Author Topic: What's your weather?  (Read 167 times)

Offline Emma286

• Reader
  • Darwins +95/-1
  • WWGHA Member
What's your weather?
« on: June 17, 2017, 10:30:57 AM »
Today, where I am, it's 27 degrees (according to Google anyways). This is within the sort of temperature range that I really don't like that much. Was tempted not to go out in it, but as I haven't done all that much exercise for the last couple of days I wanted to start making up for it today (plus had shopping to get) so forced myself to face it. I managed okay, but after I got home was relieved everything was out of the way!

Over to you, what's your weather? :-)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 10:32:37 AM by Emma286 »

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +551/-55
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Re: What's your weather?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 10:35:36 AM »
Yesterday, predictions were for temperatures up to 40 degrees, which is a lot more than average.
My names are many, yet I am One.
-Orion, son of Fire and Light, Sol Invictus.

Religions need books because they don't have gods.

Offline Emma286

• Reader
  • Darwins +95/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 10:47:52 AM »
Can see, according to Google, that it's 39 degrees in Lisbon! If that's accurate then guess that's pretty close!

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +551/-55
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 11:18:55 AM »
Can see, according to Google, that it's 39 degrees in Lisbon! If that's accurate then guess that's pretty close!

And way too hot. 30 is my ideal temperature, with anything above 5 degrees of that meaning that I'm sweating profusely. 40 means I have to actively take precautions to lessen the effect of the heat. I stockpiled water bottles in the fridge (about 5 liters in total), as well as 4 liters of juice.
My names are many, yet I am One.
-Orion, son of Fire and Light, Sol Invictus.

Religions need books because they don't have gods.

Offline Emma286

• Reader
  • Darwins +95/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2017, 02:45:58 PM »

And way too hot. 30 is my ideal temperature, with anything above 5 degrees of that meaning that I'm sweating profusely. 40 means I have to actively take precautions to lessen the effect of the heat. I stockpiled water bottles in the fridge (about 5 liters in total), as well as 4 liters of juice.

Sounds very sensible, and I don't blame you on stockpiling the fluids! Hoping all of the precautions help.

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +279/-34
  • The Orb has spoken
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2017, 10:32:46 PM »
Used to be, when I was young, talking about the weather was a way of avoiding controversial or uncomfortable conversations.

My how the times have changed.

When I criticize political parties or candidates, I am not criticizing you. If I criticize you, there will be no doubt in your mind as to what I am saying.

Offline Emma286

• Reader
  • Darwins +95/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2017, 03:44:19 AM »
*Shrugs*

Seem to remember that this worked out okay as a thread idea over on IGI and ATT. Didn't see any reason not to give it a shot in the chatter section here!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 04:34:36 AM by Emma286 »

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +327/-9
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2017, 08:32:50 AM »
Friday night had straight line winds of 110 mph, hail, and tons of rain.  Trees down, lots of homes with roofs gone.  They cancelled the opening ceremony of the CWS (college world series)...prob a good idea the way things turned out.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +315/-17
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2017, 12:11:11 PM »
well, it will be a high of 94 degrees Fahreheit (about 34.5 degrees Celsius) here with 70% humdity.   hopefully we get some good thunderstorms out of it. 

thank science for air conditioning
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Emma286

• Reader
  • Darwins +95/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2017, 08:31:45 AM »
Friday night had straight line winds of 110 mph, hail, and tons of rain.  Trees down, lots of homes with roofs gone.  They cancelled the opening ceremony of the CWS (college world series)...prob a good idea the way things turned out.

Wow, that does sound very bad! Am guessing that your home wasn't affected? Hoping not and that things are now calmer over there?

Hearing things like this reminds me to put things into better perspective. I can be all too quick to moan about weather inconveniences over here in England, at times, and too easily forget that other places have it a fair bit worse!

well, it will be a high of 94 degrees Fahreheit (about 34.5 degrees Celsius) here with 70% humdity.   hopefully we get some good thunderstorms out of it. 

thank science for air conditioning

You have my full sympathy. I absolutely hate humid heat! Yeah, if one can get to somewhere where air conditioning is available then that can help a lot.

Well, according to the BBC, it's 28 degrees here today. According to Google, it's 32 degrees. Not sure which confirmation to take the more seriously!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 08:40:13 AM by Emma286 »

Offline Emma286

• Reader
  • Darwins +95/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2017, 10:40:53 AM »
So much cooler today here. In the earlyish twenties degree wise, and mostly overcast with a breeze (but still being fairly warm out). Absolutely bliss after how things have been in recent days! Hopefully, this will mean I can start getting to sleep again at more normal times than I have been.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 10:42:40 AM by Emma286 »

Offline Jag

• Fellow
  • Darwins +449/-9
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2017, 12:34:54 PM »
Just got back late last night (to Minnesota) from several days in Colorado. It was hot and dry everywhere we went, but we were in and out if the mountains every day, so temperatures ranged between the upper 60's early in the mornings, generally in the 80's when we were up high[1], and into the 100's as we got close to New Mexico one afternoon. It was glorious - because A/C is a thing - and sunny for most of the four days we were there.

Today, back at home, it's a bit cloudy, not too warm (it's 70 right now) and, according to the Weather Channel, it's definitely going to rain and soon. I can see it moving this direction, conditions make a real "storm" unlikely, humidity is, thankfully, not very high yet.
 1. the highest we were on this trip was just under 12,000 feet
"Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky that created the entire universe and the majority believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure." ~George Carlin