Author Topic: Neat trick for ex-pentecostals and charismatics  (Read 762 times)

Offline Heisenburger

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • WTFWJD?
Neat trick for ex-pentecostals and charismatics
« on: May 31, 2013, 03:29:06 PM »
I won't beat a dead source horse with more links to glossalalia, aka speaking in tongues. I will say it's proven to be a learned trait, and a trait you can use to learn some fundies. Speaking in tongues is a gift from and evidence of the baptism of the holy spirit, Christ's brother-in-law who always crashes on your couch. The next time someone uses this "language" as proof against you, simply blaspheme the holy spirit (the unforgivable sin). Surprise! You can still speak in tongues, although you'll feel like an complete lunatic doing it. It's either a cheap parlor trick of the mind, or the holy spirit is as laid back as the Dude.....
“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.”  -Richard Pryor

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +196/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
Re: Neat trick for ex-pentecostals and charismatics
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 10:01:04 AM »
^^^That's a great visual  ;D
"It's hard to, but I'm starting to believe some of you actually believe these things.  That is completely beyond my ability to understand if that is really the case, but things never cease to amaze me."

Offline shnozzola

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 10:10:35 AM »
...... as laid back as the Dude.....

“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White
  The real holy trinity:  onion, celery, and bell pepper ~  all Cajun Chefs

Offline Lectus

• Graduate
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • The messiah of mental freedom
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 07:44:25 PM »
I won't beat a dead source horse with more links to glossalalia, aka speaking in tongues. I will say it's proven to be a learned trait, and a trait you can use to learn some fundies. Speaking in tongues is a gift from and evidence of the baptism of the holy spirit, Christ's brother-in-law who always crashes on your couch. The next time someone uses this "language" as proof against you, simply blaspheme the holy spirit (the unforgivable sin). Surprise! You can still speak in tongues, although you'll feel like an complete lunatic doing it. It's either a cheap parlor trick of the mind, or the holy spirit is as laid back as the Dude.....

I don't see why anyone thinks speaking a random tongue that doesn't even need to make sense is something special.

For example:
Avasharasharaparukatiuta hasharubatietatupia

Do I have any gift from God? lol
Religion: The belief that an all powerful God or gods created the entire universe so that we tiny humans can be happy. And we also make war about it.