Author Topic: I believe because of miracles  (Read 7622 times)

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
Re: I believe because of miracles
« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2013, 06:53:22 AM »
War's and rumors of Wars, famines, they are all a sign that Jesus is coming soon

Andrew - please watch the direct preaching - this is a discussion forum, not a place to remind everyone that we are hell bound when your God comes back.

Offline Mrjason

• Reader
  • Darwins +93/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2013, 07:30:33 AM »
I am praying for other's and God is answering my prayers.

Praying for "other's" what exactly? Misplaced apostrophes?

Thou shalt not covert, Andrew. No, bad. BAD.

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +275/-31
« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2013, 11:44:45 AM »
With the Lord a day is as a thousand years

His point is that we've had war all over for most of human history.  Whether or not the Lord knows how long it takes for the Earth to spin 360 degrees is kind of beside the point.
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline viocjit

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +4/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2013, 11:46:01 AM »
I would like to know if you was born in a Christian Family ?
Because I think that you're a believer who has a great faith and my explication is the next "you was born in a christian family".

Offline Tonus

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +28/-0
  • WWGHA Member
    • Stuff I draw
« Reply #91 on: May 03, 2013, 02:05:50 PM »
What you don't see in that picture is that his suffering is temporary 'a blink of an eye'. What you don't see in that picture is that that person is secured ETERNALLY

Sun_king's point is that your time on this Earth is just as temporary, but god saw fit to send you an angel when you had a flat tire.  Meanwhile, tens of thousands of people die of starvation and disease every year because god doesn't send angels to them with food and medicine.  Person with a flat tire: personal messenger from god with a jack and a spare tire.  Person dying from hunger: see you in the afterlife!

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +896/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #92 on: May 03, 2013, 03:38:08 PM »

With the Lord a day is as a thousand years

If that is true, then it's even worse for the Lord to allow so many people to suffer. Because each thousand years of human suffering is just one day to god. Mosquitoes live only a few human days.  We don't care about mosquito suffering--they don't live long enough to matter. We are like mosquitoes to god.

So it's nothing for god to leave people in constant fear, horrible pain or terrible poverty.  God is all, "Hey, poor starving Afghan baby, I know your life seems like endless days of pure misery to you, but see, I'm god and it's like oh, a millisecond to me and-- oh, you're dead already. Welcome to heaven! Enjoy the lack of free will and endless praising of my holy name. Ignore the screaming of all the losers and a$$holes down in hell."

If god did not want anyone to suffer, THEY WOULD NOT SUFFER. How weak is your puny god, anyway, compared to the devil, or disease, or famine, or human nature, or "sin" or whatever?
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Andrew

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-12
  • WWGHA Member
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #93 on: May 04, 2013, 02:28:46 AM »
Here's a small miracle - I was driving around the bend and I began saying to God - 'You are not boring you created all this let's have fun together'. Then God told me to drive up to the point. I drove up to the point and parked the car and right in front of me on a sign was a sticker that said 'pause fun' and the font and everything looked like God just put it there for me. I wen't back later and it was gone. Believe me it's fun to have the creator of the Universe speak to you.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #94 on: May 04, 2013, 02:35:27 AM »
Andrew, you've given us a lot of anecdotes, but nothing really to back them up. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. How am I to believe these claims simply because you tell me. I have never, ever witnessed one of these miracles, never seen any recorded or sufficiently documented, only claimed. So you must understand why I don't believe in any of it.

Essentially what you're asking us to do is believe in a baseless claims above many other baseless claims.

What if I told you that I met went bowling with Elvis Presley's ghost, alongside Erik the Red, Gilgamesh and Loki? What if I told you Loki beat us all at bowling because as the trickster god he is, he didn't play fair. We also went to see The Avengers together and he was most amused by see himself on the big screen as a comic book villain. Gilgamesh's ghost was actually quite surprised to find that when he died he went to Valhalla and not any of the Mesopotamian underworlds, though he worshipped the wrong gods, Odin was cool about it. Erik the Red's ghost on the otherhand was like a fan boy at a Star Trek convention. I didn't really get along with Elvis though, I felt he was a bit big headed.

