Author Topic: 10 Benefits to Drinking Warm Lemon Water Every Morning  (Read 1945 times)

Offline emilysmith

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
    • ChillMill World
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
10 Benefits to Drinking Warm Lemon Water Every Morning
« on: June 14, 2013, 05:08:01 AM »
Something that has been very important for my body during this 7-Day Spring Cleanse, but has also been a part of my daily routine for a few months now, is drinking warm lemon water. I have started (almost) every day with a glass of warm lemon water and it has made a huge differences for me. Warm lemon water in the morning helps kickstart the digestion process for the day.  According to Ayurvedic philosophy, choices that you make regarding your daily routine either build up resistance to disease or tear it down. Ayurveda invites us to get a jump-start on the day by focusing on morning rituals that work to align the body with nature’s rhythms, balance the doshas and foster self-esteem alongside self-discipline.

There are many health benefits of lemons that have been known for centuries. The two biggest are lemons’ strong antibacterial, antiviral, and immune-boosting powers and their use as a weight loss aid because lemon juice is a digestive aid and liver cleanser. Lemons contain many substances–notably citric acid, calcium, magnesium, vitamin C, bioflavonoids, pectin, and limonene–that promote immunity and fight infection.

HOW TO DO IT: You should be using purified water and it should be lukewarm not scalding hot. You want to avoid ice cold water, since that can be a lot for your body to process and it takes more energy to process ice cold water than the warm. Always use fresh lemons, organic if possible, never bottled lemon juice. I squeeze 1/2 a lemon with each glass and I drink it down first thing before I eat a single thing, or workout, etc.

10 Benefits to Drinking Warm Lemon Water Every Morning

1) Aids Digestion. Lemon juice flushes out unwanted materials and toxins from the body. It’s atomic composition is similar to saliva and the hydrochloric acid of digestive juices. It encourages the liver to produce bile which is an acid that is required for digestion. Lemons are also high in minerals and vitamins and help loosen ama, or toxins, in the digestive tract. The digestive qualities of lemon juice help to relieve symptoms of indigestion, such as heartburn, belching and bloating. The American Cancer Society actually recommends offering warm lemon water to cancer sufferers to help stimulate bowel movements.

2) Cleanses Your System / is a Diuretic. Lemon juice helps flush out unwanted materials in part because lemons increase the rate of urination in the body. Therefore toxins are released at a faster rate which helps keep your urinary tract healthy. The citric acid in lemons helps maximize enzyme function, which stimulates the liver and aids in detoxification.

3) Boosts Your Immune System. Lemons are high in vitamin C, which is great for fighting colds.  They’re high in potassium, which stimulates brain and nerve function. Potassium also helps control blood pressure. Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) found in lemons demonstrates anti-inflammatory effects, and is used as complementary support for asthma and other respiratory symptoms plus it enhances iron absorption in the body; iron plays an important role in immune function. Lemons also contain saponins, which show antimicrobial properties that may help keep cold and flu at bay. Lemons also reduce the amount of phlegm produced by the body.

4) Balances pH Levels. Lemons are one of the most alkalizing foods for the body. Sure, they are acidic on their own, but inside our bodies they’re alkaline (the citric acid does not create acidity in the body once metabolized). Lemons contain both citric and ascorbic acid, weak acids easily metabolized from the body allowing the mineral content of lemons to help alkalize the blood. Disease states only occur when the body pH is acidic. Drinking lemon water regularly can help to remove overall acidity in the body, including uric acid in the joints, which is one of the primary causes of pain and inflammation.

5) Clears Skin. The vitamin C component as well as other antioxidants helps decrease wrinkles and blemishes and it helps to combat free radical damage. Vitamin C is vital for healthy glowing skin while its alkaline nature kills some types of bacteria known to cause acne. It can actually be applied directly to scars or age spots to help reduce their appearance. Since lemon water purges toxins from your blood, it would also be helping to keep your skin clear of blemishes from the inside out. The vitamin C contained in the lemon rejuvenates the skin from within your body.

