Author Topic: Where did you get your username from?  (Read 2770 times)

Offline DumpsterFire

• Graduate
  • Darwins +61/-0
  • The Flaming Duck of Death!
Re: Where did you get your username from?
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2013, 12:24:10 AM »
Weren't you in Game of Thrones?
I'm not sure about any Game of Thrones connection, but I got "Duck of Death" from the movie Unforgiven.
Providing rednecks with sunblock since 1996.

I once met a man who claimed to be a genius, then boasted that he was a member of "Mesa".

Think for yourself.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +685/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2013, 07:15:17 AM »
^ genius movie.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2013, 02:05:45 PM »
Mine is from an idea I've had for a short story (which I keep telling myself I'll write someday, but probably won't) about a man whose lifelong dream is to be able to play the piano, but he can't because he's a dwarf -- his legs are too short to reach the pedals, and his arms and fingers aren't long enough to play the keys properly.

Someone sent me this to "inspire" me - but all I could think of was your story... maybe this will help you... 

http://www.chriserrera.com/
If xian hell really exists, the stench of the burning billions of us should be a constant, putrid reminder to the handful of heavenward xians how loving your god is.  - neopagan

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappĂ©
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2013, 02:23:14 PM »
Mine is from an idea I've had for a short story (which I keep telling myself I'll write someday, but probably won't) about a man whose lifelong dream is to be able to play the piano, but he can't because he's a dwarf -- his legs are too short to reach the pedals, and his arms and fingers aren't long enough to play the keys properly.

Someone sent me this to "inspire" me - but all I could think of was your story... maybe this will help you... 

http://www.chriserrera.com/

There was also a guest star on an episode of "Law and Order: Special Victims Unit" who was a dwarf... about four foot one or so, if memory serves.  When I looked her up on IMDb, it turned out that she was also a piano player.  There was another dwarf who played the piano as well that I read about.

All of this basically lets the air out of my story idea.  It probably wasn't a very good idea in the first place.  Others pointed out flaws with it as well that I hadn't even thought about.
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2013, 02:45:44 PM »
All of this basically lets the air out of my story idea.  It probably wasn't a very good idea in the first place.  Others pointed out flaws with it as well that I hadn't even thought about.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to deflate the idea.  Still has potential - especially from a dark angle!
If xian hell really exists, the stench of the burning billions of us should be a constant, putrid reminder to the handful of heavenward xians how loving your god is.  - neopagan

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +286/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2013, 02:48:33 PM »

If a perfect story were possible, it would be the best story ever written. All stories have plot holes. Sometimes minor, other major, but they exist everywhere.
If you want, I could volunteer as a beta reader for your story, and maybe even give you ideas.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Spit

• Student
  • Darwins +8/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2013, 08:20:41 PM »
I was Spit out.  ;D

Offline Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +85/-2
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2013, 01:26:43 AM »
I was Spit out.  ;D

Is THAT what the ancient Greeks meant when they said Athena sprang from Zeus' head fully formed ... she was hacked up?
Science: I'll believe it when I see it
Faith: I'll see it when I believe it

Schrodinger's thunderdome! One cat enters and one MIGHT leave!

Without life, god has no meaning.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +325/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2013, 02:00:33 AM »
Explains why she got wet all the time. ;)

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Online bertatberts

• Reader
  • Darwins +52/-8
  • Humanists. Not perfect. Not forgiven. Responsible.
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2013, 05:36:06 AM »
My user name stems from this, my first name is Albert, everybody calls me Bert, apart from my wife who calls me Albie. I do everything from my home so, hence Bert at Bert's I was going to put "house" at the end, but it seemed to long.  Sad aren't I.
We theists have no evidence for our beliefs. So no amount of rational evidence will dissuade us from those beliefs. - JCisall

It would be pretty piss poor brainwashing, if the victims knew they were brainwashed, wouldn't it? - Screwtape. 04/12/12

Offline Shankly

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2013, 06:02:05 AM »

Offline jynnan tonnix

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-1
« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2013, 06:21:35 AM »
My user name stems from this, my first name is Albert, everybody calls me Bert, apart from my wife who calls me Albie. I do everything from my home so, hence Bert at Bert's I was going to put "house" at the end, but it seemed to long.  Sad aren't I.

Until seeing this, I had never even registered the extra "t" in the middle, and had always read it as Bertaberts.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2013, 07:22:24 AM »

Hi Shankly.

I was recently roaming youtube soccer videos, and re-lived Mark Viduka putting 4 past Liverpool for Leeds.

Can you guess I'm Australian.  ;D
Go on up you baldhead.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2013, 07:23:10 AM »

Until seeing this, I had never even registered the extra "t" in the middle, and had always read it as Bertaberts.

Same here.
Go on up you baldhead.

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappĂ©
« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2013, 07:32:58 AM »

Same here.

So did I.  Weird.
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Online bertatberts

• Reader
  • Darwins +52/-8
  • Humanists. Not perfect. Not forgiven. Responsible.
« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2013, 09:23:23 AM »

Isn't that strange, I wondered why people did that. I thought they were just being humorous. Well it seems you are in very good company, in your error.
We theists have no evidence for our beliefs. So no amount of rational evidence will dissuade us from those beliefs. - JCisall

It would be pretty piss poor brainwashing, if the victims knew they were brainwashed, wouldn't it? - Screwtape. 04/12/12

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +286/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2013, 10:14:00 AM »
I also didn't notice the "t", until I was replying to another user about one of bertatberts's posts and decided to copy/paste his name, just to be on the safe side.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2013, 06:54:27 PM »
Well it seems you are in very good company, in your error.

Aw shucks, you old sweet talker you :-[

Go on up you baldhead.