What if I told you that I experienced these things every day. As ghosts they unfortunely don't show up on my camera and well, Loki gets very defensive about having his picture taken, I tried it once and he destroyed my camera. I've also been to Asgard, where I actually got to meet Odin, we had a pretty big feast and got pretty drunk and it's true, he really does look like Gandalf.

These are my claims and these are my anecdotes. Do you believe I am telling the truth, or am I not? Explain why.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline Andrew

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-12
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2013, 02:42:04 AM »
Andrew, you've given us a lot of anecdotes, but nothing really to back them up. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. How am I to believe these claims simply because you tell me. I have never, ever witnessed one of these miracles, never seen any recorded or sufficiently documented, only claimed. So you must understand why I don't believe in any of it.

Essentially what you're asking us to do is believe in a baseless claims above many other baseless claims.

What if I told you that I met went bowling with Elvis Presley's ghost, alongside Erik the Red, Gilgamesh and Loki? What if I told you Loki beat us all at bowling because as the trickster god he is, he didn't play fair. We also went to see The Avengers together and he was most amused by see himself on the big screen as a comic book villain. Gilgamesh's ghost was actually quite surprised to find that when he died he went to Valhalla and not any of the Mesopotamian underworlds, though he worshipped the wrong gods, Odin was cool about it. Erik the Red's ghost on the otherhand was like a fan boy at a Star Trek convention. I didn't really get along with Elvis though, I felt he was a bit big headed.

What if I told you that I experienced these things every day. As ghosts they unfortunely don't show up on my camera and well, Loki gets very defensive about having his picture taken, I tried it once and he destroyed my camera. I've also been to Asgard, where I actually got to meet Odin, we had a pretty big feast and got pretty drunk and it's true, he really does look like Gandalf.

These are my claims and these are my anecdotes. Do you believe I am telling the truth, or am I not? Explain why.

look you don't have to believe me but none of its made up, all of it are true stories. I have only posted like 5 things out of 500. God is real in my life

Offline Andrew

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-12
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #96 on: May 04, 2013, 02:45:20 AM »
If you wan't to experience these things yourself then I suggest you start a relationship with God and pray to Him everyday. Earnestly cry out and hunger to see God and He will reveal himself to you.

Offline Andrew

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-12
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #97 on: May 04, 2013, 02:48:39 AM »
Also start with faith and give God a chance. If you start a relationship with God by faith and don't give up loving Him with all your heart you will see stuff happen when you pray.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #98 on: May 04, 2013, 02:51:21 AM »
Also start with faith and give God a chance. If you start a relationship with God by faith and don't give up loving Him with all your heart you will see stuff happen when you pray.

So you have to believe before you[1] can believe? And you wonder why your stories of your mental illness are useless as evidence...
 1. By "you" I mean a rational human being.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2013, 02:52:19 AM »
If you wan't to experience these things yourself then I suggest you start a relationship with God and pray to Him everyday. Earnestly cry out and hunger to see God and He will reveal himself to you.

Why would anyone want to experience insanity unless on drugs?

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Andrew

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-12
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2013, 02:59:12 AM »

So you have to believe before you[1] can believe? And you wonder why your stories of your mental illness are useless as evidence...
 1. By "you" I mean a rational human being.

You have to believe period. Then your faith get's stronger along the way. You begin to experience things because of your faith

Offline Andrew

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-12
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2013, 03:02:34 AM »
Here is a medium miracle - I prayed for someone with my hands laid on that persons back. When I was done praying they said that they felt a metaphysical sensation all throughout their back. I have seen the healing come in my mind and minister to the people that were around. It's real.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2013, 03:04:54 AM »
45 comments and still have said nothing.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Offline sun_king

• Graduate
  • Darwins +25/-0
  • We see things not as they are, but as we are
« Reply #103 on: May 04, 2013, 03:16:55 AM »

You have to believe period. Then your faith  delusions get's stronger along the way. You begin to experience things because of your faith delusions.

Made necessary corrections. Its a medical condition Andrew, it can be cured if treated early[1]. Period
 1. THAT would be a medium miracle

Offline Andrew

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-12
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #104 on: May 04, 2013, 03:31:46 AM »
If you don't believe in miracles watch this

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2013, 04:04:46 AM »

look you don't have to believe me but none of its made up, all of it are true stories. I have only posted like 5 things out of 500. God is real in my life

So in reality, you've come here to preach, with nothing to offer but rhetoric. It isn't how it works here. You need back up. You're trying to convince us these things happen, you've been doing it for a few pages now, but with nothing to bring to the table but rhetoric. Why is it people so often claim these miracles happen and that they are such common place that nobody is capable of recording enough evidence to make a case for miracles happening? Cases that can be proven true and not falsified. The only miracles I've ever seen recorded are ones that a magician could pull off in a stage show, which frankly, isn't substantial.

If you don't believe in miracles watch this

The video is just a testimony. If we simply relied on testimonies it would be easy to convict an innocent man.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline Andrew

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-12
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2013, 04:25:35 AM »

You have to believe period. Then your faith  delusions get's stronger along the way. You begin to experience things because of your faith delusions.

Made necessary corrections. Its a medical condition Andrew, it can be cured if treated early[1]. Period

Faith is not a delusion it is an alternative to a true delusion

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2013, 04:58:55 AM »

Faith is not a delusion it is an alternative to a true delusion

Do you understand the stupid fortune cookie shit you spew? I doubt you do.

-Nam

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2013, 06:20:21 AM »
I'm still waiting for my damn pony. ;)
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2013, 06:25:27 AM »

I suspect that Andrew is not praying for you to get a pony.

But Andrew?  Are you listening?  If you pray really hard, and Nick gets a pony, I will believe.  Ok? 

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2013, 07:02:02 AM »
What about Ambassador Pony, have you tried sitting on one knee and proposing to him? God isn't going to just make it happen, get off your arse you lazy git. ;)

However, I forgot to buy some cider when I did my weekly shop and if there sun's nice this afternoon, I wouldn't mind sitting in the garden with a nice bottole of cider. If God could leave 4 bottles of Rekorderlig cider by my back door I'll be sure to donate the cost to a Christian organisation of his choice - or of my choice, up to God really - he might not be biased to a particular Christian organisation.

I'll have a hard time proving it to my fellow atheists here, but hey, if I suddenly convert, it'd make things interesting around here. For a start, I'd be able to experience the forum in Christian shoes and well, that would be a good cause, definitely worthy of a miracle.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2013, 07:08:55 AM »
You have to believe period. Then your faith get's stronger along the way. You begin to experience things because of your faith

So, like I said, you have to believe before you can believe.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2013, 07:26:34 AM »
OK. That's enough.

Andrew, you are at a forum of adults having a discussion that follows rules of reason and evidence that you simply don't seem to understand. As a result, your posts are impotent and ignorant. Moreover, they are a direct violation of the rules you agreed to follow when you signed up. I suggest you ask a parent to look over the FAQ on this site and counsel you regarding how to be respectful of adults and others in general.

You are muted. Which means someone else must now approve your posts before they appear. This is happenning because you could not control yourself or behave respecfully (again, as you agreed to do when you signed up). I don't expect an apology, but that should figure into your discussion with mom and dad.

You can earn your way out of moderated status by not preaching and actually discussing the subject matter

« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 07:28:08 AM by Ambassador Pony »
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2013, 07:51:31 AM »
My God it worked!

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2013, 08:17:37 AM »
My God it worked!

And who said that atheists don't have a sense of humor? 

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +191/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2013, 09:50:53 AM »
Not to be an alarmist, but did anyone besides me start to think that Andrew might actually be ...a bit off? Some of his posts, when skimmed en mass start to sound a little like actual delusions and/or hallucinations. It reads to me as if he actually hears "god" speaking to him. He clearly sees "signs", some literal even.

I've been taking a lot of psychology this semester so it could just be my overactive imagination too, I freely admit that. And I'm still on my first cup of coffee. IDK, it's just a sense I got skimming the thread.
"It's hard to, but I'm starting to believe some of you actually believe these things.  That is completely beyond my ability to understand if that is really the case, but things never cease to amaze me."