Author Topic: answer [#2746]  (Read 874 times)

Online pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappĂ©
answer [#2746]
« on: June 12, 2013, 04:22:21 PM »
I think my website: http://www.sanctifyname.com  should cover it all.
In short God is waiting until mankind has really, irreparably and irrevocably painted themselves into the corner.
Jesus once said that wisdom is proved righteous by its works.
It's obvious by the mess we are in, that we humans are ill-equipped to govern ourselves successfully and beneficially.

In due course there will be one world government where all amputees will get their legs back, dead or alive, including my daughter who lost her life a tumor at 7-years old.

No religion is nor ever was from God.  Only Israel were given a constitution for governance and attendant laws to benefit them.

That silly point on your site about disobedient sons losing their lives needs to be understood in the context that no rebellion will ever be tolerated by God in any sphere, and that parents would have done their very best to help the accountable young person to respect that, before having to throw the first stone.

Any society needs to live to benefit all.  Human society no exception.
Under God's future benign governance, all laws will benefit every individual and the human race as a whole.
Anyone disrespecting that and rebelling, will ultimately forfeit individual citizenship and be exited to non-existence. 

That simple.

[name removed]

[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
Re: answer [#2746]
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 04:30:46 PM »

Horrible layout and massive walls of text.

No religion is nor ever was from God. 

Well, no arguement there...
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 04:54:20 PM »
I am very sorry that you lost your daughter when she was just 7 years old.  I cannot imagine that pain that your family suffered.  I understand that you seek comfort and answers in religion. 

I also understand why you are offended by the concept that a disobedient child should be stoned to death.  You've lost a child, and you certainly cannot associate that horrible practice as being the will of the god who you want to believe is loving.  So you chose to interpret this part of the scriptures as metaphor.   I imagine that there are other parts of the scriptures that you interpret literally. 

Think about it.   

May you do good deeds in your daughter's name, to honor her memory and her short life. 

I wish you well. 

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +307/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 05:48:18 PM »

What a mess your website is. I think you need to hire a maid.

In short God is waiting until mankind has really, irreparably and irrevocably painted themselves into the corner.

What color paint?

Jesus once said that wisdom is proved righteous by its works.
It's obvious by the mess we are in, that we humans are ill-equipped to govern ourselves successfully and beneficially.

Jesus, if he existed, never said anything in the Bible. It's all hearsay; which doesn't amount to much.

In due course there will be one world government where all amputees will get their legs back, dead or alive, including my daughter who lost her life a tumor at 7-years old.

Hilarious. Not about your daughter but the rest.

No religion is nor ever was from God.  Only Israel were given a constitution for governance and attendant laws to benefit them.

A bit contradictory, no?

That silly point on your site about disobedient sons losing their lives needs to be understood in the context that no rebellion will ever be tolerated by God in any sphere, and that parents would have done their very best to help the accountable young person to respect that, before having to throw the first stone.

Does Biblegod have a quarry?

Any society needs to live to benefit all.  Human society no exception.
Under God's future benign governance, all laws will benefit every individual and the human race as a whole.
Anyone disrespecting that and rebelling, will ultimately forfeit individual citizenship and be exited to non-existence.

Why then and not now? Oh, yeah, your nonsense first part. Gotcha.

That simple.

If you say so.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +180/-8
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 07:20:09 PM »
Man, your God sounds like a swell guy. :o
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 07:55:08 PM »

Which verse references this?  Does it have something to do with the four corners of the "flat" earth?

Your website made me sorry I stopped sniffing glue this week... 
If xian hell really exists, the stench of the burning billions of us should be a constant, putrid reminder to the handful of heavenward xians how loving your god is.  - neopagan

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +307/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 07:57:23 PM »
Switch to paint.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline Willie

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +72/-1
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 09:01:39 PM »

What exactly is the point you're trying to make with this? It seems to suggest that killing your disobedient children is ok if you raised them right, and that death is a reasonable punishment for those who reject their faith. I suppose that murdering kids for rebelling against their religious upbringing is better than murdering them for refusing to take out the trash, in much the same way that Jim Jones is better than Adolf Hitler, but that doesn't really help your case much. If that wasn't what you meant to convey, then please clarify.

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 09:13:26 PM »

What a disgusting concept!?  :'(  To wait and watch till misery is maximised. 
Git mit uns

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 09:21:10 PM »

god the perfect being is a sadist... ergo sadism equals perfection???
If xian hell really exists, the stench of the burning billions of us should be a constant, putrid reminder to the handful of heavenward xians how loving your god is.  - neopagan

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +269/-31
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2013, 09:25:27 PM »
Supposedly God is a parental sort of father figure.  Would you wait and watch until your child has ruined his or her life beyond any possible repair before speaking to them about it?
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2013, 09:39:01 PM »
Supposedly God is a parental sort of father figure.  Would you wait and watch until your child has ruined his or her life beyond any possible repair before speaking to them about it?

Nope, but he proved that's his MO in the garden story

Offline Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +85/-2
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2013, 01:06:53 AM »

Actually, isn't that the central theme of the series V?

So when God does this, it's good, according to the original poster but when the equally fictional[1] scary aliens do it, it's EEEEEEVIL.
 1. Well, not really, the V are way more likely than any sort of god, bible or otherwise
Science: I'll believe it when I see it
Faith: I'll see it when I believe it

Schrodinger's thunderdome! One cat enters and one MIGHT leave!

Without life, god has no meaning.

Online Mrjason

• Reader
  • Darwins +89/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2013, 04:02:40 AM »

god the perfect being is a sadist... ergo sadism equals perfection???

Should 50 shades be the new bible?

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2013, 08:51:55 AM »
Should 50 shades be the new bible?

At least "FICTION" is stamped on the side of the book

Offline Betelnut

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +13/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2013, 07:53:49 PM »
Sorry to hear about your daughter.  I have a seven-year daughter myself.  Happy atheist here!

Your post is utter nonsense.  If there were a heaven and you were to go there, could you really be able to live with the faint whiff of burnt flesh that would surely fill the air there?

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2013, 10:51:56 AM »
Sorry to hear about your daughter.  I have a seven-year daughter myself.  Happy atheist here!

Your post is utter nonsense.  If there were a heaven and you were to go there, could you really be able to live with the faint whiff of burnt flesh that would surely fill the air there?

Probably - biblegod LOVES the smell of burning flesh, he says so numerous times

Offline Betelnut

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +13/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2013, 09:29:54 PM »

Probably - biblegod LOVES the smell of burning flesh, he says so numerous times

True but people, in general, have more delicate feelings than him!

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2013, 02:35:45 PM »
Fine how about separating what you are saying from a complete fiction? Hrrmmmm????
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.