Author Topic: Logging out.  (Read 183 times)

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +246/-32
  • I find your lack of hate disturbing.
Logging out.
« on: August 01, 2016, 12:31:32 AM »
Dear friends and frenamies.

I am writing to you today to tell you that during this latest string of debacles, I have found a new home where I will be spending most of my time. I understand that what has been happening to this forum is no fault of any of the administrators or moderators. They are all good people but even if Brain gets off his duff and renews his interest momentarily for this forum...the glitches are bound to happen again and again and again. He obviously has other things on his mind. As the owner of this website and forum, that is his prerogative. I don't know the guy. I've never even communicated with him but I have communicated with Emily. I know that she cares enough to actively engage and properly maintain a safe inclusive environment that extends a warm welcoming hand to all who wish to participate

http://www.atheistthinktank.org/thinktank/index.php/topic,101.0.html

Many people you know are already there and getting comfortable.

You can help rejoin us. If Marshall Brain doesn't care about his website, why should you?

When I criticize political parties or candidates, I am not criticizing you. If I criticize you, there will be no doubt in your mind as to what I am saying.

Offline jaimehlers

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +1025/-25
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Logging out.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 08:50:48 AM »
Because what he thinks of it is irrelevant, to be perfectly honest.  As you say, he's already given up on it, and did so years ago.  Why should anyone be swayed by that, one way or the other?

What I care about is the effort that jdawg went to in order to get this forum working again.  If you don't care about that, it's your prerogative, but if you're going to attempt to recruit people over to that forum, you should not do so by bringing up someone who barely anyone at this forum even thinks about.
Nullus In Verba, aka "Take nobody's word for it!"  If you can't show it, then you don't know it.

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +246/-32
  • I find your lack of hate disturbing.
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 06:37:15 PM »
Because what he thinks of it is irrelevant, to be perfectly honest.  As you say, he's already given up on it, and did so years ago.  Why should anyone be swayed by that, one way or the other?

Because of the difficulty of getting anything resolved when shit goes south. You guys shouldn't have to work so hard to get it back up an running...even if it is infrequently still shouldn't take weeks to resolve. It's burdensome for everyone involved but especially for staff. It doesn't have to be this difficult.

What I care about is the effort that jdawg went to in order to get this forum working again.  If you don't care about that, it's your prerogative, but if you're going to attempt to recruit people over to that forum, you should not do so by bringing up someone who barely anyone at this forum even thinks about.

Well, I don't know how much effort jdawg put into getting things straightened out. He's a good person but is it fair that he had to work so hard just to get someone's attention? You and jdawg and everyone else are more than welcome to move to greener pastures.

If everyone here moved to ATT it would not break Brain's heart and this particular forum could be free to wither without struggle and every person involved would still be together. We are family no matter where we happen to reside.
When I criticize political parties or candidates, I am not criticizing you. If I criticize you, there will be no doubt in your mind as to what I am saying.

Offline Death over Life

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +27/-8
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 06:14:52 PM »
Sadly with me, I'm realizing I'm having a very hard time to live my life and keep up with an internet forum of this size.

I am to busy with life to check out forums for hours at a time Like I used to. Unless I can get more free time somehow, I'm just going to have to stay on the sinking ship until it's gone.

Offline junebug72

• Fellow
  • Darwins +271/-107
  • Let's talk about Love
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2016, 06:41:24 AM »
As for me it would give too many theists the reason to say "god does answer prayers" to just let this site wither away.  They would say it even though that's not the reason to promote their own agendas of recruiting souls.

What's the biggie dealio?  So the site went down for 5-6 days.  Big fucking deal.   &)
Belief in a cruel god makes a cruel man...Thomas Paine

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Laureate
  • Darwins +1080/-36
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 08:52:07 PM »
Because of the difficulty of getting anything resolved when shit goes south. You guys shouldn't have to work so hard to get it back up an running...even if it is infrequently still shouldn't take weeks to resolve. It's burdensome for everyone involved but especially for staff. It doesn't have to be this difficult.

FYI, it's not burdensome for staff.  The reason is, there is literally nothing they can do, other than send an email to Brain.  Because the staff are not owners, the host will not open a ticket or investigate problems they report.  All they (staff) can do is wait for another customer to report the same problem. 

Easy peasey. 

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline ThatZenoGuy

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-24
  • Residential Sexy Anthro Goddess
    • Spacebattles Account.
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2016, 04:34:28 AM »
I'll be chilling here still...

Brain obviously is keeping this place afloat, I just wish he'd say something.
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.