Author Topic: Does God's love people in hell??????  (Read 4764 times)

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
Re: Does God's love people in hell??????
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2013, 08:10:56 PM »
He must have one of the magic decoder rings.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline SkyWriting

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +9/-75
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2013, 08:33:31 PM »
I'd applaud you for actually answering but I already smited you for not and have to wait an hour and I'll forget by then.

So, since you don't believe that Jesus and Biblegod are one; as so many Christians do, I guess that does validate your position but doesn't make it factual, just makes it your opinion. Don't you love how that works out?
One of the many dilemmas with the Bible: it can have too many interpretations.

-Nam

That's why the Bible is not required reading...says the Bible.

For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

http://biblehub.com/romans/1-20.htm

Offline SkyWriting

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +9/-75
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2013, 08:35:57 PM »
Outside of time? Are you a JW named Wilson on another website?

;)

-Nam

Eternal is not just a really really long time.    It's not like HS detention class that lasts ...like... for ever.

Offline pianodwarf

• Darwins +206/-5
  • Je bois ton lait frappĂ©
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2013, 09:15:23 PM »
For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

I find it incredible that believers so often quote this verse without, apparently, even thinking about the contradiction involved here.
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline sun_king

• Graduate
  • Darwins +25/-0
  • We see things not as they are, but as we are
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2013, 09:36:08 PM »

Divine nature is quite evident mainly in some parts of Africa and Asia. World wars, famine, genocides, earthquakes, floods, rapes, epidemics etc are also clearly seen over the last few centuries.

Eternal power is now limited to rare appearances on toasts or crackers. God is fighting a losing battle with FSM, JC was supposed to be back in the last decade and gopherwood is no longer used to build ships.

There are thousands of Christian sects meaning that people are with lots of excuses.

You dont have anything to stand on if you are pitching Romans 1-20.

Offline Anfauglir

• Darwins +407/-4
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2013, 02:47:05 AM »
.....since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.....

.....and as you've dodged in another thread, it was Atum who created everything, not Yahweh.  So you are following a false religion.
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +263/-33
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2013, 03:42:46 AM »
Being outside of time,

Impossible, since time is a requirement for existence (or, at the very least, interaction).
What exactly did you mean by "outside of time"?

eternity is not the same as we would describe it from the inside.

Eternity is eternity, regardless of the frame of reference.

The lake of fire is said to destroy everything, so the internal torment people experience
from their decision not to trust God will end at that time as well.

Where is it written that it destroys everything?
Also, I thought souls were eternal.

Everything not perfect
is destroyed in the lake of fire. Torment would likely be as well. 

That makes no sense. You'd know that if you had studied biology and physics.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline bertatberts

• Reader
  • Darwins +48/-8
  • Humanists. Not perfect. Not forgiven. Responsible.
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2013, 04:07:50 AM »
Quote from: SkyWriting
Being outside of time, eternity is not the same as we would describe it from the inside.
Please! Please! think about what you are about to post. Please!
That above is dumb! Dumb! Dumb in the extreme!
We theists have no evidence for our beliefs. So no amount of rational evidence will dissuade us from those beliefs. - JCisall

It would be pretty piss poor brainwashing, if the victims knew they were brainwashed, wouldn't it? - Screwtape. 04/12/12

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +618/-23
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2013, 09:04:38 AM »
I find it incredible that believers so often quote this verse without, apparently, even thinking about the contradiction involved here.

I like it because of the pun.  Something invisible is clearly seen.  Because if a thing is clear - like glass - it is invisible.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-80
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2013, 09:19:59 AM »
If torturing people for eternity in a lake of fire is "love", then yes, YHYH loves the people who are in hell.

Being outside of time, eternity is not the same as we would describe it from the inside.
The lake of fire is said to destroy everything, so the internal torment people experience
from their decision not to trust God will end at that time as well.  Everything not perfect

Are you familiar with the parable of the rich man.  He looked up at Lazarus and begged for water. 

My loving God, that I believe in, is fair and just. I don't think God tortures unbelievers.  In fact I think God gets angrier at believers for saying God would.  I think God is angry at many believers for misrepresenting God's Love.

