Author Topic: Gun Fails  (Read 17232 times)

screwtape and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +618/-23
  • Karma mooch
Re: Gun Fails
« Reply #609 on: March 27, 2014, 09:57:28 AM »
gun fail 61
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/03/19/1283152/-Spring-Break-2014-Girls-Gone-to-the-Hospital-GunFAIL-LXI

from that: http://wreg.com/2014/03/19/bartlett-officers-did-not-shoot-man-in-memphis/
SWAT team enters house.  Bad guy accidentally shoots another bad guy.  SWAT team shoots at them 10 times and misses Every. Single. Time.  Either the SWAT team is lying OR they need more practive.  I guess the "Special" in SWAT is akin to the "Special" in "Special Education".

In the newly insane state of North Carolina, a mistaken address by the pizza delivery man leads to a shootout.
http://www.fayobserver.com/news/local/article_0c756fde-01b3-55e4-acb1-ac4401809958.html
tough to say who was the good guy here.  I would prefer they were both disarmed and deported.

one of my faves: cop is chasing someone and his gun accidentally goes off. yay cops.
http://kdvr.com/2014/03/11/woman-injured-while-police-chase-suspect-into-apartment-complex/
Cops do not lose their jobs often enough.

gun fail 62
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/03/27/1285030/-Love-means-never-having-to-say-I-m-sorry-I-accidentally-shot-you-Or-myself-GunFAIL-LXII

gun fail that does not include a gun.
http://www.kjonline.com/news/Norridgewock_man_with_gun_tattoo_wakes_up_to_armed_police_.html
"Smith did have a gun. It was tattooed on his stomach. The tattoo of the life-size handgun is positioned on Smith’s body to look as if the barrel of the gun is tucked into the waist of his pants."

these make me nuts:
http://www.wwltv.com/news/18-year-old-survives--250626791.html
"An 18-year-old man who was shot in the head ...possibly from someone target shooting in the area."

http://www.thetimesnews.com/news/top-news/stray-bullet-injures-man-in-mother-s-home-1.293683
"Target shooting over the weekend went wrong when a stray bullet passed through a door and struck a man in the ankle."
another responsible gun owner with an AR-15.  Also in NC, btw.

North Carolinians are fcking up sht out of state as well:
http://www.pressconnects.com/article/20140321/NEWS01/303210050/Police-Man-accidentally-shot-self-after-being-handed-loaded-firearm?nclick_check=1
"Officers found Aaron Cerecke, 24, of North Carolina, had accidentally shot himself in the hand and leg after being handed a loaded firearm by his girlfriend, police said."

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
« Reply #610 on: March 27, 2014, 02:25:17 PM »
gun fail 63

Sen. Yee

Sept. 12, 2013   SB 374   Prohibits Semiautomatic Rifles with Detachable Magazines   Concurrence Vote Passed - Senate
(21 - 15)   Yea
Sept. 12, 2013   SB 755   Expands List of Crimes that Disqualify an Individual from Firearm Ownership   Concurrence Vote Passed - Senate
(25 - 12)   Yea
Sept. 10, 2013   AB 48   Prohibits Large-Capacity Magazines and Large-Capacity Conversion Kits   Bill Passed - Senate
(22 - 14)   Yea
Sept. 9, 2013   AB 711   Prohibits Lead Ammunition for Hunting   Bill Passed - Senate
(23 - 15)   Yea
May 29, 2013   SB 53   Requires Background Checks for the Purchase of Ammunition   Bill Passed - Senate
(23 - 15)   Yea
May 16, 2013   SB 552   Authorizes a Violence Awareness Component of School Curriculum   Bill Passed - Senate
(29 - 7)   Yea

https://votesmart.org/candidate/key-votes/28969/leland-yee#.UzR6Lvk7zE0

Federal prosecutors unsealed an indictment against state Sen. Leland Yee in court Wednesday, accusing him of conspiring to commit wire fraud and traffic firearms.

In all, 26 people, including former school board president Keith Jackson, were indicted on charges related to an extensive crime ring headed by well-known Chinatown figure Raymond Chow, who was also arrested and charged Wednesday.
The indictment alleges Yee and Jackson defrauded "citizens of honest services" and were involved in a scheme to traffic firearms in exchange for thousands in campaign donations to the senator.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-sen-yee-indictment-unsealed-20140326,0,7238867.story#ixzz2xBzOj4op

« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 02:53:46 PM by Mr. Blackwell »
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Online screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +618/-23
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #611 on: March 27, 2014, 10:25:35 PM »
What is the point of that post, Blackwell?  How does that match with this thread?  Do you fail to grasp the point of this thread?

