctor Who
« Reply #244 on: October 01, 2013, 09:34:28 AM »
Your concept of god seems to be an intelligent designer. Are you saying your god planned all the living creatures from the start? If not are you saying your god just patched up his mistakes as he went along?
Neither Foxy Freedom nor any associates can be reached via WWGHA. Their official antitheist website is http://the6antitheist6guide6.blogspot.co.uk

The 2nd edition of the free ebook Devil or Delusion ? The danger of Christianity to Democracy Freedom and Science.       http://t.co/2d1KcJ9V

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #245 on: October 02, 2013, 05:03:16 AM »
Your concept of god seems to be an intelligent designer. Are you saying your god planned all the living creatures from the start? If not are you saying your god just patched up his mistakes as he went along?

Yes I think the Intelligent Designer planned every living creature from the start. 
Thomas Paine

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +534/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #246 on: October 02, 2013, 07:15:08 AM »
You mean like yellow-jackets, polio viruses, HIV, venomous spiders, neurotoxins, etc. And you believe that he threw in a few genetic disorders like Downs Syndrome, hemophilia and phenylketonuria (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_genetic_disorders) just to show how powerful He is?

And why did he design us so that we are susceptible to cancer, whereas some other creatures aren't?

Fabulous - a really intelligent designer... pity He's an a**hole, eh?
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-12
« Reply #247 on: October 02, 2013, 09:59:08 AM »
That would make him a very incompetent designer because nearly everything he designed has gone extinct. But for the sake of argument let's say he did it all just for humans. He must have spent much loving care designing the human appendix so that it would have no purpose except to burst and kill you at just the right time.

Do you believe that you were designed individually or that your that your body is the way it is because your parents just met and had sex?

Also, what about babies who are born deformed? Were they each individually designed by an intelligent designer?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 10:26:53 AM by Foxy Freedom »
Neither Foxy Freedom nor any associates can be reached via WWGHA. Their official antitheist website is http://the6antitheist6guide6.blogspot.co.uk

The 2nd edition of the free ebook Devil or Delusion ? The danger of Christianity to Democracy Freedom and Science.       http://t.co/2d1KcJ9V

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #248 on: October 02, 2013, 11:57:03 AM »
That would make him a very incompetent designer because nearly everything he designed has gone extinct. But for the sake of argument let's say he did it all just for humans. He must have spent much loving care designing the human appendix so that it would have no purpose except to burst and kill you at just the right time.

Do you believe that you were designed individually or that your that your body is the way it is because your parents just met and had sex?

Also, what about babies who are born deformed? Were they each individually designed by an intelligent designer?

I knew you were setting me up with that question.  I have defended and defended these remarks.  There is a purpose for everything.  Hell how do we know the Government isn't behind some diseases.  They do have germmie weapons, they call it chemical warfare.  It has long been suspected govvey was behind HIV.  Mankind is responsible for most extinctions!!!  I'm glad dinosaurs are gone have you seen Jurassic Park? ;)  I would relish a knew point of view FF but this is the same stuff I've been hearing for months and months.  I wish there was a way to easily access those posts so I could just repost them.

Graybeard your remark has no impact on my belief.

I see it as nothing more than people having no appreciation for the good things in life.  Focusing on the negative is not healthy. 

OK I'll repeat myself just for you FF.  I don't believe our creator cares as much about us having healthy bodies as much as healthy souls.  Our flesh is temporary our souls are not, IMO.   I just read 'Chicken Soup for the Soul", Breast Cancer yesterday and I love what it said at the end.  The chapter is called "Close the Door When You Leave".  It puts cancer in it's place and after every paragraph it says you may not tread on my spirit, you may not occupy my soul.    That space is off limits to anyone but God in my life.  It is how I'm staying positive through a very difficult time. 

I'm here because my mom and dad had sex.  Thanks for the visual, not. 

No I look at Intelligent Design like this.  When you bake a cake you know what ingredients you need to make it happen.  I see our creation in a similar way.  I think most of mankind's suffering is self inflicted.

I've always believed God only gives special children to special people.  W/O suffering we would not know empathy or compassion which I believe are vital attributes for humanity.  I saw a documentary on this woman who didn't have legs; born that way.  She got around on a skateboard.  She didn't sit around feeling sorry for herself.  She learned how to do things.  She got married and had kids.  She got her vehicle customized to her comfort.  She did not let it tread her spirit; she did not let it occupy her soul!
Thomas Paine

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-12
« Reply #249 on: October 02, 2013, 01:08:10 PM »

I don't believe our creator cares as much about us having healthy bodies as much as healthy souls.  Our flesh is temporary our souls are not, IMO.

