Poll

This was the first name given to the AIDS virus, do you think GRID or AIDS was caused by gays

yes
0 (0%)
no
8 (61.5%)
yes, but spread by everyone
0 (0%)
no, it was spread by everyone
1 (7.7%)
just another gay bashing attempt
4 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: May 30, 2013, 09:11:41 PM

Author Topic: Gay-related immune deficiency  (Read 2213 times)

Online JeffPT

• Reader
  • Darwins +222/-0
  • I'm a lead farmer mutha fucka
Re: Gay-related immune deficiency
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2013, 08:27:58 AM »
HB, would you like a list of other STD's that were first found in heterosexuals, so you can ask us if straight people are the cause? 

Whenever events that are purported to occur in our best interest are as numerous as the events that will just as soon kill us, then intent is hard, if not impossible to assert. NDT

Online JeffPT

• Reader
  • Darwins +222/-0
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2013, 08:36:02 AM »
Jeff, if I am confusing anything, please set the record straight.
What record are you talkin about?

I'm actually still looking for an answer to my original question.  What exactly do you mean when you say 'caused by gays'? If you answer that, maybe I can help you out.
As indicated in paragraph two, in the United States AIDS was originally recognized in gay men; then obviously spread throughout the entire population.
Are you trying to say that 'initially recognized in' is synonymous with 'caused by'?
Whenever events that are purported to occur in our best interest are as numerous as the events that will just as soon kill us, then intent is hard, if not impossible to assert. NDT

Offline holybuckets

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +3/-34
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2013, 08:42:24 AM »
HB, would you like a list of other STD's that were first found in heterosexuals, so you can ask us if straight people are the cause?
Jeff,
Here is the point I was trying to make with this poll. Many atheists are homosexual- all are in denial.
About 40 million people have dies from the AIDS virus. There continue to be about 8000 deaths per day. Not one of you has shown any remorse or claimed any responsibility for homosexual activity being ANY impetus behind the disease.
Atheists have no moral code. They have created a god to fit around their lifestyle.
About 40 million deaths so far , compare that to some of the world's most despised leaders and tell me what is behind all of this.

Online wheels5894

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-1
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2013, 08:49:54 AM »
WHAT! Did I read that right?

Many atheists are homosexual- all are in denial.

Now where did you get this from HB? Where do you find out that many atheists are homosexual? the proportion of gay people in the population is a fairly static number and even, apparently, include high profile Christian leaders sometimes. Various church leaders in the USA have been found out with 'call boys' whilst in Scotland the former Cardinal resigned in a hurry when his 'activities' were revealed.

Now, of course, you can believe what you want, but I would expect the membership of this board to be broadly proportional to the numbers if gay / straight in the population. I am a married man and been married to the same person for nearly 37 years.

Now if you think that gay people brought the disease into the USA you may be right but you have to remember that no one even knew of the existence of the disease as such until after cases started popping up in the USA. Meanwhile other disease come in by a variety of ways and a variety of groups. You can hardly blame any one group for a disease that no one knew about - that is just silly.
No testimony is sufficient to establish a miracle, unless the testimony be of such that its falshood would be more miraculous than the facts it endeavours to establish. (David Hume)

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +375/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2013, 08:50:55 AM »
Jeff,
Here is the point I was trying to make with this poll. Many atheists are homosexual- all are in denial.
About 40 million people have dies from the AIDS virus. There continue to be about 8000 deaths per day. Not one of you has shown any remorse or claimed any responsibility for homosexual activity being ANY impetus behind the disease.
I am familiar with all of the words above.  The words even appear to form several sentences, yet...it is very difficult to actually understand anything here.  There is little to no cohesion in thought here.  It's bizarre.  Do you post using a game of conspiracy theory madlibs or something?
Atheists have no moral code. They have created a god to fit around their lifestyle.
About 40 million deaths so far , compare that to some of the world's most despised leaders and tell me what is behind all of this.
Yeah.  Holybuckets is a Poe.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/

Offline holybuckets

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +3/-34
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2013, 08:52:48 AM »
Jeff,
I am familiar with all of the words above.  The words even appear to form several sentences, yet...it is very difficult to actually understand anything here.  There is little to no cohesion in thought here.  It's bizarre.  Do you post using a game of conspiracy theory madlibs or something?
Great comeback- can you please post a rebuttal though?

