Author Topic: Is there a worst apologist than Dinesh D'souza?  (Read 850 times)

Offline The Gawd

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +78/-5
  • WWGHA Member
Is there a worst apologist than Dinesh D'souza?
« on: May 26, 2013, 07:37:59 AM »
I was watching him and Bart Ehrman (also not one of my favorite debaters) debate Theodicy

and Dinesh is simply always a complete failure. I know theres a lot of bad ones, all of them really, but is anyone actually worse than D'Souza?

Offline Greenandwhite

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +5/-4
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Is there a worst apologist than Dinesh D'souza?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 12:24:02 AM »
What about William Dembski?  I watched the youtube video of him debating Christopher Hitchens and thought that he got absolutely crushed. 

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +331/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 07:12:53 AM »
Maggie the Opinionated?

;)

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Online jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 07:38:04 AM »
Maggie the Opinionated?

;)

-Nam

When did you see her debate, and where is the video?   ;D

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +331/-84
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 08:23:01 AM »
You're right, Jetson. She doesn't debate; she's overtly condescending and talks at people.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Online rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +37/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 08:56:31 AM »
Ray Comfort gets my vote.  Then the youtube idiots Shockofgod, VenomfangX, and Nephilimfree.
Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 10:13:12 AM »
I was watching him and Bart Ehrman (also not one of my favorite debaters) debate Theodicy ...

Bart may not the most charismatic SPEAKER but as an ATHEIST DEBATER his arguments are as solid as any I've heard - his opening arguments on unexplained suffering are the most persuasive on the issue that I've ever heard.  And also on our right to question God - simply the most liberating. They resonate with every molecule of my being  :)  and are easily the two main things underpinning my atheism  :)

And in contrast we have Dinesh arguing that if God intervenes then "evil will lose its meaning"   :o ..... FFS  :(

But for worse apologists keep an eye on the mailbox right here on WWHA - they drop by regularly ;D
Git mit uns

Offline Energized

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +29/-1
  • Enma Ai is GOD!
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2013, 11:08:17 AM »
Ray Comfort is the WORST. His apologetics are not only illogical, but he lies to make his point.

In all honesty, if someone needs to explain their holy book, their god's a bit of an ass for not making it a little better to understand.

E.
'O pitiful shadow lost in the darkness,
Bringing torment and pain to others.
O damned soul wallowing in your sin.
Perhaps it is time to die?'

~Enma Ai, Jigoku Shoujo

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +331/-84
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2013, 06:42:32 PM »
Ray Comfort gets my vote.  Then the youtube idiots Shockofgod, VenomfangX, and Nephilimfree.

I don't know, Comfort's a likable guy. Not like Kirk Cameron who is a douche.

-Nam

Offline The Gawd

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +78/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 08:00:12 AM »
I was watching him and Bart Ehrman (also not one of my favorite debaters) debate Theodicy ...

Bart may not the most charismatic SPEAKER but as an ATHEIST DEBATER his arguments are as solid as any I've heard - his opening arguments on unexplained suffering are the most persuasive on the issue that I've ever heard.  And also on our right to question God - simply the most liberating. They resonate with every molecule of my being  :)  and are easily the two main things underpinning my atheism  :)

And in contrast we have Dinesh arguing that if God intervenes then "evil will lose its meaning"   :o ..... FFS  :(

But for worse apologists keep an eye on the mailbox right here on WWHA - they drop by regularly ;D
Bart lets too many points get by on him. His arguments are good, but he's not that good on defense. Next time I watch one I'll point it out.

Online rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +37/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2013, 08:49:56 AM »
I don't know, Comfort's a likable guy. Not like Kirk Cameron who is a douche.

-Nam
I don't know if I've seen enough of Comfort to decide if he's a complete jackass or not.  But I chose him for this thread as the arguments I've heard from him are the worst I've heard from an apologist.  I think everyone here has seen the "atheist nightmare" video and for those who haven't.

But I agree with you on Cameron.  Someone needs to headbutt the condescending smugness from his face.
Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +331/-84
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2013, 02:57:08 PM »
I don't know if I've seen enough of Comfort to decide if he's a complete jackass or not.  But I chose him for this thread as the arguments I've heard from him are the worst I've heard from an apologist.

Don't get me wrong, almost everything he says is nonsense but I find him likable. Like George Bush Jr., he's overtly a fucktard but still likable.

-Nam