You post a legislator who has put forth numerous proposals for limiting gun ownership (eminently reasonable, I n my opinion) and the fact he was caught doing bad things.  Pretend I am stupid.  Connect the dots for me.  It appears to just be an ad hominim attack.   Even supposing he is guilty does not make him wrong about guns.

So you have your work cut out for you.
1. Show how your post is on point
2. Show how your point is not a feeble fallacy

I'm happy to see you around, Jay.  But this was a very lazy, piss poor post at best.  Do better.

edit: threat --> thread

Edit:  Forgive me, Jay.  I am an insufferable ass.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 01:08:08 PM by screwtape »
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

Offline Dante

• Reader
  • Darwins +70/-8
  • Hedonist Extraordinaire
« Reply #612 on: March 28, 2014, 02:51:55 PM »
What is the point of that post, Blackwell?  How does that match with this thread?  Do you fail to grasp the point of this thread?

I'm not Jay, obviously, but can I try?

You post a legislator who has put forth numerous proposals for limiting gun ownership (eminently reasonable, I n my opinion)

Commie liberal gun grabber....

and the fact he was caught doing bad things.

....trafficing guns!

Even supposing he is guilty does not make him wrong about guns.

But you have to admit, it is a fairly monumental fail on the Senator's part, featuring guns.
Actually it doesn't. One could conceivably be all-powerful but not exceptionally intelligent.

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
« Reply #613 on: March 28, 2014, 04:54:16 PM »
What is the point of that post, Blackwell?  How does that match with this thread?

Mostly this

But you have to admit, it is a fairly monumental fail on the Senator's part, featuring guns.

Do you fail to grasp the point of this thread?

Maybe. I figured the point of this thread was to make fun of "responsible" gun owners by showing how irresponsible people are when it comes to guns. In my opinion it's tantamount to jaywalking[1] where only the idiots get the spotlight. This thread is not representative of all gun owners. This thread is a comedy act. It's a dark comedy in that it necessarily involves stories of personal injury and death, lightly seasoned with occasional race baiting projected as humor as well.

1. Show how your post is on point

A state lawmaker heavily involved in limiting individual access to arms and ammunition is busted trying to arrange an illegal arms[2] deal with undercover FBI agents in connection with a sting operation.

2. Show how your point is not a feeble fallacy

I'm not arguing that guns are harmless. I merely presented a monumentally colossal gun fail. It shows the arrogance and stupidity of someone trying to enrich themselves by attempting to facilitate an illegal arms transaction. Basically we have here a thread which highlights the danger of guns and the stupidity of some gun owners. I posted a comment which poorly attempted to highlight the stupidity of a lawmaker who thinks he is above the law and was willing to put the general public, which he was tasked to protect and serve, in danger by putting more guns on the streets in exchange for campaign donations so that he could run for State Attorney. 

I'm happy to see you around, Jay.  But this was a very lazy, piss poor post at best.  Do better.

Thank you. I am happy to be back. I have gotten lazy and I apologize, I will try to do better.

1. http://videolicious.tv/2009/06/the-best-of-jaywalking-final-jay-leno-tonight-show/#.UzXpxvk7zE0
 2. Including shoulder fired rocket launchers
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Online screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +618/-23
  • Karma mooch
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
« Reply #615 on: March 30, 2014, 04:21:19 PM »
Forgive me, Jay.  I am an insufferable ass.

No worries. I am too.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #616 on: March 31, 2014, 11:11:54 AM »
We should have an insufferable ass club. Screwtape can be the president, Mr. Blackwell the vice, and I'll be the treasurer. Give me your dues, bitches!

;)

-Nam
This is my signature "Nam", don't I have nice typing skills?

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +783/-4
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #617 on: March 31, 2014, 03:04:57 PM »
We should have an insufferable ass club. Screwtape can be the president, Mr. Blackwell the vice, and I'll be the treasurer. Give me your dues, bitches!

;)

-Nam

Your logo will be a smiley face getting punched by a fist. Your secret handshake will involve raised middle fingers.  ;)
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Online screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +618/-23
  • Karma mooch
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

Online screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +618/-23
  • Karma mooch
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

Online screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +618/-23
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #620 on: April 09, 2014, 03:39:44 PM »
I love the local gun fails.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/accidental-shooting-nra-event

A New Jersey man accidentally shot himself in the leg at a Pennsylvania event put on by the National Rifle Association, police told the Lehigh Valley Live.

The man was at the Lower Saucon Township gun range for a program organized by the Steel City Gun Club and the Bethlehem City Police Department, along with the NRA. Multiple police agencies were participating in the event.

