Author Topic: My SPAG god is not meeting my standards.  (Read 3761 times)

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +129/-6
  • I'm Your Nurse, Not Your Waitress...
Re: My SPAG god is not meeting my standards.
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2013, 09:22:40 PM »
With the pain pills I can begin to actually manage this pain rather than it managing me.  Then I think I will be able to start to fight for myself a bit. 

The frenemy stopped by for a visit.  I thought it was for a friendly chat or to be supportive.  She stayed outside on her cellphone and left her 13 year old daughter inside to talk with me.  When she was done with her conversations on her cellphone she no longer had time to visit and had to leave. WTF???  I did enjoy chatting with her daughter who is a very delightful and well mannered girl.

I had a talk with my BF.  Bad news - Mom throwing up blood.  Good news - Manhood in no way threatened by me accepting help from "stalker" if appropriately offered.  He wants me to be safe and happy.  Will continue to offer me whatever he can within his means, skill set, and situation allowing. (my translation)
It doesn't make sense to let go of something you've had for so long.  But it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's actually nothing there.

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +129/-6
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2013, 08:16:42 AM »
Every day on the trains of NYC, and probably the world, sitting women (of every race and culture) find themselves much closer to the dicks of standing strangers (of every race and culture) than they would like to be.  And it often pisses us off.   Sometimes, the owner of the dick is intentionally being provocative.  Much of the time, the owner of the dick is being self-absorbed, and not really paying attention. 

Well. I'm off to the Bronx for another appointment today.  Hopefully no dicks in my face.
It doesn't make sense to let go of something you've had for so long.  But it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's actually nothing there.

Offline SkyWriting

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +9/-75
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2013, 08:09:33 AM »
This is the only place I dare voice this opinion and why I hang around this forum.  I know the majority of members here will reply that it is because he does not exist.  But it is becoming clearer to me that I really am completely alone.  The people at the church I go to don't know about my hardships; I haven't told them because they see me as the strong competent nurse I used to be.  Everywhere I turn for help has some reason to deny me.  No loving god would allow this to happen.

This place is a mild version of Hell.  Heaven is where God can meet your needs.
Earth is not heaven and the Father is not the god of earth. 

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2013, 05:00:34 PM »
This place is a mild version of Hell.  Heaven is where God can meet your needs.
Earth is not heaven and the Father is not the god of earth.

In your opinion.

And since we all have to live in this world right now in this moment, your comment is irrelevant. One cannot force belief. If that were true, I dare you to believe in Zeus. Right now. Go ahead, do it. Your insistence that we believe in your god is exactly as impossible as my insistence that you believe in Zeus. Exactly the same.

Basically, what you're saying, is that your god cannot meet our needs here on earth. That's very interesting, since most christians say otherwise. What about those bible quotes about god answering prayers? I think you need to stretch your mind and listen to more than just what your preacher tells you. You might learn something.
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +129/-6
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2013, 10:12:13 PM »
I no longer think it is acceptable to be told that I must wait until an afterlife for my questions to be answered.  I will not be unkind to anyone who chooses to continue to have faith but it no longer works for me.  I do not accept that the answer to prayers for the survival and subsistence of myself and my child are "not now."  The only logical conclusion is that I am was praying to no one.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 10:14:31 PM by LoriPinkAngel »

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2013, 01:14:01 AM »
I no longer think it is acceptable to be told that I must wait until an afterlife for my questions to be answered.  I will not be unkind to anyone who chooses to continue to have faith but it no longer works for me.  I do not accept that the answer to prayers for the survival and subsistence of myself and my child are "not now."  The only logical conclusion is that I am was praying to no one.

A very reasonable conclusion. Welcome aboard the non-believer train.  ;D
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.