Author Topic: I came across your site and thought you might want to know... [#2742]  (Read 1374 times)

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
Hello Friend,

I was doing some research for my Bible Study and came across your most interesting website titled “Why Won’t God Heal Amputees”.

I want to assure you that He does heal amputees. I’ve read of two such cases with several eyewitnesses.

I recommend you read the small little book called “The Wigglesworth Standard” about a man whom in the early 1900’s was used by God to heal a double-amputee. In the ‘90’s another person in Korea had their arm grow back in front of 200 witnesses during a worship service.

The problem is not that God can’t heal, it’s that we don’t BELIEVE He will. Even the disciples of Jesus had a problem with this and they saw him walk on water and raise people from the dead! Read Mark 9:14-29 to understand the real problem. Here is a link to make it easier http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=mark%209:14-29&version=NLT

God bless you!

[name removed]
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +354/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
I think I get more stupid when reading these; and they all sound the same. The problem with this is: why are they special and the millions of others not?

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
CNN was around in the 90s.  I would have thought something like that might have gotten a mention or 2.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
Cough, cough, bullshit, cough...
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips

Offline The Gawd

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +78/-5
  • WWGHA Member
You all ever notice that everyone has a amputee healing story, but NO ONE EVER has proof of it?

I can literally show you footage of brain surgery on a human being, due to science of course...

but when I search for "god healing amputee" i get this

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
Wow, there really is a god. &)
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips

Offline Garja

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +38/-0
  • WWGHA Member
God confirmed Smith Wigglesworth's ministry with powerful signs following. A few of these included the deaf hearing, cancers cured, legs and feet creatively formed where only stumps had existed previously, healing the violently insane, and fourteen people being raised from the dead.
These are a few of the many miracles God performed in Wigglesworth's ministry. The secret of his ability to be used by God in such a powerful way is discussed in this work, so that others can follow in his steps.
Amazon

God truly does amazing things dont he?  Just as long as it is never documented in anyway that could actually prove it happened.
"If we look back into history for the character of the present sects in Christianity, we shall find few that have not in their turns been persecutors, and complainers of persecution."

-Benjamin Franklin

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +80/-1
I want to assure you that He does heal amputees. I’ve read of two such cases with several eyewitnesses.

Even assuming your cases are true; why only two?  Why not thousands?

I recommend you read the small little book called “The Wigglesworth Standard” about a man whom in the early 1900’s was used by God to heal a double-amputee. In the ‘90’s another person in Korea had their arm grow back in front of 200 witnesses during a worship service.

Are either of those cases well-documented, or are they only recorded in one "small" book?

Just looked up this book on amazon.com

From the Back Cover

God confirmed Smith Wigglesworth's ministry with powerful signs following. A few of these included the deaf hearing, cancers cured, legs and feet creatively formed where only stumps had existed previously, healing the violently insane, and fourteen people being raised from the dead.
These are a few of the many miracles God performed in Wigglesworth's ministry. The secret of his ability to be used by God in such a powerful way is discussed in this work, so that others can follow in his steps.
"Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ." 1 Corinthians 11:1 NKJV
A study of Wigglesworth's life will build and inspire your faith, deepen your compassion, and expand your vision.
You will learn the power of reaching out to a hurting world and allowing God's power to change lives.

About the Author

For over fifteen years, Peter J. Madden has served as pastor, evangelist, camp and conference speaker, and worship leader. After pioneering four churches in Australia and the United States, he now travels internationally, preaching the message of the Cross at crusades, conferences, and churches throughout Asia, Europe, America, and Africa.
Peter was born in 1961 in Sydney, Australia. His interest in evangelist Smith Wigglesworth was sparked when he first heard Wigglesworth's name while attending Bible college in Sydney. He heard how God had greatly used Wigglesworth in the salvation and healing of thousands; the Holy Spirit instructed him that he was to go and learn about the legendary revivalist.
Peter J. Madden has served as pastor, evangelist, camp and conference speaker, and worship leader. After pioneering four churches in Australia and the United States, he now travels internationally, preaching the message of the Cross at crusades, conferences, and churches throughout Asia, Europe, America, and Africa.