Bethlehem police Deputy Chief Todd Repsher said the man was taken to a local hospital where he was treated for non-life threatening injuries.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +783/-4
« Reply #621 on: April 09, 2014, 04:13:23 PM »
What do these responsible gun [fail] owners tell people later when they are asked how they got shot? I am talking about the people who heard a noise and shot themselves, not the gun cleaning and gun dropping and fell while holding gun and gun left in child's reach fails.

Not trying to rouse the sleeping beast of Mr. Blackwell (again) but I wonder how many folks make up a "I saw a black or brown bad guy trying to break in and I grabbed the gun" story....

Seriously, who says, "I was an idiot and it could have been much worse, so I should not own a gun," after one of these gun fail episodes. After all, it could have been that black or brown bad guy who was trying to break in, and it will definitely be him next time.

So, stay locked and loaded. Even at the airport. &)

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Online screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +618/-23
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #622 on: April 10, 2014, 08:14:31 AM »
Not trying to rouse the sleeping beast of Mr. Blackwell (again) but I wonder how many folks make up a "I saw a black or brown bad guy trying to break in and I grabbed the gun" story....

a lot of them.  That is usually in the gun fail.  It is usually a kid or a felon who shouldn't have a gun in the first place.  Though, sometimes it is just someone too embarrassed to admit they shot themselves or a friend by accident.  I would estimate (off the top of my head, so don't hold me to it) a good 20-30% of the people who accidentally shoot themselves claim they were shot in a drive-by or a home invader and later get caught in the lie.  That number could be way high or way low and if anyone wants to sort through them and correct me, I'd be grateful.

Seriously, who says, "I was an idiot and it could have been much worse, so I should not own a gun," after one of these gun fail episodes.

I've only seen two.  One was a guy who accidentally shot his kid through a wall, was a former marine and weapon instructor.  He didn't use those words, but did say it was a particularly hard event for him because of those credentials.  I do not remember the details of the other, so I may be misremembering.

gun fail 64
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/04/09/1288273/-TX-town-s-mayor-can-t-support-concealed-carry-By-which-I-mean-he-dropped-his-gun-GunFAIL-LXIV

we average about 40 gun fails a week.  After 64 if these, that makes 2560 reported accidents in a little over a year.  I cannot estimate how many go unreported. 

Also, to NGFM's point, in this week's preamble:
A fairly common occurrence which I haven't tracked all that closely happened three times this past week, that is, those who accidentally shoot themselves or others and then attempt to concoct cover stories for the police. Because responsible. But the cops know nobody's perfect. After all, just as many of them had their own GunFAIL episodes last week.

So it looks like my off-the-cuff estimate is high.  Slightly less than 10% over the last two weeks. Still, that would peg it at about 200 instances over the 64 gun fails. (see #7)

I love #3 -  the state rep in OK shot a hunting partner.  FREEDOM!
#9 accident at a gun show.  It's not a gun show until someone accidentally discharges a gun.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +783/-4
« Reply #623 on: April 10, 2014, 04:01:57 PM »
Yeah, the "an intruder shot me, in the top of my own buttock, aiming downwards, at very close range" is probably the most common excuse. We had a case here a while back of a kid, 14 or 15 who claimed--at first--that he had been shot by a gang member in just such a fashion. 

Police determined that said gang member would have had to be standing over the boy on a stepladder with the gun resting on the boy's upper back for that to have happened. And, yeah, the kid should never have had a gun in the first place.

Is seems like gun shows should only display unloaded weapons, or have blanks or something instead of live ammo in the guns they are selling. You have to assume that some of the people looking at, examining and even buying the guns have little or no training in how to use them properly.

Why do guns at the shows have to be loaded? Are gun shows at special risk of sudden daylight robbery? Are participants afraid that President Obama[1] will storm the building and confiscate the weapons they just bought, so they should be loaded and ready?

If I wanted to learn about guns in a safe manner, you would think that a gun show, shooting range or even a training class run by police would be a good bet. But the folks who claim to be the experts screw up and shoot people. The more I read about gun fails the more wary I am of being around guns, period.  :( :o
 1.  and a posse composed of New Black Panthers, illegal immigrants and UN troops

Online screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +618/-23
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #624 on: April 11, 2014, 07:54:09 AM »
You have to assume that some of the people looking at, examining and even buying the guns have little or no training in how to use them properly.

WHAT????  No, no.  They are all Responsible Gun OwnersTM.  It's just that even they sometimes have totally understandable and completely minor accidents occasionally that totally do not warrant precluding them from owing guns. 

So a gun goes off at what is essentially an indoor flea market[1] with people everywhere?  Big deal.  No one was killed and it was just an accident.  It happens[2].

