Author Topic: I believe because of miracles  (Read 6748 times)

Offline Andrew

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-12
  • WWGHA Member
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
I believe because of miracles
« on: May 01, 2013, 03:39:45 AM »
One time I prayed for a lady in church who couldn't hear and when i was done praying for her she could hear. I believe because I've seen hundreds of miracles big and small. The same God of the Bible who did miracles back then still does miracles today.  Praise God I live to testify of what I have experienced and seen. God is real. Your making the wrong choice if you don't believe in Jesus. I am just warning you because hell is also real and unfathomable.

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
Re: I believe because of miracles
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 04:27:15 AM »
when I was an altar boy I saw a stunningly beautiful girl in church that really really turned me on, I made a pact with the devil there and then that if he got that girl for me, I would do anything he wanted. My father took us that very afternoon to a company picnic, where I met the girl, somehow charmed her, and spent several naked hours in Tasmanian bush probing human topographical anomalies with her.

She didn't even get pregnant even though as good catholics we took no precautions.

Praise god I live to testify of what I experienced. The devil is real,  and your god the creator created him.

and andrew you are a lying piece of proselytising scum       .................fuck the fuck off.

reporting you as a serpent in sheeps clothing
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +180/-8
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 06:55:07 AM »
OK Andrew.  Test case.  Pray for me to get something, or have something happen to me.  Then we will see if your ability to manipulate this God thing is real.  Don't tell me what it is (at least in the beginning).  I can already hear.  I'd like a pony or the correct numbers on the upcoming Powerball pick.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 07:27:57 AM »
One time I prayed for a lady in church who couldn't hear and when i was done praying for her she could hear. I believe because I've seen hundreds of miracles big and small. The same God of the Bible who did miracles back then still does miracles today.  Praise God I live to testify of what I have experienced and seen.

Anyone can type a story of a miracle on a computer screen.  You have any evidence for your statement?  I'm guessing you have nothing but a claim of miracles.

God is real. Your making the wrong choice if you don't believe in Jesus. I am just warning you because hell is also real and unfathomable.

In another thread, you said that god talks to you.  Why doesn't he talk to us directly?  It would be more convincing if he cut the middleman.
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline Dante

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-9
  • Hedonist Extraordinaire
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 07:43:38 AM »
One time I prayed for a lady in church who couldn't hear and when i was done praying for her she could hear. I believe because I've seen hundreds of miracles big and small. The same God of the Bible who did miracles back then still does miracles today.

Then why wont your god heal an amputee?? There are tons of them coming back from the middle east, your god's favorite spot to keep tabs on. Becoming amputees in your god's favorite war.....

Praise God I live to testify of what I have experienced and seen. God is real. Your making the wrong choice if you don't believe in Jesus. I am just warning you because hell is also real and unfathomable.

Ooohh, scary!!
Actually it doesn't. One could conceivably be all-powerful but not exceptionally intelligent.

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +557/-17
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 08:02:03 AM »
One time I prayed for a lady in church who couldn't hear and when i was done praying for her she could hear. I believe because I've seen hundreds of miracles big and small. The same God of the Bible who did miracles back then still does miracles today.  Praise God I live to testify of what I have experienced and seen. God is real. Your making the wrong choice if you don't believe in Jesus. I am just warning you because hell is also real and unfathomable.
"I prayed and she was healed" doesn't cut it, I'm afraid.  Now, if you had some evidence to support your claim, such as a doctor's report that she was deaf before you prayed for her, and then another report attesting that she had normal hearing after you prayed for her, then you might have something.  But I'm guessing you don't have that.

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 08:25:59 AM »
Well I think that both Andrew and kin hell have provided satisfactory evidence to demonstrate that supernatural beings intervene in our daily lives.

What else I there to say? 

Other than the fact that I'm really hoping Nick gets a pony. 

Offline Andrew

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-12
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 03:45:48 PM »
One time I prayed for a lady in church who couldn't hear and when i was done praying for her she could hear. I believe because I've seen hundreds of miracles big and small. The same God of the Bible who did miracles back then still does miracles today.  Praise God I live to testify of what I have experienced and seen.

Anyone can type a story of a miracle on a computer screen.  You have any evidence for your statement?  I'm guessing you have nothing but a claim of miracles.

God is real. Your making the wrong choice if you don't believe in Jesus. I am just warning you because hell is also real and unfathomable.

True story. And if you wan't to know why God doesn't talk to you it's because you have to have a relationship with him which i have so therefore I hear him everyday and it's not like you think but its always confirmed through miracles. When I hear his voice and obey it's often times proven to be God through the supernatural circumstances that surround what happends next. For example in my relationship with God i was playing boggle on the ipad. I heard God say let your opponant goes first (its random mixing up of letters) well they got a low score I went second like God said and got a supernaturally high score. 

