Author Topic: Evil Geniuses [Was: Re: Theists - Lets discuss this man.]  (Read 469 times)

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
Evil Geniuses [Was: Re: Theists - Lets discuss this man.]
« on: April 28, 2013, 09:31:23 PM »
I demand a real bad-ass satan. One who can help me become devious and everything. I've always wanted to be devious. But nooooo!

Pending the arrival or evolution of a bad-ass satan, perhaps we should set up a support group for frustrated evil geniuses.  I can see the subfora now:  "Mwahahahahaha!" (humour for EGs); "Henchmen"; "Fluffy White Cats"; and "Evil Plotholes."
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
Re: Re: Theists - Lets discuss this man.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 10:29:37 PM »
Satan is making me think this way? What a wimp. He could have me planning bank robberies, plotting murders or running for political office, and all he has me do is not believe?

Here I am supposedly aligned with an ex-angel with lots of pull, and the best I can do is be an atheist? Aren't I supposed to get a bit more than that in return for selling my soul? Can I complain the some consumer protection agency?

But don't you see?  Being an atheist automatically makes you eeeeeevil!  Because you have no guide for your morality, you're commenting the heinous act of uh... uh... saying that god doesn't exist!  In public, no less!  Bank robberies are bad, but not believing?  Why, that's just wrong.
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +756/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 11:10:02 PM »
I demand a real bad-ass satan. One who can help me become devious and everything. I've always wanted to be devious. But nooooo!

Pending the arrival or evolution of a bad-ass satan, perhaps we should set up a support group for frustrated evil geniuses.  I can see the subfora now:  "Mwahahahahaha!" (humour for EGs); "Henchmen"; "Fluffy White Cats"; and "Evil Plotholes."

Ha! I'm trying to imagine a bunch of actually nice people trying to learn evility (I love making up words). One of us would say that we went an extra day without polishing our shoes and another would say that he is thinking about putting his haircut off until Tuesday and a horrified third member would say she thought about throwing away some leftovers but couldn't help herself and ate them for dinner instead  and we'd all just give up and go home.

Being dastardly is hard when you don't understand how wretched your soul is. May the non-lord have irrelevant mercy on our non-souls.
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-3
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 11:46:52 PM »
Ha! I'm trying to imagine a bunch of actually nice people trying to learn evility (I love making up words).

;D  It's a hard row to hoe, PP.  I've been trying to convince My best friend that I'm actually a trickster goddess, but the moment I do something un-tricksterlike (e.g. courier a lost bunny rabbit to an animal shelter) she goes "See? See?"  And I don't think I could fake Dastardly long enough to convince the Conclave to give Me black robes in place of My white ones, either.  *sighs heavily*

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +862/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 10:32:40 AM »

"Awesome Outfits", "That One Fatal Weakness", "Creepy Effeminate Mannerisms", "Long Rambling Monologues Describing Your Evil Plans", "Weird Vices",  and "Unlikely Vehicles" would have to be included. Also: "Dastardly Schemes Too Complex and Psycho to Actually Work".

Would my Unlikely Vehicle crash after hitting an Evil Plothole? :angel:
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 10:34:38 AM by nogodsforme »
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-3
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 12:24:19 PM »

Well, if your Unlikely Vehicle was powered by mutant chickens but you were plotting to use a strain of avian flu to wipe out humanity, you might unexpectedly run out of fuel during a critical chase scene.  ;D

Offline Samothec

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +49/-2
Re: Evil Geniuses [Was: Re: Theists - Lets discuss this man.]
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 02:23:28 PM »
I'm trying to figure out what forum the following thread would go in:

Eric Cartman & Stewie Griffin (once they're old enough) - the perfect evil couple?
Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding. - Martin Luther

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +862/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 04:13:01 PM »

Well, if your Unlikely Vehicle was powered by mutant chickens but you were plotting to use a strain of avian flu to wipe out humanity, you might unexpectedly run out of fuel during a critical chase scene.  ;D

No, no, no! The chase scene has to involve crashing into a village market stall so piles of vegetables fall over and then the chickens--mutant or otherwise-- all run around squawking....

Does the hero ever pay the villagers for destroying their produce? Is there superhero insurance for that?

Another subforum would have to be: Cool Lair Decor/Mysterious Labore-atory Accessories.
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2013, 07:56:25 PM »
I knew a bloke who'd definitely sold his soul to the devil.
He was putrescence walking, a blight on everything he touched, malevolence personified but well hidden with practised deceit.

He absolutely sucked at guitar, but the funny thing was he thought he was brilliant at it.
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-3
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2013, 10:19:57 PM »

Eric Cartman & Stewie Griffin (once they're old enough) - the perfect evil couple?

That's a tough one.  Two evil geniuses in close proximity usually results in either a very uneasy partnership or outright war between the factions.  Either it should go in a Relationships thread entitled "When is a good time to betray my partner?" or the two of them should just set up an Evil Consulting Service and spam the heck out of the forum.

Offline Willie

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +72/-1
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2013, 02:00:29 AM »
Also: "Dastardly Schemes Too Complex and Psycho to Actually Work".

In that is revealed the evil geniuses' dirty little secret: they're not all that evil. Their evil brilliance is just a show meant to impress. It's the only way they've found to shore up their low self esteem because their social anxiety keeps them from succeeding by more positive means. This is why, when they manage to capture their do-gooder nemeses, they attempt to do them in using elaborate, time consuming schemes that give plenty of opportunity for escape and/or rescue, instead of using the much simpler and more effective methods that real bad guys would use. They don't really want to do-in the good guys. They just want to pose enough of a challenge to be recognized as a worthy opponent.

At some time in their life, they wanted to be loved, but their social anxiety kept that from happening. Now they're just trying for whatever recognition they can get. Anything but being ignored and forgotten.

Offline Samothec

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +49/-2
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2013, 11:00:51 AM »
That's a tough one.  Two evil geniuses in close proximity usually results in either a very uneasy partnership or outright war between the factions.  Either it should go in a Relationships thread entitled "When is a good time to betray my partner?" or the two of them should just set up an Evil Consulting Service and spam the heck out of the forum.
I guess deep down I'm a romantic who hopes they could just find love.   :'(

In that is revealed the evil geniuses' dirty little secret: they're not all that evil. ...
At some time in their life, they wanted to be loved, but their social anxiety kept that from happening. Now they're just trying for whatever recognition they can get. Anything but being ignored and forgotten.
Isn't that what all[1] of us want?

Speaking of Evil Geniuses - has anyone else read Catherine Jinks' trilogy? Evil Genius, Genius Squad, and Genius Wars (young adult novels)
http://www.amazon.com/Evil-Genius-Catherine-Jinks/dp/0152061851
 1. almost all?
Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding. - Martin Luther