Author Topic: Sexploitation Films  (Read 479 times)

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +311/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Sexploitation Films
« on: April 30, 2013, 11:33:30 PM »
I am currently watching about 100 sexploitation films. I can't stop buying these, mainly awful films, it's a disease. It has to be. Perhaps I'm getting sick of watching good films. ;)

Anyway, I watched one called Pick-Up (1975), and though it's not really a "sexploitation" film it was really fucked up. I wrote a review of it at http://tcm.com -- not a good review but they didn't have one so I wrote one.

A part of me thought it was boring but I liked the music, and that kept me awake. It's set in the Everglades (filmed there). Extreme amounts of nudity (but not like most sexploitation films), which was nice but it happened way too frequently and seemingly without plot. Oh, it basically has no plot.

There was a scene of a Priest raping one of the female characters when she was a young girl (you know this because her hair is in a ponytail) so, I guess that's before they switched to little boys. ;)

I think it's one of those films that you have to be on acid to really understand it.

Anyway, thought I'd share.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
Re: Sexploitation Films
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 01:05:57 AM »
that link is useless
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +311/-84
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 01:56:54 AM »
Works for me but it doesn't go to my review um...that'd be: http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/498320/Pick-Up/user-reviews.html

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +311/-84
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 11:03:36 AM »
Highly recommend The Pink Angels (1972), it seems to be a parody of biker films, quite funny in parts but then in the last 30 seconds it punches you in the face and tells you to wake up. I also feel it applies to the way some people think in today's society.

-Nam

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +662/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 01:51:12 PM »
hey, Dan Haggerty was in it.  Anyone remember Grizzley Adams?
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +311/-84
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 04:13:13 PM »
I have a few of his movies. I think he's in one of my Troy Donahue movies (from the 1990's).

-Nam