In another thread, you said that god talks to you.  Why doesn't he talk to us directly?  It would be more convincing if he cut the middleman.

Offline Andrew

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-12
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 03:52:56 PM »
If i didn't listen and went first i would have got a low scrore. It's like if you were living the life of Paul today in the power of God everyday hearing God and seeing miracles. Would you doubt? It's like that for me I have no reason to doubt i see cool things eveyday in my relationship with God that you can only have by faith and a relationship with Jesus.

Offline Andrew

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-12
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 03:59:30 PM »
One time I had a shell and annoiting oil. God told me to give my friend the annointing oil but not the shell. I didn't understand because they go together. Anyway I went to visit him in the hospital and the doctor said you can only give him the oil but not the shell. Wow I was hearing God that day that was definitely him telling me that because I wouldn't have been allowed to give the shell anyway. Stuff like that happends all day everyday and confirms that voice that I hear that it is from the Lord. These are just small miracles that happen all throughout each day everyday when I hear Him.

Offline Andrew

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-12
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2013, 04:02:16 PM »
My friend heard God say at dinner one night "order anything you want". He thought that was funny because he has no money but continued to hear "order whatever you want". At the end of the night a guy from the other table said he would cover the entire tab  on the table my friend was sitting on.

Offline Andrew

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-12
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2013, 04:08:44 PM »
That was just a random guy from another table

Offline Andrew

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-12
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2013, 04:16:43 PM »
One time I prayed for a lady in church who couldn't hear and when i was done praying for her she could hear. I believe because I've seen hundreds of miracles big and small. The same God of the Bible who did miracles back then still does miracles today.

Then why wont your god heal an amputee?? There are tons of them coming back from the middle east, your god's favorite spot to keep tabs on. Becoming amputees in your god's favorite war.....

Praise God I live to testify of what I have experienced and seen. God is real. Your making the wrong choice if you don't believe in Jesus. I am just warning you because hell is also real and unfathomable.

Ooohh, scary!!

Haven't you ever heard of the creative miracles that are going on around the globe. Eyeballs are growing in the their sockets, legs are growing out to normal size, bones being manufactured. Your just bitter at God because He's not doing what you wan't when you wan't. Thats scary.

Offline Andrew

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-12
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2013, 04:21:01 PM »
when I was an altar boy I saw a stunningly beautiful girl in church that really really turned me on, I made a pact with the devil there and then that if he got that girl for me, I would do anything he wanted. My father took us that very afternoon to a company picnic, where I met the girl, somehow charmed her, and spent several naked hours in Tasmanian bush probing human topographical anomalies with her.

She didn't even get pregnant even though as good catholics we took no precautions.

Praise god I live to testify of what I experienced. The devil is real,  and your god the creator created him.

and andrew you are a lying piece of proselytising scum       .................fuck the fuck off.

reporting you as a serpent in sheeps clothing

Created him as the lead worship angel full of glory and gave him a choice and since he thought that he could be greater than God and chose to rebel - he is now called the devil in hell. Humans like yourself also have a choice.

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2013, 04:35:26 PM »
Andrew-

This is a discussion forum.  If there are issues you would like to discuss, please feel free to do so.  This string of posts with random, unrelated thoughts is really not an appropriate way to participate.

I asked you if you thought my interpretation of the video that you posted was accurate.  Why, or why not.

It would be courteous of you to respond. 

Your video and my response were in another thread. 

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +557/-17
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2013, 04:47:33 PM »
First off, Andrew, please work on your quoting.

True story. And if you wan't to know why God doesn't talk to you it's because you have to have a relationship with him which i have so therefore I hear him everyday and it's not like you think but its always confirmed through miracles. When I hear his voice and obey it's often times proven to be God through the supernatural circumstances that surround what happends next. For example in my relationship with God i was playing boggle on the ipad. I heard God say let your opponant goes first (its random mixing up of letters) well they got a low score I went second like God said and got a supernaturally high score.
I think you're misusing the word "supernaturally" here.  By the way, how high a score was it?  I don't play Boggle, but I know that people can get very high scores in it.

If i didn't listen and went first i would have got a low scrore. It's like if you were living the life of Paul today in the power of God everyday hearing God and seeing miracles. Would you doubt? It's like that for me I have no reason to doubt i see cool things eveyday in my relationship with God that you can only have by faith and a relationship with Jesus.
Actually, this is a pretty common mistake people make - they assume that if their positions were reversed, their performance would have been as well.  Also, did you seriously just compare your score at a computer to Biblical miracles?

