Poll

Who Do You Think Should Get the Nomination?

Jeb Bush (Florida)
1 (6.3%)
Ben Carson (Maryland)
0 (0%)
Chris Christie (New Jersey)
0 (0%)
Ted Cruz (Texas)
0 (0%)
Carly Fiorina (California)
1 (6.3%)
Lindsey Graham (South Carolina)
0 (0%)
Mike Huckabee (Arkansas)
0 (0%)
Bobby Jindal (Louisiana)
2 (12.5%)
George Pataki (New York)
0 (0%)
Rand Paul (Kentucky)
0 (0%)
Rick Perry (Texas)
0 (0%)
Marco Rubio (Florida)
0 (0%)
Rick Santorum (Pennsylvania)
1 (6.3%)
Donald Trump (New York)
8 (50%)
Scott Walker (Wisconsin)
1 (6.3%)
Jim Gilmore (Virginia)
0 (0%)
John Kasich (Ohio)
1 (6.3%)
Bob Erhlich (Maryland)
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Republican Presidential Nomination  (Read 3221 times)

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +260/-8
Re: Republican Presidential Nomination
« Reply #348 on: August 27, 2015, 07:01:26 PM »
I'm going out on a limb  With Trump surging in the polls.  Cruz trying to ride his coat tails. Bush dropping like a rock and the GOP big dogs worried about how this is going.  I am making a prediction here tonight.  Mark this down.  The Republican nominee for 2016 will be......................Mitt Romney.

He will be looked at as the savor after the turmoil that is coming.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +1403/-9
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #349 on: August 27, 2015, 07:21:08 PM »
Omithor. I would pay money to see a Trump-Romney primary debate. Two brainless rich conservative dudes with no verbal filters, nothing to lose, throwing sh!t each other. With Bobby Jindal running around the stage casting out demons and speaking in tongues. It could become a weekly reality show, even after President Hillary and VP Warren or whoever is elected. ;D
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline shnozzola

• Reader
  • Darwins +140/-2
« Reply #350 on: August 28, 2015, 08:14:29 PM »
I'm going out on a limb  With Trump surging in the polls.  Cruz trying to ride his coat tails. Bush dropping like a rock and the GOP big dogs worried about how this is going.  I am making a prediction here tonight.  Mark this down.  The Republican nominee for 2016 will be......................Mitt Romney.

He will be looked at as the savor after the turmoil that is coming.

Yes, the man that would be making decisions for the U.S.   :o
We have guided missiles and misguided men.  ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Why can't girls have dinosaur shoes?"

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +528/-124
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
"presumptions are the bitch of all assumptions" -- me

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +260/-8
« Reply #352 on: Yesterday at 05:25:46 PM »
Yeah, when they say "take our country back" I have to ask from what?  But WP people have been saying things like that for years.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +260/-8
« Reply #353 on: Yesterday at 05:28:03 PM »
Trump is attacking Anthony Weiner's wife now.   She worked for Hillary when she was Sec of State.  Also from the Middle East.  It is almost like he wants to take the GOP down a path of destruction and they are following blindly.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +528/-124
« Reply #354 on: Yesterday at 05:38:13 PM »
Trump is attacking Anthony Weiner's wife now.   She worked for Hillary when she was Sec of State.  Also from the Middle East.  It is almost like he wants to take the GOP down a path of destruction and they are following blindly.

They were already on the road, and they're not blind.

-Nam

Offline Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +82/-0
  • IXNAY
« Reply #355 on: Today at 12:24:56 PM »
 &)
Sarah Palin and Trump complain about ‘gotcha questions’ after he can’t name favorite Bible verse

“You saw that. I love the Bible, and I’m Protestant, I’m Presbyterian. And they were hitting me with different questions, one right after the other,” he replied. “I don’t know if it’s ‘gotcha questions,’ it probably is. And then they said, ‘What’s your favorite verse?’ You know, that’s a very personal thing. I don’t like giving that out to people that you hardly know. Frankly, I don’t know if they’re fair questions, or not fair questions, but there are certain things that you, myself and a lot of other people like to personal.”

Neither of them mentioned that the “gotcha” moment happened in connection to Trump’s repeated declaration that the Bible is his favorite book of all time. CNN reported on Friday that Marble Collegiate Church, where Trump said he attends services, does not consider him to be an active member.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/08/sarah-palin-and-trump-complain-about-gotcha-questions-after-he-cant-name-favorite-bible-verse/
There is no opinion so absurd that a preacher could not express it.
-- Bernie Katz

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +1403/-9
« Reply #356 on: Today at 01:22:33 PM »
Palin, said she read "all" of the news magazines, but could not name a single publication that she reads regularly for news. She called that a gotcha question. Trump could not name any bible verses and called it a gotcha question. He has probably never opened a bible, his "favorite book".[1] Well, I guess they gotcha, didn't they?

If Obama said his favorite book was A Brief History of Time, would they let him off the hook if he could not answer any questions about black holes or the big bang?

What do they expect the media to do when they set themselves up like this? They are so used to FOX news where they get to say whatever crazy sh!t that comes to their minds and never get called on any of it. And then they are surprised when people question their ability to understand world issues or make good policy decisions.  &)
 1. Maybe he meant that he lives his life as if he is a biblical character, like King Solomon or Lot. Neither of whom could he identify.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +528/-124
« Reply #357 on: Today at 01:57:11 PM »
If a Christian asked me my favorite Bible verse, I would say 2 Corinthians 6:14.

-Nam

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +1403/-9
« Reply #358 on: Today at 02:33:42 PM »
If a Christian asked me my favorite Bible verse, I would say 2 Corinthians 6:14.

-Nam

In other words, wtf are you doing on my doorstep? Why would you want the likes of me in your church, sitting next to you? Infecting your righteous self with my wickedness?  :?

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +528/-124
« Reply #359 on: Today at 02:37:58 PM »
Not so bluntly but yeah.

-Nam

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +1403/-9
« Reply #360 on: Today at 03:17:19 PM »
Not so bluntly but yeah.

-Nam

Hell just froze over. Nam said I was blunt.  ;D

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +1403/-9
« Reply #361 on: Today at 05:34:25 PM »
I like Ecclesiastes 3:1 because it made a cool song. And it's not from Godspell.  :D

Not to diss the songs from Godspell, though. The songs are the only good thing about that hippie mess of a play. The most beautiful song of all is By My Side. (And not just because my daughter was one of the six girls who sang this when their theater group put on this musical.)

Gives me chills, the way the harmonies blend in call and response, and setting up the betrayal part of the story. Somewhere inside me my betrayed enslaved African ancestors are singing along.  :'(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKxAbbeD-NU

Some truly awesome afros there. I smell Blow-Out kit chemicals. Takes me back. ;)