I've always believed God only gives special children to special people.  W/O suffering we would not know empathy or compassion which I believe are vital attributes for humanity.

If you think your god does not care about bodies, why do you involve him in evolution? I read on one of your posts that your god was a personal one from experience. Evolution is not part of your personal experience. Why not just say he is a god of consciousness?

By involving your god in evolution you have made him into a monster. One the most evil things that religious people say is that suffering is good so we can all feel sorry and it is still worse to say that disabled people are there to make you feel good. I am disappointed to read that, just as I was when I read that a bishop recently wrote that the holocaust was good for the Jews because they could feel how worthy they were.

This is my opinion SUFFERING IS ALWAYS BAD and we don't need it at all.

Anyway, you agree that you are the way you are because your parents met, and your parents are the way they are because their parents met and so on?

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #250 on: October 03, 2013, 05:21:54 AM »

I don't believe our creator cares as much about us having healthy bodies as much as healthy souls.  Our flesh is temporary our souls are not, IMO.

I've always believed God only gives special children to special people.  W/O suffering we would not know empathy or compassion which I believe are vital attributes for humanity.

If you think your god does not care about bodies, why do you involve him in evolution? I read on one of your posts that your god was a personal one from experience. Evolution is not part of your personal experience. Why not just say he is a god of consciousness?

I beg to differ I have evolved from where I came from.  I seriously hope I have altered my gene pool for the better!

By involving your god in evolution you have made him into a monster. One the most evil things that religious people say is that suffering is good so we can all feel sorry and it is still worse to say that disabled people are there to make you feel good. I am disappointed to read that, just as I was when I read that a bishop recently wrote that the holocaust was good for the Jews because they could feel how worthy they were.

Interesting POV Foxy F.  A Monster? :? I think you should prove that statement.  I didn't say suffering was good.  I said we learn from it.  That remark about Jews is a terrible thing to say. 

This is my opinion SUFFERING IS ALWAYS BAD and we don't need it at all.

Death is necessary.  The sooner you accept that the sooner you have peace of mind.  A natural death that is.  I wish everybody died from old age w/o any pain.  I believe mankind can accomplish this when we learn to work as a team!!! ;)

Anyway, you agree that you are the way you are because your parents met, and your parents are the way they are because their parents met and so on?

It feels good to agree. :laugh:

Thomas Paine

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-12
« Reply #251 on: October 03, 2013, 08:12:42 AM »
I will deal with these points one post at a time.

The only personal experience you have is being human. The reason you have taken on the idea of intelligent design is because you have heard it from other people. Christians in Europe don't need to burden their god with an unnecessary appendage. They know what it does to their god.

Since you do agree that each generation is the way it is because their parents met and had the offspring they deserved, you might be surprised that this is a definition of evolution. There is no more to it than this statement. Everything we see in nature is a consequence of just this.

Your statement that god has designed everything totally contradicts your statement that each generation can choose for itself. If god did design everything then every individual would be forced to choose its mate, every individual would have to be formed the way it is, and every disabled person could blame god. To form the gene pool, every single individual must be designed.

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +894/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #252 on: October 03, 2013, 05:27:21 PM »
I've always believed God only gives special children to special people.  W/O suffering we would not know empathy or compassion which I believe are vital attributes for humanity.--JB

I would like to comment on this, because it is based on a lot of unfounded assumptions and dare I say it, ignorance.

I assume by "special children" JB means children with birth defects, disabilities, rare illnesses, behavioral disorders, and so forth. "Special people" are, presumably, those who rise to the challenge of caring well for children with these difficult conditions. The implication of the second sentence is that god makes some children disabled on purpose so that the people who come into contact with them feel sorry for them and their suffering.

Now, some facts:
1) Most "special children" in human history have died horrible, painful deaths at birth or as small babies, because there was no way to care for them.  Before the 20th century, there were very few severely disabled kids around, because they never survived infancy. Thanks, god.

2) Caring for a child with severe problems takes a terrible emotional and financial toll on a family, usually leading to neglect of other children in the family. Often, having a child who will need constant care for their entire life is just too much of a strain. Divorce and family disintegration are not uncommon. Thanks again, god.

3) In poor countries, when families can't care for them, these children are abandoned to orphanages or even neglected to the point of early death. Too bad the compassion and empathy have to take a back seat to feeding the other kids you have. So nice of god to do that to these children.

