Author Topic: Isn't abortion the kindest thing one can do for another being?  (Read 19038 times)

Offline DrTesla

• Graduate
  • Darwins +7/-102
  • WWGHA Member
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Isn't abortion the kindest thing one can do for another being?
« Reply #174 on: October 30, 2013, 01:52:08 PM »
lol, well I guess we need to advertise something seemingly obvious like the option of adoption  to women who could not figure out the whole birth control thing.   lol

birth is not forced, it is natural.   abortion is forced.   your body as a woman is designed to give birth, not give an abortion. 
"You want to know who just loves abortions? God loves abortions. He performs them all the time and not even for the money. "  NoGodsForMe

"I wish it was men who got pregnant b/c we would squirt out these babies and go about our business.  We don't have be divas on this stuff."  DrTesla

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +105/-12
  • Why is it so difficult to say you don't know?
    • Foxy Freedom on Doctor Who
« Reply #175 on: October 30, 2013, 01:57:12 PM »

Well, it's a good thing that women who are willing to abort their pregnancies don't fall under that category.

Though...what if you just wanted to punish them, and attraction was secondary to that goal?

Let's say you got angry at a bad movie and wanted to punish Scarlet Johansson, so you went and raped her.

She gets pregnant from it, of course, and you hope that she has to endure the punishment you've set up for her.

What moral obligation does she have to keep your offspring in her womb, DrTroll?  It's not yet a person.  Surely you'd like it to be, so that she would be forced suffer, but what is the rationale for labelling it as such?

Troll = Pro lifer laying it down on the internet. 

her obligation is to be a decent person is a civilized society.   neanderthals kill their offspring.   

do you think the man has no say in the matter?  takes two to tango

Scarlett would have a hard time keeping her hands off me because i am eye candy obviously.

What does your wife say about this? Would she want Scarlett to have an abortion?

You avoided my question.
The Foxy Freedom antitheist website is http://the6antitheist6guide6.blogspot.co.uk

The 2nd edition of the free ebook Devil or Delusion ? The danger of Christianity to Democracy Freedom and Science.       http://t.co/2d1KcJ9V

Offline Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +135/-3
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #176 on: October 30, 2013, 01:58:52 PM »
birth is not forced, it is natural.   abortion is forced.   your body as a woman is designed to give birth, not give an abortion.

Abortion is also a natural process. Your argument fails.
Leave nothing to chance. Overlook nothing. Combine contradictory observations. Allow yourself enough time. -Hippocrates of Cos

Offline Wasserbuffel

• Student
  • Darwins +19/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #177 on: October 30, 2013, 01:59:47 PM »
you miss the political aspect.

if you don't give the exceptions for rape then you don't get anything.   only a fool operates on all or nothing.  if we can save 93 percent of babies from brutal homicide then we take that that.   

obviously a raped woman did not have consensual sex so that is a complicated situation. 

HA!  If you don't give exceptions for rape, then more people will truly question your motives and figure out that you don't actually care about babies, or any human beings for that matter.

Why do you think abortion is wrong? It's  "brutal homicide" right? Well, it's just as brutal and homicidal if the fetus is the result of rape or consensual sex. There is no complication.

Offline DrTesla

• Graduate
  • Darwins +7/-102
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #178 on: October 30, 2013, 02:04:46 PM »

if you don't give the exceptions for rape then you don't get anything.   only a fool operates on all or nothing.  if we can save 93 percent of babies from brutal homicide then we take that that.   

obviously a raped woman did not have consensual sex so that is a complicated situation. 

HA!  If you don't give exceptions for rape, then more people will truly question your motives and figure out that you don't actually care about babies, or any human beings for that matter.

Why do you think abortion is wrong? It's  "brutal homicide" right? Well, it's just as brutal and homicidal if the fetus is the result of rape or consensual sex. There is no complication.

You are doing what I call using the exception to the rule to argue the rule.   We can't ban any abortions unless we ban them all.   I'd rather be a hypocrite that saves 93 percent then a purist who save 0 percent.   

look to Lincoln,  free states and slave states.   don't go for it all at once.   

Consider Obama,  he wants single payer healthcare.  He knew that was not popular so he rolled out O-Care as a stepping stone to get there and as you can see,  most people are losing their plans via their employers and won't be long government is only option for healthcare.   
"You want to know who just loves abortions? God loves abortions. He performs them all the time and not even for the money. "  NoGodsForMe

"I wish it was men who got pregnant b/c we would squirt out these babies and go about our business.  We don't have be divas on this stuff."  DrTesla

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +196/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #179 on: October 30, 2013, 02:08:08 PM »
lol, well I guess we need to advertise something seemingly obvious like the option of adoption 
put your money where your typing fingers are, troll. Get your ass in motion on your own proposed solution or troll on. No real difference to me - you were not my target audience in any case.
to women who could not figure out the whole birth control thing.   lol
Typical misogynistic troll, Blaming the stupid women who can't figure out how to use birth control while forgetting that it takes two to cause a pregnancy.
birth is not forced,
Nice dodge. I'm aware that you are less stupid than you are portraying yourself as (good trolling does require a certain amount of intelligence), but you're also not anywhere near as smart as you think either.
it is natural.   abortion is forced.   your body as a woman is designed to give birth, not give an abortion.
What is your body "designed" for?
"It's hard to, but I'm starting to believe some of you actually believe these things.  That is completely beyond my ability to understand if that is really the case, but things never cease to amaze me."

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +196/-7
« Reply #180 on: October 30, 2013, 02:10:15 PM »

You are doing what I call using the exception to the rule to argue the rule.   We can't ban any abortions unless we ban them all.   I'd rather be a hypocrite that saves 93 percent then a purist who save 0 percent.   

look to Lincoln,  free states and slave states.   don't go for it all at once.   

Consider Obama,  he wants single payer healthcare.  He knew that was not popular so he rolled out O-Care as a stepping stone to get there and as you can see,  most people are losing their plans via their employers and won't be long government is only option for healthcare.

You're doing a fantastic job of making my point for me, thank you! Keep up the good work troll, my side benefits from your kind of help!
"It's hard to, but I'm starting to believe some of you actually believe these things.  That is completely beyond my ability to understand if that is really the case, but things never cease to amaze me."

Offline DrTesla

• Graduate
  • Darwins +7/-102
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #181 on: October 30, 2013, 02:15:35 PM »
 My body is designed to give a woman who wants one a baby, and pleasure.   lol

I'm an internet Lincoln and I am laying down the rhetorical framework that will eventually lead to the demise of abortion much like he set the instiution of slavery on fire and watched it burn.   

How can I be anti-woman if I want to save female babies from slaughter?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 02:20:36 PM by DrTesla »

Offline Wasserbuffel

• Student
  • Darwins +19/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #182 on: October 30, 2013, 02:22:31 PM »
You are doing what I call using the exception to the rule to argue the rule.

No, I'm not.  When you're talking about murder, you don't allow any under the law. You don't say one murder is legal while another is not, especially when the "victim" is equally innocent in either case.

It's not legal for me to kill you if your father rapes me. Why should it be OK for a woman to "brutally" murder her fetus because it's father raped her? Of one is wrong, both are wrong.

You're only making the exception, because you know that abortion isn't the same as murder.

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +105/-12
« Reply #183 on: October 30, 2013, 02:23:17 PM »
I'm not attracted to women who have no problem putting down their own child.   barbaric cavewomen.

How would you know their opinion if you did not ask them their opinion?
The Foxy Freedom antitheist website is http://the6antitheist6guide6.blogspot.co.uk

The 2nd edition of the free ebook Devil or Delusion ? The danger of Christianity to Democracy Freedom and Science.       http://t.co/2d1KcJ9V

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +336/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #184 on: October 30, 2013, 02:23:50 PM »
All the males who support abortion are male pigs who want to be able to have casual sex and not deal with any unintended consequences.   These are basically Bill Clinton types.  The irony of abortion is it unites militant anti-men femi-nazis  with the male pigs like Clinton.  lol

Many males only say they are pro-abortion because they think that makes it easier for them to get a date with a young woman, who tend to be single issue voters on abortion.   So it really just pandering.

As people have told you: pro-choice does not equate to pro-abortion. If you weren't an idiot you'd know that.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
« Reply #185 on: October 30, 2013, 02:25:09 PM »

A woman who wants a man of intellect with a sense of humour beyond just lol is going to miss out ;D
Git mit uns

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +336/-85
« Reply #186 on: October 30, 2013, 02:26:22 PM »
I'm not attracted to women who have no problem putting down their own child.   barbaric cavewomen.

I doubt they lose sleep over it, or any woman for that matter.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Offline DrTesla

• Graduate
  • Darwins +7/-102
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #187 on: October 30, 2013, 02:28:22 PM »
You are doing what I call using the exception to the rule to argue the rule.

No, I'm not.  When you're talking about murder, you don't allow any under the law. You don't say one murder is legal while another is not, especially when the "victim" is equally innocent in either case.

It's not legal for me to kill you if your father rapes me. Why should it be OK for a woman to "brutally" murder her fetus because it's father raped her? Of one is wrong, both are wrong.

You're only making the exception, because you know that abortion isn't the same as murder.

you are basically exploiting the rape of women who then get pregnant to make your case for abortion used as delayed birth control after casual sex.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +336/-85
« Reply #188 on: October 30, 2013, 02:28:58 PM »
Well, it's a good thing that women who are willing to abort their pregnancies don't fall under that category.

Though...what if you just wanted to punish them, and attraction was secondary to that goal?

Let's say you got angry at a bad movie and wanted to punish Scarlet Johansson, so you went and raped her.

She gets pregnant from it, of course, and you hope that she has to endure the punishment you've set up for her.

What moral obligation does she have to keep your offspring in her womb, DrTroll?  It's not yet a person.  Surely you'd like it to be, so that she would be forced suffer, but what is the rationale for labelling it as such?

Troll = Pro lifer laying it down on the internet. 

her obligation is to be a decent person is a civilized society.   neanderthals kill their offspring.   

Scarlett would have a hard time keeping her hands off me because i am eye candy obviously.

This is hilariously sad. She, who in the hypothetical who you raped, has to be decent. Why couldn't you just not have (hypothetically) raped her. Where was your decency?

-Nam

« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 02:32:51 PM by Nam »

Offline Wasserbuffel

• Student
  • Darwins +19/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #189 on: October 30, 2013, 02:36:09 PM »
you are basically exploiting the rape of women who then get pregnant to make your case for abortion used as delayed birth control after casual sex.

Wrong again.  You're the one who thinks abortion is murder. I'm just not letting you say one murder is fine while another murder is not when the victims are equally innocent.

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +196/-7
« Reply #190 on: October 30, 2013, 02:37:31 PM »
I sincerely hope my assumption that you are NOT in reality, a complete bumbling idiot is true - in light of that I'm just going to point out that your logic is horribly flawed, and perhaps badly mistaken, and avoid the easy target you gave me here.
I'm an internet Lincoln
.....thanks for that - I laughed out loud for real.
and I am laying down the rhetorical framework that will eventually lead to the demise of abortion
How? You skipped right over the error in your thinking and made it a joke. Who can take you seriously? Your promoting adoption as a viable alternative but refusing to talk about it.
much like he set the instiution of slavery on fire and watched it burn.   
Good to know it's not just religious history you're horribly ignorant about.
How can I be anti-woman if I want to save female babies from slaughter?
What makes you think the two are mutually exclusive?

Offline DrTesla

• Graduate
  • Darwins +7/-102
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #191 on: October 30, 2013, 02:42:11 PM »

Wrong again.  You're the one who thinks abortion is murder. I'm just not letting you say one murder is fine while another murder is not when the victims are equally innocent.

nah, see you basically need for there to be men raping women and getting them pregnant to have an argument for abortion at all.   I'm not letting you get away with that.   You never thought I could reverse that on you did you?   :)

I never said one murder was fine and the other isn't.  The babies are killed in both.  Although I would think in cases of rape they would give the woman the morning after one. 
  If we go with what you think,  more babies die.   If we go with what I think, 93 percent of babies live.   
so you can call me a hypocrite but I'm a hero to these babies as they get older. 

the raped women who have the babies =  heroes

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +336/-85
« Reply #192 on: October 30, 2013, 02:44:02 PM »
lol, well I guess we need to advertise something seemingly obvious like the option of adoption  to women who could not figure out the whole birth control thing.   lol

See, the first thing people like you do is outlaw abortion. The second thing people like you do is outlaw contraceptives, including condoms.

The third thing people like you do is send people to jail for having unlawful abortions, even in the case of rape, incest, and risk to the mother. And not just the doctors but anyone involved, including the mother, especially the mother.

The fourth thing you do is decide that abortion is 1st degree murder and send those involved, especially the mother, to their executions.

The fifth thing you do is attack anyone outside your society that supports abortion, verbally or otherwise.

The sixth thing you do is shoot yourself in the head for raping a girl and forcing her to have your baby because you care about life.

Frankly, I wish you'd skip the entire list and go to the last one.

*"you" is in general

-Nam

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +105/-12
« Reply #193 on: October 30, 2013, 02:52:50 PM »

How do you know their opinion if you do not ask them their opinion?

Offline Wasserbuffel

• Student
  • Darwins +19/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #194 on: October 30, 2013, 02:54:00 PM »
nah, see you basically need for there to be men raping women and getting them pregnant
It happens every day.

to have an argument for abortion at all.

Nope, wrong again!

The rape exception only comes into play with people like you who want to make one.  You called it a "complicated situation" which means YOU have room in your argument. YOU don't think one murder is equal to another.

I think murder is murder. I just don't think abortion is murder, you do.