1. or a school, or a restaurant, or the Kentucky state house, or, you know, wherever...
 2. http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20140108/NEWS0101/301080097
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

Offline Dante

• Reader
  • Darwins +70/-8
  • Hedonist Extraordinaire
« Reply #625 on: April 11, 2014, 08:33:23 AM »
Is seems like gun shows should only display unloaded weapons, or have blanks or something instead of live ammo in the guns they are selling.

They are, at least in CO, supposed to be unloaded. I cant speak to the guys that pre-pay for a spot and set up tables and such, but for the guy off the street entering the show, there used to be a security person doing verification that any weapon brought in was in fact unloaded. Most of the vendors at the tables have their weapons tagged out, so the trigger operation is disabled as well. And if memory serves, those brought in from the street were similarly disabled. I would hope that hasn't changed, but it's been some time since I've attended a show. I've been to more than a few, and I've never encountered a loaded gun. And yes, it baffles me too that anyone would think they need to be strapped at a friggin' gun show.

Common sense is so uncommon these days.
Actually it doesn't. One could conceivably be all-powerful but not exceptionally intelligent.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +783/-4
« Reply #626 on: April 11, 2014, 03:39:48 PM »
What is the response to a gun going off at a gun show?

I imagine initial reactions of shock and fear, then nervous laughter if nobody was badly hurt, followed by discussions of how to downplay the incident so wimpy liberals can't use the occasional accident as an excuse to take their guns.

Blame the gunfire on that mysterious disappearing bad guy, the 15 year old urban gangbanger who shows up at suburban gun shows and shoots law-abiding patriots. In the leg, foot or a$$ from directly above the wound.  &)

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
« Reply #627 on: April 12, 2014, 03:45:33 PM »
What is the response to a gun going off at a gun show?

I imagine initial reactions of shock and fear, then nervous laughter if nobody was badly hurt, followed by discussions of how to downplay the incident so wimpy liberals can't use the occasional accident as an excuse to take their guns.

Blame the gunfire on that mysterious disappearing bad guy, the 15 year old urban gangbanger who shows up at suburban gun shows and shoots law-abiding patriots. In the leg, foot or a$$ from directly above the wound.  &)

There's a HUGE gun show in Orlando twice a year, and in fine print on one of the signs it said, "guns and other firearms must be unloaded at all times".

I just looked at a website promoting gun shows in Orlando and it says (mobile version):

All cartridge guns must be tied and all actions open. All clips and magazines must be removed. All guns must be unloaded and tied to render them non-fireable. This includes long guns and guns in all cases (Including under glass) and must be done prior to the show opening. You are also required to have extra ties on hand to put on guns you buy and ones that are cut off to show the customers. You must recheck all guns periodically to ensure that all are tied. Gun ties are available at the registration desk and are sold at cost. Always point guns toward ceiling when checking them, never point towards anyone. If a gun is fired or a loaded gun is found at your table you will be evicted from this and all future shows with no refund, you will also face the possibility of criminal prosecution.

-Nam

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +783/-4
« Reply #628 on: April 13, 2014, 03:11:09 PM »
^^^Good to know. So, what's the deal with people getting shot? Are they just idiots who don't follow the common sense rules?

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
« Reply #629 on: April 14, 2014, 02:16:27 PM »
^^^Good to know. So, what's the deal with people getting shot? Are they just idiots who don't follow the common sense rules?

At gun shows or in general? If the latter: people are naturally idiots, give them a gun and see how idiotic they'll get.

-Nam

Offline smokemonster

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #630 on: April 18, 2014, 11:19:02 PM »
Case in point and in the news today -  California law enforcement officer tried to draw his pistol to shoot a dog that was barking at him and shot himself in the leg.  Thankfully, the dog wasn't harmed and posed no threat to the officer after the incident.

Online screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +618/-23
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #631 on: April 21, 2014, 08:26:55 AM »
gun fail 65
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/04/17/1289958/-Sometimes-hen-I-get-nervous-I-hold-my-gun-squeeze-my-fingers-closed-like-this-BLAM-GunFAIL-LXV
Another week heavy on the self-shootings. We have 40 total listings, and 21 of them involve people accidentally shooting themselves.

Seven of our listings involved law enforcement officers, active duty military, or security guards. Their seven accidents wounded three and killed two, including the astonishing death of a Marine guard posted at the entrance to Camp Lejeune, NC, accidentally shot by the other guard with whom he was standing duty.