Offline Mrjason

• Reader
  • Darwins +93/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2013, 08:56:09 AM »
Many atheists are homosexual- all are in denial.

I am intrigued by your ideas and would like to subscribe to your magazine.

Sources please

Offline Dante

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-9
  • Hedonist Extraordinaire
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2013, 08:58:00 AM »
Jeff,

In denial about what exactly?

You claimed cause, not impetus. They're 2 different words with completely different meanings.

Atheists have no moral code.

Theists have no brains.

They have created a god to fit around their lifestyle.

No, that's what theists do. We call it SPAG.

About 40 million deaths so far , <snip> and tell me what is behind all of this.

Lack of funding for the sciences.
Actually it doesn't. One could conceivably be all-powerful but not exceptionally intelligent.

Online JeffPT

• Reader
  • Darwins +222/-0
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2013, 08:58:59 AM »
Jeff,
There are so many things wrong with this that I don't even know where to start. It's like a stupidity buffet.  But since I'm on an iPhone right now, I'm going to have to let the others respond until later tonight. 

Feel free to shred this one folks.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2013, 09:05:44 AM »
What is the point of this poll/question?

Bigotry.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2013, 09:07:54 AM »
If we're going to go by the global statistics, AIDS is caused by black people.

Right, holybuckets?

Step further: gay black people.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +375/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2013, 09:16:15 AM »
Comeback?  I wasn't doing a 'tit-for-tat' response to you.  Rebuttal to what?  What you posted made no sense.

Is there some kind of Poe training school you go to?
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +563/-17
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2013, 10:07:30 AM »
Interesting claim.  Care to post any evidence for it?  Otherwise you're just going to crash and burn again, like you did in that other topic.

Quote from: holybuckets
About 40 million people have dies from the AIDS virus. There continue to be about 8000 deaths per day.
Certainly true.

Not one of you has shown any remorse or claimed any responsibility for homosexual activity being ANY impetus behind the disease.
Because there is no causative link between atheism and homosexuality.  Frankly, there isn't even a bad correlation between the two.

Which has nothing at all to do with your previous statements.  This is just your uninformed opinion, which shows how ignorant you are about atheism and atheists.

Next you'll be telling us that there was an atheist homosexual conspiracy where they deliberately got themselves infected with HIV (a disease that would inevitably kill them by stripping away their body's defenses against diseases) just so they could spread it and kill lots of people.  Amirite?

It's clear by now that the purpose of these topics you keep making is to yank the chains of atheists.  You aren't even slightly interested in real discourse - you just want to show that you're 'better' than the atheists by getting them to dance to your tune, riling them up so that you can feel morally superior.  However, this is just an illusion that exists in your own mind.  Even if you were actually able to get the goat of the atheists here, you wouldn't actually prove yourself to be anything more than a troll who's trying to push other people down so you can feel better about yourself.

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2013, 10:44:46 AM »
I am an agnostic atheist.  I identify with the LGBT community and am slightly to the "sensible shoes" side of the heterosexual/homosexual spectrum.

I have had formal HIV testing... Which was negative.  Interestingly, the reason I asked for the test is that I wanted to get a baseline test and ensure that I was "clean" after I left a monogamous heterosexual relationship, as My opposite-sex ex was unfaithful.

As for you, Holybuckets, rather than slandering gay people en masse, shouldn't you be asking your god why it created the HIV virus in the first place?
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2013, 11:00:18 AM »
Jeff,

Holybuckets, the only respond I can think of is to preach the words of Jesus to you.

Your post made a lot of judgments on homosexuals and atheists.  How did Jesus feel about being judgemental?

Matthew 7:1-5
Judge not, that ye be not judged.  For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.  And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?  Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?  Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Religious or not, this is pretty good advice.  Do you follow it?  I confess, I sometimes am quick to judge, though I do try to tell myself not to be that way.  What about you?

You clearly have an issue with homosexuals and atheists.  How would Jesus deal with this?