By the way I wish you would respond to the other thread about Noah's ark.  I replied to you with the statement that a Loving God would not do such a thing as drown a bunch of people/children.  Any body that knows about Love should be able to clearly see the bible contradicts a loving God.  Rather than become atheist I become spiritual.  I believe in God w/o religious assistance.  I thank God for all the blessings in my life.  By the way I'm a lesbian going to heaven.  Atheist are going to heaven for being good people.  Christians will not all see heaven because they disgrace God with their words and their actions.  Not all but I'm saying some.  Pat Robertson comes to mind.  Let's don't forget old Fred Phelps and Jerry Falwell.

They should not even call themselves Christians because they are not like Christ.
Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man.
Thomas Paine

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/thomas_paine.html#XXwlhVIMq06zWg2d.99

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +618/-23
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2013, 11:01:02 AM »

Please don't just tell him his post is stupid.  Explain why you disagree.  And please do it more cordially. Thanks.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

Offline The Gawd

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +78/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2013, 11:05:13 AM »
If torturing people for eternity in a lake of fire is "love", then yes, YHYH loves the people who are in hell.

from their decision not to trust God will end at that time as well.  Everything not perfect

Are you familiar with the parable of the rich man.  He looked up at Lazarus and begged for water. 

My loving God, that I believe in, is fair and just. I don't think God tortures unbelievers.  In fact I think God gets angrier at believers for saying God would.  I think God is angry at many believers for misrepresenting God's Love.

By the way I wish you would respond to the other thread about Noah's ark.  I replied to you with the statement that a Loving God would not do such a thing as drown a bunch of people/children.  Any body that knows about Love should be able to clearly see the bible contradicts a loving God.  Rather than become atheist I become spiritual.  I believe in God w/o religious assistance.  I thank God for all the blessings in my life.  By the way I'm a lesbian going to heaven.  Atheist are going to heaven for being good people.  Christians will not all see heaven because they disgrace God with their words and their actions.  Not all but I'm saying some.  Pat Robertson comes to mind.  Let's don't forget old Fred Phelps and Jerry Falwell.

They should not even call themselves Christians because they are not like Christ.
you make some VERY atheistic points JB. +1
But again I have to ask you how you got this Jesus stuff without believing in the bible?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 11:06:44 AM by The Gawd »

Offline WakingDeath

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2013, 11:50:07 AM »
People in Hell?    There is nothing in the Bible to indicate that people burn alive forever in Hell.   All that is said is that evil ones will be cast into it. It does not say that they will survive the experience for all eternity.    There are references to wailing and gnashing of teeth,  but it does not indicate that this wailing and gnashing is that of a whole bunch of people.  Hell is Satan's prison.  Who is to say that humans don't just die there and that the wailing and gnashing of teeth are Satan's alone?

If they just die,  as in permanently die, how can God love them?   They will not exist.

Offline bertatberts

• Reader
  • Darwins +48/-8
  • Humanists. Not perfect. Not forgiven. Responsible.
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2013, 01:00:01 PM »

Please don't just tell him his post is stupid.  Explain why you disagree.  And please do it more cordially. Thanks.
I'm sorry! I do normally, however "One above all" already had. So I just exclaimed my disbeliever in the person intelligence. Sorry again.
We theists have no evidence for our beliefs. So no amount of rational evidence will dissuade us from those beliefs. - JCisall

It would be pretty piss poor brainwashing, if the victims knew they were brainwashed, wouldn't it? - Screwtape. 04/12/12

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +96/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2013, 01:04:59 PM »
 I love how Christians "pretend" to worship God or Jesus but sin like it does not matter. Then they blame the sin on "being human". If it is wrong to do it and you know it is wrong.......HELL for you,because you do what you KNOW to be wrong and think forgiveness is the order of the day.

Where is the line drawn between mortal sin and a "Christian" sinning and expecting forgiveness? If it is the 10 rules....(commandments) Christians break them all the time. Does Jesus nulify the 10 commandments?
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline WakingDeath

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2013, 04:29:55 PM »

;)

-Nam

There are many references in the bible that describes that time is not the same for God as it is for us.  There is even a reference that shows that He spans the entire timeline simultaneously.  It is not a unique concept therefore the opinion is not unique to this one individual alone. 

