Author Topic: Isn't abortion the kindest thing one can do for another being?  (Read 12319 times)

Offline DrTesla

• Graduate
  • Darwins +7/-102
  • WWGHA Member
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Isn't abortion the kindest thing one can do for another being?
« Reply #406 on: November 06, 2013, 07:16:31 PM »
It is never too late to repent of your present support of the abomination that is abortion.   The human brain is capable of rationalizing the most horrific things at times, that does not mean you are a bad person in general.    You can still change your mind.    The seeds of Doubt are spreading thru your brain, do not fight it any longer.
"You want to know who just loves abortions? God loves abortions. He performs them all the time and not even for the money. "  NoGodsForMe

"I wish it was men who got pregnant b/c we would squirt out these babies and go about our business.  We don't have be divas on this stuff."  DrTesla

Offline DrPancake

• Freshman
  • Darwins +6/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #407 on: November 06, 2013, 07:16:45 PM »
In regards to the OP, that was the same conclusion I came to. If babies who die get an instant pass to heaven, then life on Earth is little more than an opportunity to get damned. Utterly depressing (and insane.)

Offline DrTesla

• Graduate
  • Darwins +7/-102
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #408 on: November 06, 2013, 07:19:30 PM »
In regards to the OP, that was the same conclusion I came to. If babies who die get an instant pass to heaven, then life on Earth is little more than an opportunity to get damned. Utterly depressing (and insane.)

what if being damned is you are given another life that is crushed via the abortionist in the womb.  given you had no problem with because it was not you being crushed in your previous life.  lol

arrogance is the trademark of the fool and/or evil man.
"You want to know who just loves abortions? God loves abortions. He performs them all the time and not even for the money. "  NoGodsForMe

"I wish it was men who got pregnant b/c we would squirt out these babies and go about our business.  We don't have be divas on this stuff."  DrTesla

Offline DrTesla

• Graduate
  • Darwins +7/-102
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #409 on: November 06, 2013, 07:25:27 PM »
People on this website claim to be logical beings.

Yet consider:  They first argue Christians and other religious people are fools and the Bible etc is a load of crap.   
                     But, illogically,  they go on to tout the very concept of God presented by the people they just said were fools.   
                     It seems you have given these religious people a monopoly on what God must be if God does exsit even though you insist no God does. 
                     But God is what he is regardless of your perceptions of what he should be.
                     Given not one of us have had contact with God we cannot define what he is and what he isn't and what we should and should not do in relation to his existence.   

« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 07:29:59 PM by DrTesla »

Offline DrPancake

• Freshman
  • Darwins +6/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #410 on: November 06, 2013, 07:30:56 PM »

what if being damned is you are given another life that is crushed via the abortionist in the womb.  given you had no problem with because it was not you being crushed in your previous life.  lol

I'm not getting what you're trying to say here. People who are okay with abortion are punished by being reincarnated as a fetus that gets aborted? ....I think?

Also Matthew 5:22.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +783/-4
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #411 on: November 06, 2013, 07:43:12 PM »
I would say a 25% failure rate is pretty high for anything that is supposedly intelligently designed. That is about how many fertilized human eggs are lost to miscarriage. Many of those pregnancies would have been babies that the woman wanted, and that is a tragedy.[1]

It is true that some miscarriage is due to "nature" ie defects in the embryo that can be identified after the fact by examination. First trimester miscarriage is usually due to abnormal chromosomes.

But later miscarriages are due to combinations of factors: illness like food poisoning, diabetes, lupus or malaria; physical abuse and stress; malnutrition, over or underweight; environmental pollution; exposure to radiation or chemicals in the workplace, smoking, drug and alcohol use, too much caffeine, prescription meds, and age-- a 45 year old pregnant woman has a 50% chance of miscarriage.  :(

(I was tempted to add "lol" somewhere in this post in honor of Dr T's return......)
 1. In business and industry, a product that fails at 25% is, well, considered a failure, not the industry standard. Nobody would be happy with a new car or cell phone that only worked 75% of the time. 
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline DrTesla

• Graduate
  • Darwins +7/-102
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #412 on: November 06, 2013, 09:14:01 PM »
I would say a 25% failure rate is pretty high for anything that is supposedly intelligently designed. That is about how many fertilized human eggs are lost to miscarriage. Many of those pregnancies would have been babies that the woman wanted, and that is a tragedy.[1]

It is true that some miscarriage is due to "nature" ie defects in the embryo that can be identified after the fact by examination. First trimester miscarriage is usually due to abnormal chromosomes.