6) Energizes You and Enhances Your Mood. The energy a human receives from food comes from the atoms and molecules in your food. A reaction occurs when the positive charged ions from food enter the digestive tract and interact with the negative charged enzymes. Lemon is one of the few foods that contain more negative charged ions, providing your body with more energy when it enters the digestive tract. The scent of lemon also has mood enhancing and energizing properties. The smell of lemon juice can brighten your mood and help clear your mind. Lemon can also help reduce anxiety and depression.

7) Promotes Healing. Ascorbic acid (vitamin C), found in abundance in lemons, promotes wound healing, and is an essential nutrient in the maintenance of healthy bones, connective tissue, and cartilage. As noted previously, vitamin C also displays anti-inflammatory properties. Combined, vitamin C is an essential nutrient in the maintenance of good health and recovery from stress and injury.

8) Freshens Breath. Besides fresher breath, lemons have  been known to help relieve tooth pain and gingivitis. Be aware that citric acid can erode tooth enamel, so you should be mindful of this. No not brush your teeth just after drinking your lemon water. It is best to brush your teeth first, then drink your lemon water, or wait a significant amount of time after to brush your teeth. Additionally, you can rinse your mouth with purified water after you finish your lemon water.

9) Hydrates Your Lymph System. Warm water and lemon juice supports the immune system by hydrating and replacing fluids lost by your body. When your body is deprived of water, you can definitely feel the side effects, which include: feeling tired, sluggish, decreased immune function, constipation, lack of energy, low/high blood pressure, lack of sleep, lack of mental clarity and feeling stressed, just to name a few.

10) Aids in Weight Loss. Lemons are high in pectin fiber, which helps fight hunger cravings. Studies have shown people who maintain a more alkaline diet, do in fact lose weight faster. I personally find myself making better choices throughout the day, if I start my day off right, by making a health conscious choice to drink warm lemon water first thing every morning.

Do you drink warm lemon water every morning? What are your favorite benefits?
Learn About Education | Watch Live TV

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
Re: 10 Benefits to Drinking Warm Lemon Water Every Morning
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 06:39:43 AM »
Emily, when you quote a large chunk of someone else's work like that, you need to link to the source.
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 08:26:28 AM »
Do you smell like Pledge all day long?
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +31/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 09:16:45 AM »
  Bunch of pseudo-scientific mumbo jumbo. I don't deny that lemons can be good for you but these claims are cloaked in the lingo of the supplement industry. The only people that will notice a difference are people suffering from Scurvy. If you eat a nutritionally well balanced diet you won't notice anything.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 10:16:54 AM »
Emily, just say "no" to bad science.  The article you posted is full of fractal Fail.

Detoxification and "flushing" stuff out of the body is unsubstantiated woo-woo.  A bit of lemon juice in the morning doesn't contain an enormous amount of Vitamin C, and even so the claims as to what Vitamin C can actually do are for the most part unsubstantiated by actual research.

The part about "negatively charged ions" is pure, unadulterated crap.  Get thee hence to a chemistry site and learn how "negatively charged ions" react with other chemicals.  (Let's just say that they don't hold their "charge" any longer than they have to.)

And don't even get Me started on body pH, liver enzymes, the lymphatic system, or weight loss.   >:(
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline Mrjason

• Reader
  • Darwins +93/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 10:20:00 AM »
I just don't like drinking warm lemon water. It looks like pee.

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 11:03:07 AM »
Huh...???   :o

I love a good urban legends thread...

Has anyone ever heard of the benefits of eating little communion wafers/bread/nacho chips and a tiny swig of wine/grape juice/Code Red Mt. Dew?  I've heard it keeps you from being too hungry during a long-winded sermon.  I usually grab a handful and make a meal out of it.
If xian hell really exists, the stench of the burning billions of us should be a constant, putrid reminder to the handful of heavenward xians how loving your god is.  - neopagan

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 03:24:19 PM »
Do you smell like Pledge all day long?