4) The orphanages are overcrowded and underfunded, so the children are again severely neglected.  I volunteered at one such place and the staff was stretched so thin that they were just able to feed and clean the children. They did not even have time to hold the babies or play with the children, so that is what I did. A friend volunteered at a center for abandoned kids in Romania and saw such horrors that she never got over it. Gee, god. Maybe you should think before making any more of these kids?

5) After being in such conditions, if the kids are ever adopted, they have serious attachment disorders and emotional disturbances-- some attack and stab other family members, etc. One special family put their messed up little special angel on a plane back to Russia. Alone. How special.

6) In many countries, people "rent" these kids from their desperate parents and make them beg, then take all that they earn. The adults in these kids' lives, far from learning compassion and empathy, decline to give the kids medical treatment so they look more pitiful and earn extra from begging.

7) Even when there is enough money, not every person who deals with these kids is "special". Some are abusive and crazy.We have just had a trial in our area of a sweet Christian family who beat and starved the disabled children they adopted from Africa. One girl died from the treatment. The sweet Christian dad says he had nothing to do with it, throwing the sweet Christian mom under the bus. Sweet.

It does a disservice to the social service agencies, teachers, emergency workers, police and other people who have to deal with these situations to gloss it over with craptastic Pollyanna statements like "God only gives special children to special people". Not in the real world, JB.
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #253 on: October 05, 2013, 07:34:11 AM »
God don't make children.  Humans have sex and babies are made.  Some adults are extremely irresponsible with this huge responsibility.  Every human being on this planet knows the risks but yet we hump like rabbits.  Women that are malnourished or drug addicted awn't not be having babies.   Regardless having a baby is a choice. 

That specific statement, I've always believed God only gives special children to special people, is meant for those outstanding people that love their "special children" unconditionally.  Here in the Appalachians mothers and especially fathers still show preference to sons.  Girls are still raised to be house keepers, and not good ones at that.  The hillbillies have "evolved" some but there is a long way to go. :o

For your claim of ignorance to be fact I believe you need to show how humanity has acquired empathy and compassion w/o suffering.  Thanks.

My perfect example of argument from ignorance is this one;  God doesn't exist but God's to blame for all our suffering. :? 

Thomas Paine

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +534/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #254 on: October 05, 2013, 07:46:04 AM »
Hell how do we know the Government isn't behind some diseases.

Because we do not suffer from paranoid delusions, nor do we go in for cretinous conspiracy theories, nor do we invent silly stories devoid of evidence just because we do not know the answer.

Have you any more questions?
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #255 on: October 05, 2013, 08:29:03 AM »
I will deal with these points one post at a time.

The only personal experience you have is being human. The reason you have taken on the idea of intelligent design is because you have heard it from other people. Christians in Europe don't need to burden their god with an unnecessary appendage. They know what it does to their god.

Since you do agree that each generation is the way it is because their parents met and had the offspring they deserved, you might be surprised that this is a definition of evolution. There is no more to it than this statement. Everything we see in nature is a consequence of just this.

Your statement that god has designed everything totally contradicts your statement that each generation can choose for itself. If god did design everything then every individual would be forced to choose its mate, every individual would have to be formed the way it is, and every disabled person could blame god. To form the gene pool, every single individual must be designed.

You do not know me well enough to draw such conclusions.  This whole reply is weak and full of holes.  You really should have put more thought into it  FF.

I am 41 years old I have watched mankind evolve in several ways most of all technologically.  To say I have no personal experience is falsifiable.  Now I'm not a professional debater I just speak my mind here but if your goal is to become a brilliant debater you're a long way off.

I believe the question we are debating is where did that first offspring come from.  There had to be a man and a woman.  They had to figure out what those body parts were there for.  I bet the woman instinctively knew something was growing inside and that it was a baby.  I bet she even realized it was there because she connected with the man.  It took intelligence and love to have and nurture that first child.  Before there were schools there was intelligence.  There is a reason for male and female.  Do you think they evolved together or did they meet by chance?  A couple of rebel apes that thought losing the fur was a good idea.  But now you have to kill to get fur from animals to stay warm. :?

Please if you're going to quote me either link me to the quote or post it here.  I don't recall saying God has designed everything.  My theory is that God created our planet and us to do with as we chose; a gift.  The choices our ancestors made effect us now as our decisions will effect our offspring's offspring and so on and so on... You describe created robots w/o any choices and that is completely the opposite of how I understand God.