But later miscarriages are due to combinations of factors: illness like food poisoning, diabetes, lupus or malaria; physical abuse and stress; malnutrition, over or underweight; environmental pollution; exposure to radiation or chemicals in the workplace, smoking, drug and alcohol use, too much caffeine, prescription meds, and age-- a 45 year old pregnant woman has a 50% chance of miscarriage.  :(

(I was tempted to add "lol" somewhere in this post in honor of Dr T's return......)
 1. In business and industry, a product that fails at 25% is, well, considered a failure, not the industry standard. Nobody would be happy with a new car or cell phone that only worked 75% of the time. 

your 25 percent failure rate is clearly not legit.   

but you could say there is 100 percent failure rate as we all die. 

you are just trying to rationalize murder of babies by telling yourself God is an abortionist even though ostensibly you don't think God exists so it is odd you would use God as a justification.   

regardless IF God is aborting babies as you claim that doesn't make abortion ok.   two wrongs don't make a right even if God is one of those doing wrong.   lol

abortion has nothing to do with religion...you construct a false premise that it does so therefore it is ok because you don't subscribe to that religion.   Abortion is simply a matter of ethics,  is it life and if it is,  should we terminate that life.    Decent people fall on one side of that question.   Barbarians and sadists on the other.   

Offline DrTesla

• Graduate
  • Darwins +7/-102
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #413 on: November 06, 2013, 09:15:15 PM »

I'm not getting what you're trying to say here. People who are okay with abortion are punished by being reincarnated as a fetus that gets aborted? ....I think?

Also Matthew 5:22.

that is just a theory I fancy.

Some of you militant atheits know the Bible better than most Christians.   lol  got the Bible on the brain 24-7?

Offline DrPancake

• Freshman
  • Darwins +6/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #414 on: November 06, 2013, 09:18:32 PM »
Some of you militant atheits know the Bible better than most Christians.   lol  got the Bible on the brain 24-7?

Funny you mention that. I actually don't know that many verses, but this one in particular I remember because many Christians are fond of calling those who disagree with them fools.

You can call me an idiot all you like though, I won't condemn you.

Offline DrTesla

• Graduate
  • Darwins +7/-102
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #415 on: November 06, 2013, 09:21:26 PM »

Funny you mention that. I actually don't know that many verses, but this one in particular I remember because many Christians are fond of calling those who disagree with them fools.

You can call me an idiot all you like though, I won't condemn you.

i don't get the impresssio you know any Christians, closet you get to them is Bill Maher's (mis)characterization or extrapolation of them on his dumb HBO show. 

I don't think Christians are out to get you. 

Offline DrTesla

• Graduate
  • Darwins +7/-102
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #416 on: November 06, 2013, 09:23:04 PM »
There was this skit on this comedy show that use to be on Fox News  where they were poking fun at these militant atheists and they had a bunch of atheist book titles and one of them was God Sucks.   Another was F---- You God.   

lol

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +783/-4
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #417 on: November 06, 2013, 09:34:38 PM »

your 25 percent failure rate is clearly not legit.   

but you could say there is 100 percent failure rate as we all die. 

you are just trying to rationalize murder of babies by telling yourself God is an abortionist even though ostensibly you don't think God exists so it is odd you would use God as a justification.   

regardless IF God is aborting babies as you claim that doesn't make abortion ok.   two wrongs don't make a right even if God is one of those doing wrong.   lol

abortion has nothing to do with religion...you construct a false premise that it does so therefore it is ok because you don't subscribe to that religion.   Abortion is simply a matter of ethics,  is it life and if it is,  should we terminate that life.    Decent people fall on one side of that question.   Barbarians and sadists on the other.   