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

Offline shnozzola

« Reply #632 on: April 21, 2014, 07:50:34 PM »
Retired Justice Stevens: Make 6 Changes to Constitution

In the aftermath of the Connecticut school shootings that left 20 first-graders and six educators dead, retired Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens began thinking about ways to prevent a repeat.

The result is Stevens' new book — his second since retiring from the court at age 90 — in which he calls for no fewer than six changes to the Constitution, of which two are directly related to guns. Others would abolish the death penalty, make it easier to limit spending on elections and rein in partisan drawing of electoral districts.

"I'd think the chance of changing the Second Amendment is pretty remote," Stevens said. "The purpose is to cause further reflection over a period of time because it seems to me with ample time and ample reflection, people in the United States would come to the same conclusion that people in other countries have."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/justice-stevens-make-6-changes-constitution-n86196
“I wanna go ice fishing on Europa, and see if something swims up to the camera lens and licks it.”- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Online screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +618/-23
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #633 on: April 22, 2014, 08:12:13 AM »
thanks, Schnozz.  A little more in depth on that one:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-five-extra-words-that-can-fix-the-second-amendment/2014/04/11/f8a19578-b8fa-11e3-96ae-f2c36d2b1245_story.html?hpid=z6
The Second Amendment expressly endorsed the substantive common-law rule that protected the citizen’s right (and duty) to keep and bear arms when serving in a state militia. In its decision in Heller, however, the majority interpreted the amendment as though its draftsmen were primarily motivated by an interest in protecting the common-law right of self-defense. But that common-law right is a procedural right that has always been available to the defendant in criminal proceedings in every state. The notion that the states were concerned about possible infringement of that right by the federal government is really quite absurd.

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

Online screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +618/-23
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #634 on: April 25, 2014, 01:12:08 PM »
gun fail 66
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/04/25/1291704/-Did-you-notice-Three-pre-schoolers-accidentally-shot-other-kids-last-week-GunFAIL-LXVI
Another weird and wild week, with 17 accidental self-shootings, six "home invasion" shootings, five cop GunFAILs, three hunting accidents, three target shooting accidents, two gun cleaning accidents, and 12 kids accidentally shot, four of them by other young kids.

Yes, the average age of the shooters in those four accidents was just 6-years-old.

edit:
cop fails are always fun

http://www.davisclipper.com/view/full_story/24955737/article-M-16-rifle-found-in-deputy-s-possession
"The mystery of a missing M-16 rifle from the Davis County Sheriff's Office has been solved."

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014/04/16/sheriffs-deputy-hospitalized-after-accidentally-shooting-himself-in-leg/
"A Riverside County sheriff’s deputy was hospitalized Wednesday after accidentally shooting himself in the leg when a large dog approached him at a Riverside home."
another dog-shooting cop.

http://www.nj.com/hunterdon-county-democrat/index.ssf/2014/04/flemington_policeman_accidenta.html
"A Flemington police officer apparently accidentally shot himself this afternoon and sustained injuries that are not life-threatening, officials said."

http://kimt.com/2014/04/22/handgun-accidentally-goes-off-injures-hampton-officer/
"Authorities say a north Iowa police officer suffered an injury after a handgun accidentally goes off. Hampton Police say while they were conducting handgun qualification last Thursday, when one of the officers had a malfunction with their weapon."
malfunction my foot.

http://www.ksat.com/news/saisd-officer-injured-in-accidental-shooting/25548372
"A police officer with the San Antonio Independent School District accidentally shot himself Friday morning."
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 01:26:09 PM by screwtape »
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +120/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #635 on: April 29, 2014, 06:42:27 PM »
What was turning out to be a slow week sped up dramatically:

When Standing Your Ground is insufficient, entrapment is more efficient: Montana homeowner who set trap for burglar is charged with killing German exchange student

Kaarma picked up his shotgun, went out the front door of the house and into the driveway, according to the charging document. He told police he heard a sound in the garage, but could not see inside. He then fired four times into the garage, three low and four high.

By now I'm sure everyone has heard about crazy-gunman-enters-building-and-shoots-everyone:
Employee opens fire at FedEx sorting center

KENNESAW, Ga. -- A FedEx employee wearing ammunition draped across his chest "like Rambo" opened fire Tuesday at a package-sorting center outside Atlanta, wounding six people before committing suicide, police and witnesses said.

At least the guy in Montana was a bit more creative. The idea of firing upon people in your workplace is a bit trite by now.

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +267/-31
« Reply #636 on: April 29, 2014, 07:35:04 PM »
If he shot three low and four high, wouldn't that be seven shots, not four?
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +120/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #637 on: April 29, 2014, 07:58:12 PM »
He was trying to avoid hitting the car, so multiple shots in the same direction might cause one to lose count.
John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.