Author Topic: Mushroom hunting  (Read 341 times)

Offline rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +37/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
Mushroom hunting
« on: April 28, 2013, 04:50:53 PM »
Any other mushroom hunters around?  I went out today with my dad and found 25.  I usually find enough every year to satisfy my taste but rarely more than that.  I wish I could find more as I've seen a pound of morels go for over $300. 

No, these are not mine.
Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
Re: Mushroom hunting
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 07:16:58 PM »
Been really cold this Spring so far but several people are finding them now.  I like a mess or two each year and that's enough for me.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +37/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 08:32:41 PM »
Finally got to go out hunting today.  2 hours, 5 ticks, a twisted ankle, and a light sunburn later I found these.  Not too bad. 

Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson

Offline shnozzola

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 08:41:14 PM »
  5 ticks?   Oooo.  Yep, they're around now.  I hate ticks.

“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White
  The real holy trinity:  onion, celery, and bell pepper ~  all Cajun Chefs

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 09:16:26 PM »
Looks like you found a pen also.

I heard ticks are really bad this year.  We went from 84 degrees here yesterday to expecting snow Thurs and Friday.  Mushrooms are not going to know what hit them.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +789/-6
  • If you are religious, you are misconcepted
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 09:38:44 PM »
I know little about mushrooms, though a guy who used to be a neighbor of mine where I live now was by visiting recently and told me that he used to find morels down on one corner of his old property that is adjacent to mine. I'll have to take a look and see if that is still the case.

But ticks! I live in Montana and most of us think we should call ourselves the "Tick State". My record for ticks found crawling around on me in one day is around 15.

The government set up a laboratory in my town way back in the old days to research "Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever", which is transmitted by ticks. I guess they found medicines that help if you are diagnosed in time. Makes life around here a bit more exciting, without having to endure tornado warnings.

Nick, your "found a pen" joke was funny. Had to +1 you, even though it was a cheap shot, sort of.

Jesus, the cracker flavored treat!