Matthew 5:43-48
Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.  But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;  That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.  For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?  And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?  Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

There you have it, Jesus said to be loving and non-judgemental.  Does the same apply to you and your feelings for those in the subject at hand?  If not, do you feel you could improve your attitude?

Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2013, 11:12:42 AM »
Guys/Girls, don't feed the troll.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2013, 11:18:28 AM »
Yeah! Feed me cookies!

-Nam

Offline wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +79/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2013, 11:26:00 AM »
Jeff,

The last is an extraordinary claim; please provide evidence.

As I seriously doubt any of the posters on this thread have deliberately spread AIDS, why should remorse or responsibility be shown? Shall we hold you responsible for the homophobic beliefs and actions of the Westboro Baptist Church? As others have pointed out, the virus probably entered the human population sometime in the 1930s. Homosexuals are simply the group where its symptoms were first widely recognized, and are hardly the only vector.

Atheism is the lack of a belief in deities. Atheists follow a variety of moral codes and lifestyles, most often some variation of their particular culture. The death toll of AIDS can be far more readily attributed to a combination of ignorance, lack of medical research and outright lies, such as the despicable claim by the Catholic church that condoms do not help prevent spreading the virus.

It's clear by now that the purpose of these topics you keep making is to yank the chains of atheists.  You aren't even slightly interested in real discourse - you just want to show that you're 'better' than the atheists by getting them to dance to your tune, riling them up so that you can feel morally superior.  However, this is just an illusion that exists in your own mind.  Even if you were actually able to get the goat of the atheists here, you wouldn't actually prove yourself to be anything more than a troll who's trying to push other people down so you can feel better about yourself.

Yeah. Unless and until you display some reading comprehension and critical thinking skills holybuckets, I don't see any point in engaging with you further. Even if it's not deliberate, your beliefs are so heavily compartmentalized that meaningful debate is pretty much impossible.

Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline Mooby

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
  • So it goes.
    • Is God Imaginary?
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2013, 02:59:33 PM »
AIDS was first called GRID. Gay Related Immune Deficiency.
No it wasn't.  It was initially called Kaposi's Sarcoma and Opportunistic Infections (KSOI) in 1981.  GRID didn't show up until 1982, and was replaced by AIDS in that same year when it became clear that the disease was not limited to homosexuals. 

GRID wasn't the first name, it wasn't the last name, it wasn't an accurate name, and it wasn't a particularly long-lived name.  Do your research before making stupid threads.
"I'm doing science and I'm still alive."--J.C.

Offline holybuckets

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +3/-34
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2013, 06:22:23 PM »
Comeback?  I wasn't doing a 'tit-for-tat' response to you.  Rebuttal to what?  What you posted made no sense.

Is there some kind of Poe training school you go to?
Do you have a rebuttal for the gay community avoiding responsibility in deaths caused by aids? And, claiming that heterosexuals spread the disease as well does not alleviate your responsibility. Granted, they should share.

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +563/-17
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2013, 06:38:41 PM »
Do you have a rebuttal for the gay community avoiding responsibility in deaths caused by aids? And, claiming that heterosexuals spread the disease as well does not alleviate your responsibility. Granted, they should share.
Until you actually learn something about this disease, perhaps you should refrain from such inane positions.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2013, 06:40:23 PM »
Until you actually learn something about this disease, perhaps you should refrain from such inane positions.

He should just refrain period.

-Nam

Offline holybuckets

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +3/-34
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2013, 06:51:42 PM »
Are you guys serious? 40 million people are dead. Over 8000 die each year of AIDS and you are in complete denial. Not one of you have fessed up to the fact that homosexuals are ONE BIT responsible for this.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2013, 06:57:46 PM »
Holybuckets,

They didn't create it. They are not the cause of it. That's your whole basis and yes none of us agree with that because they didn't cause it and they didn't create it.

So, and I believe I speak for many here: SHUT THE FUCK UP!

-Nam
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 07:02:41 PM by pianodwarf »

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2013, 06:58:06 PM »
How I missed this thread for almost a full day is beyond me.  I must not have had enough coffee this morning or something.  My apologies to those offended.

Thread, needless to say, is locked.
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn