Author Topic: Christian website claims that masturbation is bad for your health.  (Read 4670 times)

Offline jynnan tonnix

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-1
Re: Christian website claims that masturbation is bad for your health.
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2013, 10:19:06 PM »
It was a little bit confusing to me as a teen because, as more or less a late-bloomer geek type, I had a sketchy sense of what all the fuss was about to begin with, but as a female, none of the bits and pieces which DID filter down seemed to really have a whole lot of relevance. But I did get the sense, even though I was more a non-believer than otherwise at this point, that fiddling with stuff "down there" was a bad, bad thing which should be confessed, repented and given up.  I think I managed to cop to "impure thoughts" during confession once, but was certainly not going to go into any more detail than that. Also, I always had the notion, much as everything I had heard on the matter was so male-oriented, that I was terribly corrupt, and doing  things which would never occur to the average girl. As I recall, it took me a number of years to even admit it to my best friend who had already been sexually active for quite some time. Masturbation, though, specifically when it came to girls, seemed more hidden, more taboo, and dirtier just by virtue of never being openly spoken of.

(edited to attempt clarification)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 10:23:28 PM by jynnan tonnix »

Offline Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +85/-2
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2013, 05:14:38 AM »
and guess what these are:

Yikes ... reminds me of anti-thumb-sucking devices from the (get this) seventies! (yes, the 1970s) don't have a picture handy but it was like a miniature trident implanted in the roof of the mouth with the spikes pointing backwards.
Science: I'll believe it when I see it
Faith: I'll see it when I believe it

Schrodinger's thunderdome! One cat enters and one MIGHT leave!

Without life, god has no meaning.

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2013, 04:11:45 PM »
You know, it might just be because I tend to read left wing pinko progressive stuff, and I cannot cite the source because I don't remember, but I know a while back I read that orgasms were actually really good for the body.  Something about extra oxygen to the brain and getting your heart going just like aerobic exercise, and pumping endorphins (or something like that) into your system. 

And the Curiosity Series did a wonderful piece on the female orgasm, and I know they did brain scans during orgasm, and I don't remember the details, but there was a point during which various parts of the brain "lit up" indicating increased activity in that part of the brain (and I keep wanting to say increased oxygen, but I might be remembering that from somewhere else), in the period immediately preceding the orgasm.  Now I just don't understand how any of this could be bad.   

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2013, 04:13:53 PM »
You know, it might just be because I tend to read left wing pinko progressive stuff, and I cannot cite the source because I don't remember, but I know a while back I read that orgasms were actually really good for the body.  Something about extra oxygen to the brain and getting your heart going just like aerobic exercise, and pumping endorphins (or something like that) into your system. 

And the Curiosity Series did a wonderful piece on the female orgasm, and I know they did brain scans during orgasm, and I don't remember the details, but there was a point during which various parts of the brain "lit up" indicating increased activity in that part of the brain (and I keep wanting to say increased oxygen, but I might be remembering that from somewhere else), in the period immediately preceding the orgasm.  Now I just don't understand how any of this could be bad.
It's not bad until you introduce religion into the mix.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2013, 04:15:52 PM »
<snip>
Something about extra oxygen to the brain
<snip>

I heard that in "House, MD" as well.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2013, 11:28:32 AM »
Circumcision gained its popularity among non-Jewish families in the USA in large part because "they" believed it would lessen or eliminate masturbation*.  So now we're stuck with an unnecessary, painful, traumatic, and sometimes dangerous cosmetic surgery for our infants because of religious idiocy. I swear we're living in the dark ages and just don't know it.

*Yes, I know the cleanliness arguments too ... both have been thoroughly debunked and many places are starting to make circumcision illegal.
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline stokessd

• Novice
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member

The website didn't touch on some of the other risks, like RSI and Carpal Tunnel.   ;D

If masturbating causes blindness etc, I'd have lost my eyes by age 17.  That was the best discovery of my life, it never fails to please.  As an old friend said, "No-one treats you better than you"

Sheldon