Author Topic: Infectious Diseases Strike Communities Where Vaccinations Are ‘Anti-God’  (Read 471 times)

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +266/-34
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Online Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
Clearly, god is punishing them for being anti-vaccination.

I mean, it's not like those scientists could be onto something with that wacky "germ theory" of theirs...
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline Dante

• Reader
  • Darwins +70/-8
  • Hedonist Extraordinaire
I mean, it's not like those scientists could be onto something with that wacky "germ theory" of theirs...

It's only a theory, you can't prove it!
Actually it doesn't. One could conceivably be all-powerful but not exceptionally intelligent.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
They should probably stop washing their hands also.  Who needs that stuff?
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Anfauglir

• Darwins +407/-5
I'm assuming logical thought here, but shouldn't the mental process be....

THEIST: I believe god is anti-vaccinations.
Vaccinations stop.  Kids start dying.
THEIST: Ah - I was wrong.  God is PRO vaccination.
Vaccinations start.  Kids stop dying.
THEIST: I was right!  God loves vaccinations, that's why he led man to find them.  Praise Jeebus!

.....or is that just too damn difficult for the god-botherers?
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +266/-34
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
<snip>

Bold mine.
Mental process? You mean thinking! Evil thing that leads men astray from DA LAWD!!! Ever heard of A&E? They thought too, and look where it got us!
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Anfauglir

• Darwins +407/-5
Mental process? You mean thinking! Evil thing that leads men astray from DA LAWD!!! Ever heard of A&E? They thought too, and look where it got us!

I know, I know.....but if someone says "god wants this...." but when they do it, god appears to get mad....

It's like if my wife says "always tell me the truth".  Then when she says "do I look fat in this dress?" I give an honest answer......and sleep on the couch for the next week, it doesn't take a WHOLE lot of thought to realise that "always tell me the truth" ISN'T the rule I should be following.
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
And infectious diseases will always reemerge after a community quits vaccinating their population.  It's just what happens as most[1] organisms have more hosts to infect other than humans.

Yes, yes it is.
 1. Primary example being smallpox which was eradicated from the planet in part because it's only host was humans.
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +63/-0
  • I shall smite thee, in HIS honor
Clearly, god is punishing them for being anti-vaccination.

THEIST: I believe god is anti-vaccinations.
Vaccinations stop.  Kids start dying.
THEIST: Ah - I was wrong.  God is PRO vaccination.
Vaccinations start.  Kids stop dying.
THEIST: I was right!  God loves vaccinations, that's why he led man to find them.  Praise Jeebus!

Oh no no no, you've all got it wrong. God is anti-vaccination - the reason they're all getting sick is because everyone else is getting vaccinated and god is mad. See now? Makes perfect sense.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you fucking turn up and say well done." - Eddie Izzard

You keep using that word. I do not think it means

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
They should probably stop washing their hands also.  Who needs that stuff?

I thought god invented all those "sanitary" rules back in the day like hand washing and hiding in a tent for 40-80 days after birth just so we nasty humans could be clean and safe before he got around to inventing hand sanitizer and soap...  Now god hates vaccines?  I cannot keep up with his and hi  followers' logic.
If xian hell really exists, the stench of the burning billions of us should be a constant, putrid reminder to the handful of heavenward xians how loving your god is.  - neopagan

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
Well. He is a God that likes a lot of suffering out of His creation.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline The Gawd

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +78/-5
  • WWGHA Member
You all just don't get it. And that's because youre leaning on your own understanding and not the Lawds. He already has told you that he will make your wisdom dumb,

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +783/-4
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
I swear to all of you, the next time I encounter an anti-science religious person, I will ask them if they wash their hands before they eat. I will then bring them a glass of water and tell them I dipped it out of the toilet, and that if they don't believe in science, they will gladly drink it.
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Graybeard

• Darwins +467/-16
  • Is this going somewhere?

I thought god invented all those "sanitary" rules back in the day like hand washing

Keep up with the program!

M't:15:1: Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying,
M't:15:2: Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.
[...]
M't:15:16: And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?
M't:15:17: Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?
M't:15:18: But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
M't:15:19: For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

It makes Baby Jesus cry every time you wash your hands before eating.
RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. Ambrose Bierce