Author Topic: Finishing my bachelor's degree  (Read 1581 times)

Online pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
Re: Finishing my bachelor's degree
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2013, 11:53:43 AM »
Good for you pianodwarf, I'm excited on your behalf!

Thanks!  I'm excited, too.
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +323/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2013, 01:36:33 PM »
{tissues, where are the tissues...)

;)

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Online pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2013, 12:44:43 PM »
A few days before leaving for Ireland, I took my Philosophy 101 "credit-by-examination" test.  I was a bit nervous about it, but it turned out to be nowhere near as difficult as I had feared it might be between the length of time I've been out of school and the fact that there were some philosophers I had never read (e.g., Kierkegaard).  I got an A on the exam, which now completes all the requirements for my major -- now I just need to take the "filler" classes that Thomas Edison requires (as all colleges do, of course) to ensure that my degree is well-rounded.

So.  Three credits down, fifteen to go, and the October semester starts on Tuesday.  Here we go... whee!
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +132/-3
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2013, 12:47:15 PM »
Woo! Rock on, pd. How long are your semesters?
Leave nothing to chance. Overlook nothing. Combine contradictory observations. Allow yourself enough time. -Hippocrates of Cos

Online pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2013, 12:52:57 PM »
Woo! Rock on, pd. How long are your semesters?

Thomas Edison has an interesting system.  A new semester starts at the beginning of each month, and each semester is twelve weeks long, so at any one time, there are three semesters going on (one getting started, one in the middle of things, and one wrapping up).  In my own case, my October semester wraps up shortly before Christmas.  Then I have the January semester, which ends at the end of March, at which point I'll be done.  I'm taking nine credits this semester and six credits in the January semester.

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2013, 08:45:26 PM »
Excellent!!!  :)
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +768/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2013, 09:55:08 PM »
I wish that there was something important to me that I could do. But at least for the next few months I get to live your life vicariously, pd. You keep doing good. It makes me feel better too!

All joking aside, do well, my friend. I'm impressed with your determination.
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2013, 10:36:06 AM »
.. I was a bit nervous about it, ...
I got an A on the exam, ...

;D ;D ;D ;D having read and enjoyed almost every post you've made on WWGHA I'm not even slightly surprised PD! 
Git mit uns

Online pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2013, 04:19:48 AM »
.. I was a bit nervous about it, ...
I got an A on the exam, ...

;D ;D ;D ;D having read and enjoyed almost every post you've made on WWGHA I'm not even slightly surprised PD!

Nice to hear compliments, especially from people who have more confidence in me than I do.  :-)

So today is the first official day of the semester, although like many other students, I've been unofficially preparing for the past couple of days or so.  And coincidentally, the government is closed today, meaning I have the day off.  If the shutdown is fairly short, this could be a blessing in disguise for me, considering the huge backlog of other stuff I have from the vacation in addition to the schoolwork I need to start tackling.