You never thought I could reverse that on you did you?   :)

You didn't.  There is no hypocrisy in my ethical stance like there is in yours.

I never said one murder was fine and the other isn't.  The babies are killed in both.  Although I would think in cases of rape they would give the woman the morning after one.

Really?  You said it right there!  If you don't think a raped woman should be forced to carry to term, you are saying one murder is fine.

If we go with what you think,  more babies die.   If we go with what I think, 93 percent of babies live.

98% of statistics are made up on the spot.

so you can call me a hypocrite but I'm a hero to these babies as they get older.

No, you're not. Because you have expressed absolutely no interest in bettering the lives they'll be born into. You will not adopt or mentor a single one. You will not buy one of their mothers a bottle of formula to feed them, and you will call them murders if they end up needing abortions themselves one day. 

the raped women who have the babies =  heroes

Not if they have no choice in the matter. Which someone who truly thought abortion was murder wouldn't allow.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 02:57:32 PM by Wasserbuffel »

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +105/-12
« Reply #195 on: October 30, 2013, 02:55:46 PM »

If you were married what do you think your wife would say about this? Would she want Scarlett to have an abortion?

You avoided my question again.

Offline Wasserbuffel

• Student
  • Darwins +19/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #196 on: October 30, 2013, 02:58:10 PM »

That's about the only thing he's good at.

Offline DrTesla

• Graduate
  • Darwins +7/-102
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #197 on: October 30, 2013, 02:59:54 PM »
lol, here we go again.    So I would need to take care of every slave  after they were freed , to oppose slavery?   That is your dumb logic.

person who supports abortion does not have the moral high ground on somebody who does not. 

the rape scenario is complicated b/c the woman did not have consensual sex and having the baby of her rapist could be a pyschiatric issue for her.   So I see it as a miscarriage forced by situation.  She's  not murdering the baby.   You basically accusing a raped woman who chooses not to have her baby of murder.   The baby is killed but it is not murder.   Murder is putting the baby down b/c all you wanted was a good time with the random man you meet at a bar.

I will not apologize for being able to see grey rather than make every situation a black and white thing. 

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +336/-85
« Reply #198 on: October 30, 2013, 03:00:21 PM »

That's about the only thing he's good at.

Don't tell him that. It may boost his ego.

-Nam

Offline DrTesla

• Graduate
  • Darwins +7/-102
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #199 on: October 30, 2013, 03:02:18 PM »
Looks like they are going to ban me soon.

Trolling =  expressing pro-life opinions on an opinion board

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +703/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #200 on: October 30, 2013, 03:04:23 PM »
Are the guys on this thread planning on getting pregnant soon?   lol

i wouldn't think a male would care enough about the ability to have an legal abortion to want to talk about it on the internet.

You are unable to empathize with women?  I do not find that unsurprising.

The Bible is not source authority on the nature of "God", if "God" exists.  So quoting the Bible to show "hypocrisy"  is silly.   

you are the one who brought "thou shalt not kill" into the conversation.

Pro-lifers are pro-innocent life.

Not really.  For one, it is well established that numerous innocent people have been executed under the death penalty.  If they really were against the death of innocents, they would want the death penalty abolished. 

For two, they only seem to care about the fertilized egg.  Once the fetus exits the uterus, they adopt a You're On Your Own attitude.  People who actually care about living children support a robust social safety net. 

For three, if they really cared about prenatal care (they don't) they would support Planned Parenthood.  Most of what they do relates to women's health and prenatal care. Instead, they are willing to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Liberals are pro-death, they are pro-abortion and pro-murderer not getting the death penalty.

This is why you are called Dr Troll.  This is a really stupid and intentionally inflamatory thing to say.  It seems to me you have run out of actual arguments and are down to insults.

Let me offer some genuine help.  Right now you are just puking your stupid opinions onto our forum over and over.  It is unconvincing.  You need to provided facts and data.  You need a coherent argument.  So far, you've got neither. 

If I were you, I would do one of two things.  One would be to establish that a fertilized egg should be considered a human being, with all the rights of one, and why we should believe it.  The other would be to establish that a fertilized egg has more rights to a woman's uterus than she does, and why we should agree. 

There.  I laid it all out for you.  Fill in the blanks.

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +703/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #201 on: October 30, 2013, 03:06:07 PM »
discussion of moderation is not allowed in thread.  please keep on topic.  If you have questions about moderation, you may PM a staff member.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline DrTesla

• Graduate
  • Darwins +7/-102
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #202 on: October 30, 2013, 03:07:47 PM »
discussion of moderation is not allowed in thread.  please keep on topic.  If you have questions about moderation, you may PM a staff member.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 04:10:09 PM by screwtape »