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +618/-23
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2013, 05:34:00 PM »
There are many references in the bible that describes that time is not the same for God as it is for us.  There is even a reference that shows that He spans the entire timeline simultaneously.  It is not a unique concept therefore the opinion is not unique to this one individual alone.

What are those references, specifically?  Also, I've heard a lot of xians talk about god and time, but none of them have a coherent explanation of how that idea can work.  Please elaborate on how it makes any sense that a god might "span an entire timeline simultaneously".  Just because we can put words next to each other does not mean they form an actual idea.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2013, 05:39:25 PM »

Then you're on the wrong website. You need to be at a Christian website.

Doesn't really work for the Universe, does it?

-Nam
This is my signature "Nam", don't I have nice typing skills?

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2013, 05:44:50 PM »

;)

-Nam

It's a joke. Did you see the wink? And please don't preach to me about what's in the Bible. Unlike most Christians most atheists have read the entire Bible. I've read 15 versions of it. How about you?

-Nam

Offline Graybeard

• Darwins +457/-14
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2013, 07:14:57 PM »
But don't you have to read the Bible to know that?
RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. Ambrose Bierce

Offline WakingDeath

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2013, 09:24:16 PM »

;)

-Nam

It's a joke. Did you see the wink? And please don't preach to me about what's in the Bible. Unlike most Christians most atheists have read the entire Bible. I've read 15 versions of it. How about you?

-Nam

Hey now I wasn't preaching.  If you understand what I was saying then that's all good. But let's be clear.  No preaching was happening, okay?  I am not a preacher nor do I intend to do so here.  There is a huge difference between explaining something and preching about it.

I have read one version of the bible fully and have compared it with other versions, and to stay on topic from what I have read, there is nothing to indicate that human souls burn in hell for all eternity. Therefore there is nothing for God to love there. It is my opinion that if there is a hell, existence will come to an end for humans who are cast into it.   Also from my experience, it is the offically ordaned preachers who say that people will burn in hell to suffer for all eternity. Not the bible.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 09:34:38 PM by WakingDeath »

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2013, 09:51:58 PM »
So Mark 9:43[1] doesn't speak about one "burning in hell"? Wow! I didn't know that. Maybe you haven't read the Bible all the way through.

-Nam
 1. into the fire that will never be quenched

Offline WakingDeath

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2013, 09:55:55 PM »
So Mark 9:43[1] doesn't speak about one "burning in hell"? Wow! I didn't know that. Maybe you haven't read the Bible all the way through.

-Nam
 1. into the fire that will never be quenched

It just says that the fire will never be quenched. It does not say that you will be alive forever in said fire.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2013, 09:57:50 PM »
Now, now...you spoke about "souls" not living people. Don't change what you said.

-Nam

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2013, 10:24:20 PM »
Hey man, I found this for you in my Bible[1] I knew the book but not the chapter unlike with Mark:

Matthew 25:41/46
And then he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the Devil and his angels:

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into enternal life

So, when was the last time you read the Bible? Been awhile?

-Nam

1. yes, I have a Bible

Offline WakingDeath

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2013, 10:50:23 PM »
Hey man, I found this for you in my Bible[1] I knew the book but not the chapter unlike with Mark:

Matthew 25:41/46
And then he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the Devil and his angels:

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into enternal life

So, when was the last time you read the Bible? Been awhile?

-Nam
 1. yes, I have a Bible

That could be interpreted as death. Death is perminent and everlasting.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2013, 10:54:47 PM »
And there's the word I've been waiting for you to say, it's the goto word of Christians: interpreted.

But not your interpretation and that's the only one that matters. You're entertaining, man. Can't debate worth shit but entertaining.

-Nam

Offline WakingDeath

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2013, 11:01:58 PM »
Nam.... you interpreted it without using the word interpret as well.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2013, 11:04:05 PM »
I read what it said; is it supposed to say something else? Please tell me what it actually says?

-Nam