Author Topic: Ganesh the aubergine  (Read 641 times)

Offline Mrjason

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-2
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Ganesh the aubergine
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 08:52:22 AM »
Holy crap I just remembered this post

Sadly God PLC went the way of all large corporations and had to outsource divine intervention to keep a competitive edge in a tough global market.
I suspect that prayers are now diverted to a Bangalore call centre.

Does that mean Hinduism is now the true religion?

Me, a person from leicester, suggesting that hinduism is the true religion then a mere 11 days later lord ganesh reveals himself in aubergine form to the residents of leicester

This can't be coincidence. Could anyone ask for any clearer evidence?

I'm off to the market to find an object of adoration. Who's with me?

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 10:49:35 AM »
Me, a person from leicester, suggesting that hinduism is the true religion then a mere 11 days later lord ganesh reveals himself in aubergine form to the residents of leicester

Also: "Lord Ganesh" is eleven characters (counting the space).
As is "In leicester" (if you don't count the space).
Leicester is in the middle of the UK.  In the middle of "MrJason" is "ja" - German for "yes", as in "yes", this is clear evidence.

I'm convinced.  Wayne would be going bananas!
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Online Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +541/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 12:25:31 PM »

I'm off to the market to find an object of adoration. Who's with me?
I'm with you! I hope to find a potato or carrot that looks slightly like genitailia.
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline kiran

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 03:18:46 PM »
I find the sign from god in the aubergine as a great moral booster for those who have faith in god in this way.
Its nothing wrong and its good that it has made the family happy and it has made the curious onlookers happy too :)
It has inspired them to do good and it seems to have empowered them.
Whether we as onlookers do not believe such story or not and mock it; it is the most wonderful event to take place in the life of that family.
Other people may not share their sentiments but we have to be realistic about this --not everyone is going to be happy and I thinks its almost impossible to make everyone happy.
For example;
When a great tuneful record eg say Jacksons Thriller came out it, this record made so many who liked it happy but then again not everyone i the world was happy with the song.
So what Im trying to say is that we all have our basic perception of what makes us happy and if the belief that god showed them a sign in the aubergine then its all good.

Why an aubergine?
Its quite amazing because the family are in restaurant business and the obvious place for god to show them a sigh would be something related to their business ie a vegetable which happens to be an aubergine.

I think its wonderful and a great miracle.

Offline Mrjason

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 03:49:14 AM »
...Why an aubergine?
Its quite amazing because the family are in restaurant business and the obvious place for god to show them a sigh would be something related to their business ie a vegetable which happens to be an aubergine.

So out of the many thousands of aubergines that this family procure and handle as part of their business when they get one that vaguely resembles and elephant head it is a miracle?

I suppose Greybeards carrot is a sign from priapus too?

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +925/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 04:59:14 PM »

Also: "Lord Ganesh" is eleven characters (counting the space).
As is "In leicester" (if you don't count the space).
Leicester is in the middle of the UK.  In the middle of "MrJason" is "ja" - German for "yes", as in "yes", this is clear evidence.

I'm convinced.  Wayne would be going bananas!

I don't want to think about what Wayne does with bananas. They are divinely shaped to look that way, by god.
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Online Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +196/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 01:52:49 PM »
^^^I found myself feeling a bit nostalgic for Wayne earlier today. Whodathunkit? It was inspired by junebug72 if that puts it in perspective...  :-\
"It's hard to, but I'm starting to believe some of you actually believe these things.  That is completely beyond my ability to understand if that is really the case, but things never cease to amaze me."

Offline kiran

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 05:13:08 PM »
Mrjason

[[I suppose Greybeards carrot is a sign from priapus too?]]

If that is what you believe then off course --I would not deny your pleasure :)  :)

Online Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +541/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2013, 05:30:10 PM »
I find the sign from god in the aubergine as a great moral booster for those who have faith in god in this way.
Its nothing wrong and its good that it has made the family happy and it has made the curious onlookers happy too :) [...]
I think its wonderful and a great miracle.
I'm quite surprised. I can see it on the same level that I can see the carrots and potatoes that look like genitalia, but then to believe that this is some "sign" is remarkable.

Does it not dawn on people that this is no more than an amusing coincidence - not a miracle? If you were to open an aubergine and see a map of North Korea, would you immediately assume that this was a sign from the gods and you must go there?

Most all patterns can be likened to something, each one cannot be a miracle.
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”