Hell how do we know the Government isn't behind some diseases.

Because we do not suffer from paranoid delusions, nor do we go in for cretinous conspiracy theories, nor do we invent silly stories devoid of evidence just because we do not know the answer.

Have you any more questions?

Devoid of evidence GB?  Don't you watch the news.  It is a well known fact the American government has experimented with germ warfare.  What was on that envelope sent to the President just a few months ago? S1N1 virus?  This stuff is public knowledge.  No paranoia necessary. ;)
Thomas Paine

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-12
« Reply #256 on: October 05, 2013, 08:38:27 AM »
1) God don't make children.  Humans have sex and babies are made.  Some adults are extremely irresponsible with this huge responsibility.  Every human being on this planet knows the risks but yet we hump like rabbits.  Women that are malnourished or drug addicted awn't not be having babies.   Regardless having a baby is a choice. 

2) For your claim of ignorance to be fact I believe you need to show how humanity has acquired empathy and compassion w/o suffering.  Thanks.

3) My perfect example of argument from ignorance is this one;  God doesn't exist but God's to blame for all our suffering. :? 

1) intelligent design means that god designs every single creature that has ever lived. You cannot design a species without designing every single individual in the gene pool. Every creature that has ever lived or died had to live or die exactly as it did. Every baby had to be born exactly as it was. Every baby that died had to die exactly as it did. Every victim in the concentration camps had to die exactly as they did. It means that no one ever had freewill or free choice. This is what intelligent design means and that is why European Christians won't touch it.

Either you believe from your own experience that babies are a free choice or you believe the words of charlatans that it was done by intelligent design. Both cannot be true. Which is it?

2) I am sure there was suffering. It was the result of evolution not god.

3) We are talking about your concept of god, the monster of intelligent design. Your comments show that you have not thought through the full implications of intelligent design.

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +222/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburger™
« Reply #257 on: October 05, 2013, 08:54:51 AM »
I knew you were setting me up with that question.  I have defended and defended these remarks.  There is a purpose for everything.  Hell how do we know the Government isn't behind some diseases.  They do have germmie weapons, they call it chemical warfare.  It has long been suspected govvey was behind HIV.

Yes, but you will notice that the people who suspect it, are all uneducated fart-brained arrogant drug-filled idiots. My neighbour believes that, and he is a compulsive liar, delusional semi-autistic dope addict, who non-selectively believes anything like that, because it suits his viewpoint. I once watched him agonize over a perpetual energy cell, which was supposed to power his car. I explained to him how he was being conned at every point, but he ignored everything I said, due to his overbearing arrogance. Everyone on the yahoo group, who was discussing the matter, had zero education in science, and were impervious to thought. They were of the level of stupid that does not realise they are stupid.

Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-12
« Reply #258 on: October 05, 2013, 08:58:19 AM »

1) You do not know me well enough to draw such conclusions.  This whole reply is weak and full of holes.  You really should have put more thought into it  FF.

2) I am 41 years old I have watched mankind evolve in several ways most of all technologically.  To say I have no personal experience is falsifiable.  Now I'm not a professional debater I just speak my mind here but if your goal is to become a brilliant debater you're a long way off.

1) I am totally convinced that you are only human and have never been anything else. Does that sound like I don't know you well enough?

2) So you think you have seen "mankind evolve in several ways" in 41 years? We will let the reader decide whose "reply is weak and full of holes."

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +275/-31
« Reply #259 on: October 05, 2013, 09:02:16 AM »
I am curious as to whether Junebug can point out the specific changes to the human gene pool that she's seen occur in the past 41 years.

Junebug, "evolution" in this discussion refers to the change to a species' genome over successive generations, not to new technological inventions.  Those are not evolution.  They are changes to what we can do, not to what we are.
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-12
« Reply #260 on: October 05, 2013, 09:45:15 AM »
I don't recall saying God has designed everything.  My theory is that God created our planet and us to do with as we chose; a gift.

In your first post to me above you said god planned EVERY living creature from the start and you later said that this was based on personal experience of evolution. To quote your words "I have evolved from where I came from."

Here you have moved on to admitting that it is not personal experience but a THEORY that god created the planet. I hope that you are making progress and not just contradicting yourself.

Being able to change your mind is a good thing. Everyone here will applaud you for it. They won't think less of you for changing your mind. I sometimes change my mind about important things.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 10:22:29 AM by Foxy Freedom »