“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +127/-6
  • I'm Your Nurse, Not Your Waitress...
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 08:17:35 PM »
You should never drink scalding hot liquid ever.
It doesn't make sense to let go of something you've had for so long.  But it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's actually nothing there.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 11:51:25 PM »
My Vitamin C comes from Mountain Dew. ;)

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +769/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2013, 12:25:47 AM »
That's the great thing about not being stupid. I don't have to drink silly things.
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline hickdive

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-0
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2013, 01:09:31 AM »
Alternatively, slice the lemons and mix with ice cubes, tonic water and gin. Drink
before the ice melts and repeat until you feel much better.
Stupidity, unlike intelligence, has no limits.

Offline Bereft_of_Faith

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +39/-2
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2013, 05:37:11 AM »
I readily accept the health benefits of drinking lemon water, but EVERY DAY?  I can't make that kind of commitment.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2013, 07:57:09 PM »
When I go to restaurants and ask for a glass of water, they always put a lemon in it, so now I request them to not do that whether they do it or not.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Mooby

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
  • So it goes.
    • Is God Imaginary?
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2013, 10:05:52 AM »
A good heuristic is that any method that works by manipulating "toxins" or "energy" is crap.
"I'm doing science and I'm still alive."--J.C.

Offline emilysmith

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
    • ChillMill World
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2014, 02:27:57 AM »
Thanks all for your commenting on this Article. i Get some more helpful information here

Thanks All
Learn About Education | Watch Live TV

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2014, 06:58:44 AM »
spammer emilysmith banned.
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +127/-6
  • I'm Your Nurse, Not Your Waitress...
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2014, 02:26:28 PM »
A good heuristic is that any method that works by manipulating "toxins" or "energy" is crap.

I wish I could get this fact across to my many acquaintances who buy into this type of hokum.
It doesn't make sense to let go of something you've had for so long.  But it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's actually nothing there.

Offline Boots

• Reader
  • Darwins +96/-0
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2014, 03:20:30 PM »

I wish I could get this fact across to my many acquaintances who buy into this type of hokum.

try this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujUQn0HhGEk
* Religion: institutionalized superstition, period.

"Many of my ultra-conservative Republican friends...have trouble accepting the idea God is not a Republican. " ~OldChurchGuy

"We humans may never figure out the truth, but I prefer trying to find it over pretending we know it."  ~ParkingPlaces

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +892/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2014, 06:10:23 PM »
Is this like the "grapefruit cures everything" stuff that came out of the 1970's? There was also the "apple cider vinegar cures everything" stuff. Why does it have to be nasty and sour to cure everything? How come "ice cream and cake" never cures everything? That I could get behind. And I would get a lot more behind.... ;D

I find lots of this "common ordinary cheap everyday item is actually a miracle cure-all" in the junk mail we still get, leftover from my now deceased elderly in-laws. Old people are especially into this kind of thing. I guess when you retire, you have to spend your time doing something and you could do worse than drinking lemon water. &)

That's less harmful than the "exotic weird sh!t from Africa or Brazil or India cures everything" rip-offs.  Like that nasty mushroom crap that people with cancer are supposed to drink. That does not work. :(

There is a special kind of conspiracy nut who thinks that doctors or scientists or the government is keeping all these easy cures for cancer, overweight, diabetes, dementia, away from us. "They" know how to fix these things, but they don't because......?

C'mon, even doctors, scientists and people who work for the government get cancer et al. Wouldn't they be using this stuff and giving it to their families if it really worked? Like they say, alternative medicine that works is called medicine. 8)
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline stuffin

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2014, 11:52:08 AM »
(snip)
How come "ice cream and cake" never cures everything? That I could get behind. And I would get a lot more behind.... ;D
(snip)

I Am living proof that ice cream and cake cures depression. It is only a temporary cure and there are wide side effects. 

;)
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +375/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2014, 12:03:16 PM »
I Am living proof that ice cream and cake cures depression. It is only a temporary cure and there are wide side effects
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/