Yup, I see no chance for bias whatsoever.   :angel:

The problem is not that God can’t heal, it’s that we don’t BELIEVE He will. Even the disciples of Jesus had a problem with this and they saw him walk on water and raise people from the dead! Read Mark 9:14-29 to understand the real problem. Here is a link to make it easier http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=mark%209:14-29&version=NLT

Why should it matter if we believe or not?  If regenerating limbs were fairly routine, we'd definitely notice.  Yet, you can only count two occurrences of this?  Most unimpressive.
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
Re: I came across your site and thought you might want to know...
I find your ism offensive.
I hope you cleaned up after yourself.
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +131/-7
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
Hello Friend,

I was doing some research for my Bible Study and came across your most interesting website titled “Why Won’t God Heal Amputees”.

Thank you for considering the site interesting!  Most other Christians use less complimentary language in describing the site.

I've also read that Elvis is alive, but as of yet there has been no proof.

Why read regurgitated drama? I can go straight to the bible for some amazing stories. Neither book offers any proof that anything within it actually happened. They are just stories.

The problem is not that God can’t heal, it’s that we don’t BELIEVE He will.

Ah, yes, the recurring argument made by Christians everywhere is that we simply do not believe enough. We must believe more. There is no logical or intellectual basis for this position. It's just encouragement -- nothing more.

Even the disciples of Jesus had a problem with this and they saw him walk on water and raise people from the dead!

I think the disciples of Jesus had a few other problems than the one you mentioned. The other ones made him famous, or infamous depending on your angle.

Read Mark 9:14-29 to understand the real problem. Here is a link to make it easier http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=mark%209:14-29&version=NLT

I don't read the bible. It has no value.

God bless you!

[name removed]

http://15till3.wordpress.com/2013/05/10/the-stories-of-healed-amputees/
John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +354/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
You know that most of these "documented" evidence is from hundreds of years ago? No bias there.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
Re: I came across your site and thought you might want to know... [#2742]
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2013, 06:40:21 PM »
Hello Friend,

For some reason I am being reminded of Shrek three where Hook goes, “We’re not your friends. You don’t belong here.” But joking aside, I’ll just say, “Hello.”

Well it’s nice to know that you think this site is interesting to visit.

I want to assure you that He does heal amputees.

Oh really? After all this time from many Christians before you who proclaimed that he does or doesn’t heal amputees?

I’ve read of two such cases with several eyewitnesses.

I may have to remind you that eyewitness is not evidence. Where are the evidence that your God does heal amputees?

I don’t know if I will be able to find that book, but one thing for sure, that is more likely a fable unless there’s concrete evidence to back them up. If that is all you got, then I am sorely disappointed.

The problem is not that God can’t heal, it’s that we don’t BELIEVE He will.

So your God isn’t going to heal people simply because they didn’t believe he will? That’s like a doctor refusing to treat a patient because they didn’t believe that he will treat them.

Even the disciples of Jesus had a problem with this and they saw him walk on water and raise people from the dead! Read Mark 9:14-29 to understand the real problem. Here is a link to make it easier http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=mark%209:14-29&version=NLT

Let’s suppose that it’s true and that the Disciples didn’t believe, then according to you, Jesus wouldn’t have bothered to raise the dead or heal people or even walk on water. But what is the point of being a disciple if you didn’t believe? Unless I am mistaken of course. Also, considering that Jesus refused to prove the Pharisees that he is the son of God, it makes me wonder why that is?

God bless you!

[name removed]

I didn’t sneeze, so you didn’t need to say that.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 06:48:51 PM by Timtheskeptic »
Me:What are you looking at Eminem?
Brother: Nothing, Harry Potter.

I love to read books, just not your Bible. i support gay rights and women's rights. Why? Because i'm tired of the hate, stupidity, and your desire to control us all and make up lies.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-8
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
Re: I came across your site and thought you might want to know... [#2742]
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2013, 02:33:49 PM »
Hello Friend,

God bless you!

[name removed]

Cool story bro. Now how about evidence?
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.