Author Topic: no crime justifies infinite punishment???  (Read 401 times)

Offline epidemic

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +61/-14
no crime justifies infinite punishment???
« on: May 24, 2013, 02:20:17 PM »
I can think of no crime that a fallable human (full of flaws by design ) could commit that would be worthy of infinite torture.  Even Hitler only killed so many people robbing them of so many years.  He was also obviously a broken person with many mental defects. 

Stalin, Lennin, Mao all comitted finite crimes.  In my opinion the worst examples of humanity do not deserve infinite punishment.

I can not imagine punishing my child for not believing in something I did.

lets look at it this way with a conversation with my daughter.

Daughter Jennifer  "Daddy I don't believe you were in the navy, that you know how to fix cars, and I even question if you are my father!!!"

Me "All those things are true,  I wont tell you any details but you need to trust me or else"

Jennifer "I have not seen a uniform, a picture, or any cars you have fixed"

Me "Ask pete"

Jennifer "who is pete I have never met pete"

Me "Well pete is some one who saw me do those things"

Jennifer "Well with all due respect I don't believe a fricking word you are saying, and I dont have any reason to believe Pete."

Me "Well then I am going put you in a lake of fire for all eternity"

Jennifer "I don't think you can do this"

Me "Well the day you die you will find out everything I said is true but it will be too late then I will torture you for eternity for not believing"

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
Re: no crime justifies infinite punishment???
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 02:45:11 PM »
If you want to see such absurdities played out in video format - check out nonstampcollector on youtube.

His video techniques are beyond simplistic and allow you to really concentrate on the sheer genius of his scripts - he basically has a couple describing what you do above.

Bottom line, I coudn't think of treating my children like yappyway does - it would never cross my mind to be that intentionally sadistic
If xian hell really exists, the stench of the burning billions of us should be a constant, putrid reminder to the handful of heavenward xians how loving your god is.  - neopagan

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 02:54:21 PM »
I thought he was talking about GITMO at 1st. ;)
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 03:04:52 PM »
I can think of no crime that a fallable human (full of flaws by design ) could commit that would be worthy of infinite torture.   

You've obviously never heard a Justin Bieber song...   ;)
If xian hell really exists, the stench of the burning billions of us should be a constant, putrid reminder to the handful of heavenward xians how loving your god is.  - neopagan

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 04:21:33 PM »
If there's anyone who deserves hell, it's the big man himself - YHWH. His crime is infinite (punishing everyone everywhere for all time), and so it "deserves" infinite punishment.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

Online 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +107/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 07:26:35 PM »
There would first have to be an afterlife......the people you mentioned ALL mass murderers either robbed people of their remaining years (children included) or if they has accepted Jesus as saviour the dead would be rewarded with eternal bliss. If there is no afterlife then the dead were robbed of everything,if there is an afterlife the dead were robbed of nothing as long as Jesus was in their life.

The fucked up thing in the Christian mythology is that the mass murderers and all the victims who failed to take Jesus would ALL suffer the fate of eternal damnation. Every victim would then be re-victimized by eternal torture,or being a believer,eternal bliss.
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)