Author Topic: Christian behaviors ...  (Read 342 times)

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
Christian behaviors ...
« on: June 01, 2013, 07:47:19 AM »
Farmer seeks $13,000 in damages after church fireworks event

In August, the church sought Toms' permission to hold the fireworks in his field, the farmer said.

“I said no, due to the disturbance I knew the event would have on the cows,” Toms said. “So they knew in advance I had concerns that the fireworks would cause problems.”

But the church proceeded with its plans, Toms said, and secured a location adjacent to his dairy farm.

Besides the problems to the adjacent farmer, besides the problems of un-Christian behavior, does nobody at the church care that the church spent so much in tithings for a fireworks show? Exactly how did a "charity" give to those in need by holding a fireworks show?
John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
Re: Christian behaviors ...
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 08:50:21 AM »
I can understand his beef with the church and the firework company. There's a lot at stake.

And that pastor refusing to meet him at the fence? How dare 'e?

As usual, the only ones who'll walk away smiling will be the lawyers. They'll milk the case for all it's worth. And the press will have a field day.

Irresistible puns aside, I hope the church insurers see sense and pay up.

Go on up you baldhead.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 09:51:24 AM »
What's wrong with this farmer.  Does he not know that God's needs come before his.  So his cows dry up.  Big deal.  The church could have started to pray for him and the cows.  Milk would have been running out on the ground.  But no.  The farmer had to butt in where he was not wanted. ;)
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 10:38:46 AM »
Cow flatulence could have ignited the whole county when the rockets went off - don't these xians care about their fellow man?
If xian hell really exists, the stench of the burning billions of us should be a constant, putrid reminder to the handful of heavenward xians how loving your god is.  - neopagan