What is not "legit" about the 25% rate of miscarriages? That is the statistic. look it up. You count the number of pregnancies that end by themselves, in what is called "spontaneous abortion" (as opposed to medically induced abortion). It varies from 10 to 50%. On average, 25% of fertilized eggs do not make it to term.
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +267/-31
« Reply #418 on: November 06, 2013, 09:43:21 PM »
When fact crashes against ideology, ideology stands firm...
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline DrTesla

• Graduate
  • Darwins +7/-102
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #419 on: November 06, 2013, 09:47:47 PM »
http://miscarriage.about.com/od/riskfactors/a/miscarriage-statistics.htm

Most doctors agree that seeing a fetal heartbeat on ultrasound means the risk of miscarriage is much lower. Confirmation of a fetal heartbeat means that the baby has passed the initial stages of development wherein the majority of first trimester miscarriages occur.

It's hard to pick a specific number for the risk of miscarriage at this point. Some cite numbers like a 4-5% risk of miscarriage at this point, but studies show a widely varying risk based on individual factors. The one thing that's safe to say, however, is that seeing the baby's heartbeat is a good sign. It means the baby is growing as it should be, and there's little reason to be concerned at this point.

Unfortunately, there is one exception to this rule. A slow fetal heart rate (less than 100 beats per minute) may signal an impending miscarriage, though this isn't true in 100% of cases.

The majority of miscarriages occur in the first trimester.

Over 80% of miscarriages occur before 12 weeks, so the chances look good for a healthy baby once you've finished the first trimester. Again, many individual factors are in play, but if 15-20% of pregnancies end in miscarriage and 80% of miscarriages occur in the first trimester, a safe estimate would be that in the general population the risk of pregnancy loss after 12 weeks is 3-4%. After 20 weeks, when a loss would be termed a stillbirth rather than a miscarriage, the risk is around 1 in 160.

Offline DrTesla

• Graduate
  • Darwins +7/-102
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #420 on: November 06, 2013, 09:52:19 PM »

your ideology is abortion.  abortion zealot.  You do not care if it is life, you will support no matter what and use various dumb rationalizations including the God that you claim doesn't exist somehow aborts babies from the heavens.   

One could also argue that since God giveth God can taketh away.   You, on the other hand, cannot decide who lives and who dies in a moral sense. 

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +689/-3
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #421 on: November 06, 2013, 10:23:36 PM »
isn't it ironic. The people the most against abortion are also the ones who want to do the least to make life on planet earth more pleasant.

Health insurance for all? Who you frickin' kidding. How many abortions wouldn't happen if every woman who got pregnant knew that her insurance would cover most of the cost?

Social services to help the poor. Food stamps and such? That's commie stuff. Yea, sure, maybe pregnant women wouldn't have to worry so much about how to feed their unborn child once delivered if she knew that she had a secure source of food.

Higher taxes? Hey, there's no such thing as a free lunch if you don't count per diem and other tax breaks that the right wing consider a god-given right. And there is no such thing as a free lunch, except for the part that it shouldn't cost a frickin' penny to run this country, so there shouldn't be any taxes at all, because they all love America, they just don't think anyone should have to pay for it. Especially tax money that might help someone who was put out of work because their job was shipped overseas by yet another American patriot who puts money before anything and everything.

And there are people who think a raped nine year old should have to carry her child to term, because otherwise the poor little unborn kid will never experience the joy of giving birth at age eight when she gets raped later on down the line. That would be immoral.

No, if those of you who are so vehemently anti-abortion would take the time to figure out why various women choose that option, and then if you would set about to help create a society in which people seldom even considered terminating a pregnancy because things were going so well for all of us, then the problem would go away on its own. But instead you guys want to legislate something that can't be legislated. there were abortions before Roe v. Wade. Just real icky ones that oft-times killed the woman too. Which is what you want, isn't it. Control over life and death.  And the kid has to get born before whichever power trip you are on can kill him.

It ain't immoral if they die after they are born. That's their responsibility. All you care about is getting them out the chute. That gives you a moral high horse to ride.