One time I had a shell and annoiting oil. God told me to give my friend the annointing oil but not the shell. I didn't understand because they go together. Anyway I went to visit him in the hospital and the doctor said you can only give him the oil but not the shell. Wow I was hearing God that day that was definitely him telling me that because I wouldn't have been allowed to give the shell anyway. Stuff like that happends all day everyday and confirms that voice that I hear that it is from the Lord. These are just small miracles that happen all throughout each day everyday when I hear Him.
This is a pretty mundane thing to be claiming as an act of God.  Honestly, it sounds more like you're imagining the voice of God telling you these things after they've already happened, thus giving you a 100% 'success' rate.

My friend heard God say at dinner one night "order anything you want". He thought that was funny because he has no money but continued to hear "order whatever you want". At the end of the night a guy from the other table said he would cover the entire tab  on the table my friend was sitting on.
And how do you know your friend wasn't playing a trick on you because he knew you'd believe him if he said God had told him that?  This isn't even your testimony, it's hearsay.

Haven't you ever heard of the creative miracles that are going on around the globe. Eyeballs are growing in the their sockets, legs are growing out to normal size, bones being manufactured. Your just bitter at God because He's not doing what you wan't when you wan't. Thats scary.
Amazing how not one of these "creative miracles" ever happens where a scientist or trained observer can take observations on them, thus being in a position to confirm whether they're real or not.

In short, Andrew, we're going to need more than just your word that these things happen.  Because people can and do make claims like this when they feel they can get away with it.  Many times, they even fool themselves into thinking they're telling the truth, rather than something they imagined or made up.  In short, we're not really interested in hearing yet another true believer's stories about all these amazing things that he swears are true but can't provide the slightest shred of evidence to support.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +849/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2013, 06:05:55 PM »
I believe in miracles....you sexy thang, you. Owwwowww! Everybody git up an' dance! C'mon, atheists, Christians, Muslims, everyone shake whatcha mama gave ya!

« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 06:08:26 PM by nogodsforme »
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2013, 06:06:22 PM »

I think someone's having you on, Andrew.  I honestly do believe that some preacher or missionary has outright lied to you about this, and that you lack the critical thinking skills to see through their lies.

You see, I work in the medical field and am currently employed by a very large hospital.  My job is to type medical reports.  Since I started doing this kind of work nearly seven years ago, I estimate that I've typed about 40,000 reports.  (Yes, I really do type that fast and that accurately -- Approaching 100 WPM.)  I have an excellent knowledge of human anatomy and biochemistry, and actually understand what I'm typing; that's how I know how to flag mis-dictated prescription doses so that the doctor can make corrections before he or she signs the letter.

In the past seven years, among those 40,000 reports, guess how many reports of medical miracles I've transcribed?

Zero.

Not.  A.  Single.  One.

No one in this city of 600,000+ people, nor in the surrounding province, has ever received a "miraculous healing" that was miraculous enough to attract the attention of even one of the doctors I work for.  And a good many of them are involved in medical research, eagerly on the lookout for new therapies for everything from epilepsy to pancreatic cancer to foot ulcers.

All these supposed "miracles" seem to come from people telling wild stories they heard about something that someone else saw happen in an unnamed village halfway around the world.  None of them are coming from the people I work for -- People who have devoted their lives to healing.

I believe the doctors.  I do not believe you.  End of statement.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +308/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2013, 06:55:08 PM »
[sorry]
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 06:58:12 PM by Nam »
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +308/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2013, 06:57:29 PM »
Andrew's got to be a joke. Sounds like an atheist pretending to be a Christian. And if not: dude's nuts.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2013, 07:21:54 PM »
You don't believe at all, obviously.  But hey, if there is a god, he is already well aware of your "faith".

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2013, 07:42:21 PM »
Andrew's got to be a joke. Sounds like an atheist pretending to be a Christian.

This is what I was thinking. Either he's a poe or he's just naive. The "miracles" he is mentioning in this thread just seem too unbelievable. OK, sure, I don't believe in god and with that don't believe in miracles, but seriously, god telling a friend to order "anything" only to have a stranger pick up the tab seems too far fetched and unbelievable. It's nice that god took care of your buddy, Andy, but that miracle you mention just strengthens one of my biggest grievances with your god: the starving children that god has not lifted a finger for.

But seriously, there has only been one documented case of a miracle in all of history. See, watch:

The 1980 US Olympic Hockey Team.

"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Andrew

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-12
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2013, 09:07:33 PM »
Andrew-

This is a discussion forum.  If there are issues you would like to discuss, please feel free to do so.  This string of posts with random, unrelated thoughts is really not an appropriate way to participate.

I asked you if you thought my interpretation of the video that you posted was accurate.  Why, or why not.

It would be courteous of you to respond. 

