Author Topic: Male vs Female atheists  (Read 1501 times)

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Male vs Female atheists
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2013, 01:25:51 PM »
You know, I have two good friends with kids my daughter's age who are atheist  women, raising their daughters in secular homes.  One of them spends a lot of time on the internet, and I've talked with her about this forum.  She thinks it is a silly topic for a forum.  In her words, "Atheism is the default position.  What else is there to say about it?"

My sweet father was an outspoken, rabid atheist.  My mom didn't really talk about it much.  She self-identified as an agnostic.  Sometimes accompanied my dad to atheist conferences and whatnot.  Sometimes didn't.   She certainly didn't believe in deities or an afterlife or any religious silliness.  But, I guess, like my friend, she really didn't have much to say on the topic.  Her non-belief in the supernatural just wasn't that big a part of her life, which was dominated by her love of family, literature, social justice, gardening, travel, linguistics, community, and all of the other things that were just really important to her. 

I like this forum because the discourse here reminds me of my dad.  And now that I think about it, the men with whom he discussed and debated with.  It was rarely women who went into that "logical mode" that he so much enjoyed.  It was mostly men who dismantled doctrines and belief systems.  Even in the company of atheist women.   

Offline Ron Jeremy

• Graduate
  • Darwins +49/-2
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Male vs Female atheists
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2013, 06:39:16 AM »
Had a brief discussion about religion in the evening at my last BBQ, out of the six couples present only 3 people said they believed in Christian god, all three were women. The rest of folks I think were 'don't cares'. As the father of 3 daughters I'd be so saddened if my daughters ever started to follow that misogynistic nonsense, however I think it'll be ok as when anyone asks my ten year old daughter if she believes in god not only does she say 'no', she also explains why there isn't one!
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - An example of a clearly demonstrably false biblical 'prophesy'.

The biblical myth of a 6000 year old Earth is proven false by the Gaia satellite directly measuring star age.