Giddy up, pardner. Ride on west into the sunset, where you can ignore the actual issues all day long and concentrate on condemning the byproduct of so many social failures. Screw the problems. All you want to concern yourself is the easy stuff. Crap, a guy shouldn't have to think just to have a vehement opinion. right, DrT?

Not everyone is entitled to their opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +267/-31
« Reply #422 on: November 06, 2013, 10:30:35 PM »

your ideology is abortion.  abortion zealot.  You do not care if it is life, you will support no matter what and use various dumb rationalizations including the God that you claim doesn't exist somehow aborts babies from the heavens.   

One could also argue that since God giveth God can taketh away.   You, on the other hand, cannot decide who lives and who dies in a moral sense.

Word salad?
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline DrTesla

• Graduate
  • Darwins +7/-102
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #423 on: November 06, 2013, 10:53:03 PM »
isn't it ironic. The people the most against abortion are also the ones who want to do the least to make life on planet earth more pleasant.

Health insurance for all? Who you frickin' kidding. How many abortions wouldn't happen if every woman who got pregnant knew that her insurance would cover most of the cost?

Social services to help the poor. Food stamps and such? That's commie stuff. Yea, sure, maybe pregnant women wouldn't have to worry so much about how to feed their unborn child once delivered if she knew that she had a secure source of food.

Higher taxes? Hey, there's no such thing as a free lunch if you don't count per diem and other tax breaks that the right wing consider a god-given right. And there is no such thing as a free lunch, except for the part that it shouldn't cost a frickin' penny to run this country, so there shouldn't be any taxes at all, because they all love America, they just don't think anyone should have to pay for it. Especially tax money that might help someone who was put out of work because their job was shipped overseas by yet another American patriot who puts money before anything and everything.

And there are people who think a raped nine year old should have to carry her child to term, because otherwise the poor little unborn kid will never experience the joy of giving birth at age eight when she gets raped later on down the line. That would be immoral.

No, if those of you who are so vehemently anti-abortion would take the time to figure out why various women choose that option, and then if you would set about to help create a society in which people seldom even considered terminating a pregnancy because things were going so well for all of us, then the problem would go away on its own. But instead you guys want to legislate something that can't be legislated. there were abortions before Roe v. Wade. Just real icky ones that oft-times killed the woman too. Which is what you want, isn't it. Control over life and death.  And the kid has to get born before whichever power trip you are on can kill him.

It ain't immoral if they die after they are born. That's their responsibility. All you care about is getting them out the chute. That gives you a moral high horse to ride.

Giddy up, pardner. Ride on west into the sunset, where you can ignore the actual issues all day long and concentrate on condemning the byproduct of so many social failures. Screw the problems. All you want to concern yourself is the easy stuff. Crap, a guy shouldn't have to think just to have a vehement opinion. right, DrT?

You are a redneck blowhard, bro.  I can see you being a blue collar union factory worker.

ObamaCare doesn't seem to be going too well.  They can't get their stupid website to work.  Most everybody's premiums have skyrocketed and many people are losing their plans as a result of the law despite Obama's consistent promise people could keep their company plans if they liked them.   Other peeople are losing their jobs or being reduced to part time as a result of the law.   
Free healthcare isn't a right.  The main reason you work is to pay for your healthcare costs and your food and shelter.  You are basically sayig people have the right to other people's money which seems like a violation of private property rights and wealth redistribution.  You cry about the commi label  but then you advocate Karl Marx.

Poor people are already eligible for numerous government programs to help them that we have paid for with our taxes.  We are overtaxed, so if the poor are not being supported with our tax dollars that is on the politicians who are throwing it at the special interest groups like unions to secure their votes.  Obama's admin has thrown millions of dollars at solar power compnanuies who have since gone bankrupt because that isn't a profitable market.  We are subsidizing corporate failures yet you claim we haven't paid taxes to support the poor.  lol

Nothing stops you and other leftwingers from paying more taxes if you think the government deserves more money.  Pretty sure you don't do that and in fact you look for tax breaks and take them to save as much money as possible.  So you are hypocrite on the tax issue.

You are justing trying to make abortion issue about anything other than the abortion issue.  Is it life. Should we terminate life simply because it is an inconvenience for the parents?    All you are doing is trying to rationalize abortin but the solution to problems is not kill babies if they are alive.  Civilized peoples understand this concept. 

Boom.   I Am  Legend.

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +174/-6
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #424 on: November 06, 2013, 11:22:44 PM »
I gotta say guys, this thread is far more enjoyable, and actually easier to make sense of, now that I'm reading it with dude on ignore.   :)
My tolerance for BS is limited, and I use up most of it IRL.

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +267/-31
« Reply #425 on: November 06, 2013, 11:28:46 PM »
A redneck blowhard...yes DrT, yes you are.

Offline DrTesla

• Graduate
  • Darwins +7/-102
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #426 on: November 06, 2013, 11:58:51 PM »
trolling removed.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 08:41:18 AM by screwtape »

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +267/-31
« Reply #427 on: November 07, 2013, 12:09:31 AM »
So sayeth The Lord Thy God!...err, Troll.

Really, does he think anyone is taking anything he says seriously at this point?

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +237/-1
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #428 on: November 07, 2013, 12:15:49 AM »
Really, does he think anyone is taking anything he says seriously at this point?

Well, I'm certainly not taking him seriously.  At this point I'm not even sure he knows his own life story.  Spouse or no spouse?  Children or no children?  Writes like a 13-year-old who just discovered Internet abbreviations.

Dr. T., are you bitter about abortion because of personal experience (e.g., an ex-girlfriend rid herself of what was going to be your firstborn)?
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline DrTesla

• Graduate
  • Darwins +7/-102
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #429 on: November 07, 2013, 12:20:11 AM »
I'm just a man trying to do what little I can to make the case against abortion.   I expect to be demonized.  But all I do is hold up the mirror for you to see yourselves. 

If there was no doubt abortion was not killing innocents, you would not need to make convuluted tedious nonsensical arguments such as God is an abortionist, etc,  on an internet comment board.    You seek validation from others for your warped justifications of abortion. 
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 12:22:15 AM by DrTesla »

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +237/-1
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #430 on: November 07, 2013, 12:21:55 AM »
I'm just a man trying to do what little I can to make the case against abortion.   I expect to be demonized.  But all I do is hold up the mirror for you to see yourselves.

(Springy G peers into mirror)  Mm.  Look pretty good for a 56-year-old crone.  Must be the divinity gene.  ;)
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +267/-31
« Reply #431 on: November 07, 2013, 12:26:02 AM »
I expect to be demonized.

And to achieve this, you behave like enough of an ass to merit demonization.  Self-fulfilling prophesy.  "Boom LOLZ!"

Hence, troll.  Just here to get a rise out of people and pretend that it's because you're right, instead of the real reason - because you're behaving like an ass.

Offline DrTesla

• Graduate
  • Darwins +7/-102
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #432 on: November 07, 2013, 12:27:01 AM »
Comment boards like this do demonstrate that abortionists have a soul and a conscience ,  in essence there is innner "good person" in them.  Why else talk about it if it is nothing more than something benign like a trip to the dentist.   

Thus, they can be persuaded. 

People used to be passionate in their support of slavery until a gifted rhetorician in Lincoln came along and set that instiution on fire and watched it burn. 

Offline DrTesla

• Graduate
  • Darwins +7/-102
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #433 on: November 07, 2013, 12:28:04 AM »
I expect to be demonized.

And to achieve this, you behave like enough of an ass to merit demonization.  Self-fulfilling prophesy.  "Boom LOLZ!"

Hence, troll.  Just here to get a rise out of people and pretend that it's because you're right, instead of the real reason - because you're behaving like an ass.

this is a falsity.  I just try to lighten the mood because abortionists tend to be very angry and defensive.  we are all friends here.   even some good people were duped by Hitler and supported him at first.

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +267/-31
« Reply #434 on: November 07, 2013, 12:31:51 AM »
Troll pretends stupidity/innocence.  Troll is unpersuasive.