Author Topic: We kill = good... They kill = bad  (Read 317 times)

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
We kill = good... They kill = bad
« on: May 29, 2013, 10:13:10 AM »
http://www.breitbart.com/system/wire/CNG---4fd7225a1fea039d4d9f6435239389ed---6b1

Ignoring crusades, inquisitions, witch hunts, dead Canaanites and all manner of cruelty done in the name of sky god - suddenly the xians feel persecuted?

How about, it's never a good idea to kill anyone over their mythical belief systems??  Not even one of your own (do you hear me crazy fundie parents who think medicine is evil and stand by while your kids die of treatable ailments?)

Personally, I refuse to persecute anyone who believes in unicorns - I've made my stand.
If xian hell really exists, the stench of the burning billions of us should be a constant, putrid reminder to the handful of heavenward xians how loving your god is.  - neopagan

Offline Mrjason

• Reader
  • Darwins +89/-2
  • WWGHA Member
Re: We kill = good... They kill = bad
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 10:52:11 AM »
the vatican also mentions killing their own (in an abstract sense)

http://www.news.va/en/news/oceaniapapua-new-guinea-sex-education-with-condom

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +646/-27
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 11:00:44 AM »
I like how he throws out a number - 100,000 xians killed every year - without any kind of reference.  And of course breitbart just repeats it.

I also like how he also links these alleged killings for faith to "Religious freedom" being "beset by 'sectarianism, intolerance, terrorism and exclusionary laws,'" as if it is those of us who are secular doing all this killing.  Really it is other religious people.

the vatican also mentions killing their own (in an abstract sense)

http://www.news.va/en/news/oceaniapapua-new-guinea-sex-education-with-condom

It'd be cool to see a government stand up to a church by mandating accurate sex ed in order to run a school.  That would put the RCC out of the school business. 

I'd like to see our government do the same regarding hospitals.  Catholic hospitals account for something like a quarter of all hospitals in the US.  And they refuse to provide abortion, birth control and other reproductive services. 
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 11:08:41 AM »
I wondered about the 100k figure also - who does the RCC count in that number?  Is it only good catholics or do they count their fellow xian missionaries, etc? 

If they are losing 100k a year, no wonder the RCC doesn't want condoms passed out - it's a numbers game.  &)
If xian hell really exists, the stench of the burning billions of us should be a constant, putrid reminder to the handful of heavenward xians how loving your god is.  - neopagan