Your video and my response were in another thread.
I don't think they are random unrelated thoughts. I shared a big miracle that I experienced and it's a true story so I also thought that i would like to share 3 smaller miracles as well. Like I said I see big and small ones so I thought I'd share. I could make like 500 posts about all sorts of different ones but i only made 4 posts so that we can discuss them. I figure most people here will laugh at the little ones but they also prove God is speaking to me because it would be impossible to know that i couldn't give the shell. Impossible for my friend to know that the random person would pay his tab.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +748/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2013, 09:27:47 PM »
Andrew

I know many religious people, quite a few of which are offended or at least disturbed that I am an atheist. I have had many long discussions about religion with some of them. None of them, and I mean absolutely zero, have ever claimed that their god speaks to them or does daily miracles.

They tell me that they are influenced by their thoughts of god and righteousness and their hope of getting into heaven by doing good deeds. But none of them have ever told me that they hear his voice.

Very few christians that have come to this site have made such claims. A few have, in various forms (a recent one somehow managed to tie the movie "Pale Rider" to the fact that he owned a gray car and called that proof that there is a god). But most of our christian visitors, no matter how ardent, etc. they are, never mention this "god talks to me and helps me win iPad games and everything" stuff.

Why are you so special?

Tell you what. Instead of praying for cute little things, why don't you pray for an end to world hunger or to war or other horrible occurrences. If you and your god are that tight, I'm pretty sure he'll take your requests under advisement, and even if he happens to choose not to absolutely end any of those things, maybe he'll kind of tone the problem down a little, and you can take the credit, and we'll all worship you too, as a hero for the ages.

Of course, if that would take away from game time on your computer, don't worry about it. I wouldn't want to interfere with anything important.

By the way, you might ask god which is right: want or wan't. He probably knows.
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline Andrew

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-12
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2013, 09:46:05 PM »
Andrew

I know many religious people, quite a few of which are offended or at least disturbed that I am an atheist. I have had many long discussions about religion with some of them. None of them, and I mean absolutely zero, have ever claimed that their god speaks to them or does daily miracles.

They tell me that they are influenced by their thoughts of god and righteousness and their hope of getting into heaven by doing good deeds. But none of them have ever told me that they hear his voice.

Very few christians that have come to this site have made such claims. A few have, in various forms (a recent one somehow managed to tie the movie "Pale Rider" to the fact that he owned a gray car and called that proof that there is a god). But most of our christian visitors, no matter how ardent, etc. they are, never mention this "god talks to me and helps me win iPad games and everything" stuff.

Why are you so special?

Tell you what. Instead of praying for cute little things, why don't you pray for an end to world hunger or to war or other horrible occurrences. If you and your god are that tight, I'm pretty sure he'll take your requests under advisement, and even if he happens to choose not to absolutely end any of those things, maybe he'll kind of tone the problem down a little, and you can take the credit, and we'll all worship you too, as a hero for the ages.

Of course, if that would take away from game time on your computer, don't worry about it. I wouldn't want to interfere with anything important.

By the way, you might ask god which is right: want or wan't. He probably knows.

War and all those things are written in the Bible as a sign that Jesus is coming soon. I am not so special. Millions of Christians around the world claim to experience the same thing I have. We are not talking about powerless doctrine but a living relationship with God as Father. Jesus also said my sheep will hear my voice. So it's just something that I believe and live by.

Offline Andrew

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-12
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2013, 09:53:26 PM »
Parking places did you see the testimony I posted of Angelica Zambrino in the thread repent or perish.

Offline Andrew

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-12
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2013, 10:14:12 PM »
Here's a medium size miracle. I was driving home from church one night on the freeway and my right tire popped. I immediately began calling upon God and having absolute trust that He would help me (since I had no phone). And I kid you not the second car that passed by pulled over and happened to be a mechanic. By the time I finished using his phone (and didn't get through to anyone) he had already fixed the tire completely and when I looked at his phone the header on it was this "praise God". Who knows that might have been an angel since I know that they were all around me and following me home because I saw them and could feel them all around me.

Offline DumpsterFire

• Graduate
  • Darwins +61/-0
  • The Flaming Duck of Death!
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2013, 10:25:35 PM »
Changing a flat tire is not generally a feat that requires the assistance of a mechanic, much less a god. Why didn't you just change it yourself?
Providing rednecks with sunblock since 1996.

I once met a man who claimed to be a genius, then boasted that he was a member of "Mesa".

Think for yourself.

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2013, 10:27:18 PM »
By the time I finished using his phone (and didn't get through to anyone) he had already fixed the tire completely and when I looked at his phone the header on it was this "praise God". Who knows that might have been an angel since I know that they were all around me and following me home because I saw them and could feel them all around me.

Vastly more plausible explanation:  He was a nice person who saw your car on the side of the road, and he decided to help you.  As for the header on his phone, all that indicates is that he happened to be a believer.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles