Author Topic: Few questions  (Read 403 times)

Offline viocjit

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +4/-0
  • WWGHA Member
Few questions
« on: May 03, 2013, 12:31:35 PM »
Hi ! I'm an Agnostic Christian and I hesitate between Atheism and Christianity.
To explain why. I will tell you why in a quote.

I can define myself like Agnostic Christian because I see that in fact the bible have a lot of contradictions and errors and I think that there are maybe an explication to confirm the Christianity but I'm not sure.
Too I saw that a lot of myths in the bible came from older myths (Sumerian , Egyptian , Greek etc...).
For this fact I have two explications the authors of pagans myths was inspired by Satan or an other demon.
The other possibility is these stories was only write by some humans because the demoniac forces doesn't not exist.

Therefore I hesitate with Atheism and Christianity , like for me if the old testament is false the Judaism is not the real religion and Christianity too. For me the Islam is not the true religion like there are a lot of error in the scientific domain in this book named quran , koran , al-koran etc... in English language.

But I would like to know if God does not exist why ?

1.Since my 4 years old I always had the feeling that I will take part to the last battle (Armageddon).
That is maybe because I heared a lot of things about God during this time or this feeling is not an illusion like this is the reality.

2.The first time where I can listened by accident (funfair) an Eurodance music (No limit by Knut) I had the sensation to be connected with the universe.
This is probably an illusion or that is possible.

3.Why I have all time (since my 4 years old) this weird sensation in my Thorax , a sensation to be like a empty memory card.
I have a spiritual problem or this is biologic other possibility this is neurologic or this is only a psychological sensation.

4.If God does not exist how the chaos created this world ?

5.If the soul does not exist how I can exist ? there are probably something before the human life and after.

6.How the Evolution Theory can be the truth (I'm not creationist) ?

7.If God does exist really why does he exist ?

8.How was the world before the Big Bang (this universe is maybe a part of the multiverse some physical theories speak about that) ?

9.How contact God without pray and without speak therefore how feeling God ?

10.Believe in God is maybe irrational but why the chaos is rational ?

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +540/-13
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Few questions
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 01:04:45 PM »
Since English doesn't appear to be your first language (although you speak it well), please let me know if I misunderstood something.

1.Since my 4 years old I always had the feeling that I will take part to the last battle (Armageddon).
That is maybe because I heared a lot of things about God during this time or this feeling is not an illusion like this is the reality.
It sounds like you have a vivid imagination.  This is not an insult; I also have a vivid imagination, and so I know how easy it is for something imagined to seem real.

Quote from: viocjit
2.The first time where I can listened by accident (funfair) an Eurodance music (No limit by Knut) I had the sensation to be connected with the universe.
Music can do very odd things sometimes.  There have been times that a song has resonated with me in a similar way to what you describe, but I don't think that means anything special in and of itself.

3.Why I have all time (since my 4 years old) this weird sensation in my Thorax , a sensation to be like a empty memory card.
I have a spiritual problem or this is biologic other possibility this is neurologic or this is only a psychological sensation.
I don't really understand what you're referring to here.  Is it like an emptiness, or something else?

4.If God does not exist how the chaos created this world ?
The self-organizing principles that the four basic forces make possible.  For example, gravity causes mass to attract mass, electromagnetism causes atoms to join into molecules and compounds, and it progresses from there.

5.If the soul does not exist how I can exist ? there are probably something before the human life and after.
The problem with believing in a soul is explaining where it comes from.  Also, do you believe animals have souls?  Because they clearly have personalities, emotions, even intelligence in some cases.

It's currently the best explanation for why we have such a diversity of organisms on Earth.  More importantly, nobody has ever found something that contradicts natural selection (which is the core of evolutionary theory).  That's why it's accepted as an explanation rather than being tossed in the dustbin of history.

7.If God does exist really why does he exist ?
I don't understand what you're asking here.  Can you clarify?

8.How was the world before the Big Bang (this universe is maybe a part of the multiverse some physical theories speak about that) ?
Well, to be honest, I don't know if it's even possible to figure out what came before the Big Bang.  That's stepping into the realm of speculation, and while I don't mind speculating, there's nothing to base it on.

9.How contact God without pray and without speak therefore how feeling God ?
Good question.

Because we can explain the latter, but the Christian conception of God is totally mystifying.

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +124/-6
  • I'm Your Nurse, Not Your Waitress...
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 10:17:52 PM »
I have a question for you.  You mentioned your 1st language is French and you appear to be fairly fluent in English.  Have you compared Bible verses in French and English?  Do you find inconsistencies in meaning between the two?
It doesn't make sense to let go of something you've had for so long.  But it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's actually nothing there.

Offline Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +83/-2
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 03:27:09 AM »

Oftentimes, when people want to ask me something, I won't hear them. Not because the Metal in my ears is so loud, but because I'm lost in the music (and the Csharp/Javascript/SQL  code ;) ). When I do notice them, I'll say something like "sorry, I was on another planet." Point being, music is specifically designed to capture your attention and hold it. When you hear something you like, your brain focusses on it to such an extent that everything else is gone. Brains are funny that way.

Cats exist, they live, they move, they think, they dream, they respond to the rest of the universe and they're grumpy in the morning.
So ... cats have souls too? If a soul is not needed for the existance of cats ... why would it be needed for humans?
Humans, after all, are just a different kind mammal.

Evolution is ...
1) hereditary: parents pass their genes on to their children
2) random mutation: the copying of genes is not perfect, small changes happen
3) non-random survival: organisms that are better at not getting killed live long enough to produce children and produce more children

When a group of animals moves to a different environment, different traits will make them successful. Bonobo, for example, are better adapted to living in trees than our ancestors. Our ancestors are better adapted to living om flat land.

Add a few billion years et voila, all life on the planet.

If you want to delve into the multiverse and the like, here are two good videos to get started

Who said there was chaos? Matter behaves in predictable ways. That's the exact opposite of chaos.
Science: I'll believe it when I see it
Faith: I'll see it when I believe it

Schrodinger's thunderdome! One cat enters and one MIGHT leave!

Without life, god has no meaning.

Offline viocjit

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +4/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 09:09:01 AM »
@LoriPinkAngel I can say that translations of Bible in English and French say the same things.

Example with Genesis 1:1 in Hebrew : ???????????? ??????? ????????? ???? ???????????? ?????? ?????????

Now Five translations in French language.

1.Translation by Louis Segond (Protestant Bible) : Au commencement, Dieu créa les cieux et la terre.

2.Translation by Chanoine Crampon (Catholic Bible) : Au commencement Dieu créa le ciel et la terre.

3.Translation by Traduction Œcuménique de la Bible (Œcunemic Bible) : Au commencement, Dieu créa le ciel et la terre.

4.Translation by André Chouraqui (A translation word to word) : ENTÊTE Elohîms créait les ciels et la terre,

5.Translation by John Nelson Darby (Protestant Bible) : Au commencement Dieu créa les cieux et la terre.

We can find only a difference the protestants translate ???????????? by "les cieux" and the catholic translate by "le ciel".

1.Le ciel (this word can means heaven) : The sky

2.Les cieux (plural of ciel) : The heaven

Now Five translations in English language.

1.King James Version (Protestant bible with some archaic therms) : In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth

2.Revised standard version catholic version edition (Catholic) : [a]In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

3.Wycliffe Bible (Use some archaic therms) : In the beginning God made of nought heaven and earth. (In the beginning God made out of nothing the heavens and the earth.)

4.Darby Translation (Protestant) : In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

5.Orthodox Jewish Bible (Messianic Jewish) : In the beginning Elohim created hashomayim (the heavens, Himel) and haaretz (the earth).

Conclusion : all translations say the same things but there are a weird fact.
God is named ????????? but this therm is terminated by ?? and words with these Hebrew letters are a plural.
Two possibilities :
1.It's a manner to respect God. (official reason).
2.In the origin Hebrew were polytheistics after monolatrism and monotheistics.

@Fiji Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 09:12:00 AM by viocjit »