Author Topic: Hate To Be You! [#2747]  (Read 2297 times)

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
Re: Hate To Be You! [#2747]
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2013, 10:05:24 PM »
I'm in that club as well.  Are all atheists cancers?
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2013, 10:08:48 PM »
Is LoriPinkAngel an atheist?

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +127/-6
  • I'm Your Nurse, Not Your Waitress...
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2013, 10:11:21 PM »
Someone on this forum once called me a "bi-curious theist" because my views are so different from most theists.
It doesn't make sense to let go of something you've had for so long.  But it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's actually nothing there.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2013, 10:27:41 PM »
Bi-curious, huh? Hey, how you doin'? :P

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Offline Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +85/-2
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2013, 01:24:10 AM »

Neat! And I drink coffee for you
I love the coffee in Belgium, the way they brewed it right over the cup; and those yummy little cinnamon cookies...

Let's not bring up Belgium ... that never ends well. The conversation eventually always turns the the genitals of plants!

Actually, the other day, we had a bit of a storm[1] and the next morning, the driveway was covered in Birch genitals. This did not seem to bother anyone. Now imagine the uproar if it had been animal genitals. We're such regnumists!
 1. really only 'a bit' nothing special
Science: I'll believe it when I see it
Faith: I'll see it when I believe it

Schrodinger's thunderdome! One cat enters and one MIGHT leave!

Without life, god has no meaning.

Offline Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +85/-2
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2013, 01:25:00 AM »
I'm in that club as well.  Are all atheists cancers?

*Raises hand*
Science: I'll believe it when I see it
Faith: I'll see it when I believe it

Schrodinger's thunderdome! One cat enters and one MIGHT leave!

Without life, god has no meaning.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2013, 02:01:48 AM »
Man, the club gets new members by the post.

-Nam

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2013, 03:27:57 AM »
Quote from: Christian#2747
.....I have been healed twice from cancer and know there is a Jehovah God.

Why on earth would you WANT to be heald from cancer?  Surely cancer was Yahweh's message to you that he wants you to die quick and come to him.  Why spit in his face with doctors and treatments to try to stay alive on this world for so long, against his will?

Alternatively, if you didn't receive any treatment, have you considered that Yahweh doesn't actually like you that much?  Condeming you to longer on this plane, and keeping you from heaven....not one, but twice?  Can you hear Yahweh saying "I know there's nothing longer than eternity, but eternity with THIS guy will feel even longer.  Better cure their cancer again to keep 'em away from me for a few more years."
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2013, 06:41:39 AM »
Anf....LOL.

Some Christians just can't seem to see things from the other side.  Ever.

Miracle survivors among all of the dead in a disaster.
Select people miraculously healed while most are left to die.
Large swaths of "Christian" children dying of starvation - in a specific geographic location.
Intelligent design that leaves most humans with poor eyesight over time.
And so on...

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2013, 09:08:03 PM »
Anf....LOL.

Some Christians just can't seem to see things from the other side.  Ever.

Miracle survivors among all of the dead in a disaster.
Select people miraculously healed while most are left to die.
Large swaths of "Christian" children dying of starvation - in a specific geographic location.
Intelligent design that leaves most humans with poor eyesight over time.
And so on...
all the non dead kids in school shootings...
If xian hell really exists, the stench of the burning billions of us should be a constant, putrid reminder to the handful of heavenward xians how loving your god is.  - neopagan

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +258/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2013, 02:32:08 PM »
I don't know you either but, "Blood on my hands"??? Really? I know there's a lot of blood spilled over this or that god, I've never seen blood spilled over "Lets be reasonable and look at the evidence"

So you're wrong; And extremely insulting; And Vicious; And Morally inferior.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline Grogs

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +11/-0
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2013, 08:05:35 PM »
I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens [sic] me!

Whenever I see that quote, I remember a USO show I saw when I was on a deployment. It was a group called the "Power Team" or something like that. That verse featured prominently on their banner. They would go up on the stage, say a prayer, and then perform some feat of strength like breaking a 2x4, lifting a big weight, or ripping a phone book in half, all in the name of Jesus natch. It would have been pretty impressive, except for the fact that they were all huge. I would have been a lot more impressed if they had been a bunch skinny 90-pound dudes who could do the same thing. Basically, they were able to accomplish with prayer and steroids what several guys at my local gym could do with just the steroids.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2013, 03:56:03 PM »
I don't know you but, a lot of people's blood shall be on your hands preaching "there is no God" and I have been healed twice from cancer and know there is a Jehovah God. You on the other hand is going to die to this side of life (never dying as a spirit) and finding out on the other side of life that God is real, never having the chance to correct this huge lie you have started for you and others, thereby, chosing HELL for eternity.

Shame on you.  Confess to God before it is too late that you are sorry and apologize to all the people you have lied to "there is no God".  I pray for you!

I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me!

I hate to break it to you. God didn't heal you. If it wasn't for years of medical science you would very likely be dead. There are many non-Christian cancer survivors (some here too), but before we knew what we know about cancer now the morality rate was much higher and it didn't matter if you were a Christian or not. Your 'healing' was the result of a process many Christians dismiss and regard as being non-Christian. One of the reasons many of us don't believe in the Christian God is because it is not supported by science nor can it be tested and science frequently contradicts the claims of the bible. Hence many Christians consider science to be deceptive or evil.

You say I am living a lie, but my reality is based on science, science that proves itself time and time again to be right and to work. Many of us have tried using religion and finding it never works, nothing out of the ordinary happens when people are faithful, only people believe that extraordinary happens. The fact you think you've been "healed" of your cancer is testament to that and many Christians will attribute their own 'healings' to God and not the science and doctors that saved them. The scientific process has contribute an awful lot to the world we're living in. Humanity has managed to produce some amazing feats and science has manage to contribute massively to those feats and yet we get a religion that claims a God answers prayers and miracles happen and yet only the mediocre happens and only mediocre prayers are answered, it's as though no divine intention was needed and when you get things like faith healers, their healings are never scientifically documented and are like bad magic shows, yet with one difference, the viewers believe the act is real.

But of course, relying on the scientific process and basing beliefs on something testable is the lie here.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 04:00:01 PM by Seppuku »
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.