Author Topic: Sad news  (Read 376 times)

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
Sad news
« on: April 29, 2013, 07:58:20 AM »
Tim Tebow was released by the Jets today.  It just makes you sad when a God you build your life around abandons you.  Maybe when He closes a door on your ass He will open a window to go thru.  Hope its not on an 8 story building.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +37/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
Re: Sad news
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 08:32:57 AM »
It seems when I hear about Tebow being talked about, it's usually something about his faith.  Very rarely do I hear people talk about what a horrible quarterback he is.  When he was in the spotlight constantly, I just stopped watching ESPN or anything about sports.  It was everyone giving interviews about what a nice guy he is and that he's a Christian.  They seemed to rush the stats of whatever game his teamed played that Sunday.  "Tebow went 6 for 35 and had 135 yards rushing.  15 more than their runningback."  And that would be about it for the numbers of the game as they would then go into a ten minute series of interviews from players and coaches saying what a nice Christian he is. 

I don't hate the guy, I just don't think he is good enough to play in the NFL.
Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +703/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 09:31:42 AM »
Very rarely do I hear people talk about what a horrible quarterback he is.

I live in Jets territory.  I heard it every single day on sports radio.

I don't hate the guy, I just don't think he is good enough to play in the NFL.

I dislike the guy. His stupid Iron Age beliefs add to human suffering.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +37/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 10:00:08 AM »
I live in Jets territory.  I heard it every single day on sports radio.
At the time he was receiving all the attention my source for all things Tebow was ESPN on tv.  Maybe they had some people not gushing over him but I guess didn't see it.  The sports radio station I listen to occasionally is based in St. Louis, so during football season it's usually about the Rams and boils down to "well there's always next year."  I'm not an avid sports guy so if they were deploring Tebow's playing ability, I must not have been listening.
Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +703/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 10:30:41 AM »
I'm not an avid sports guy so if they were deploring Tebow's playing ability, I must not have been listening.

You woudn't have heard it.  It was mostly local.  The main guy who was killing Tebow was Mike Francessa, who does have a show picked up by YES, the Yankees tv channel, which is carried on a lot of cable and satellite networks. But unless you watched that, your only source would have been ESPN (which I do not get).  So, your point is at least 90% right.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Online LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +132/-6
  • I'm Your Nurse, Not Your Waitress...
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 11:15:56 PM »
He was such a great Christian but he posed in some magazine half naked in provocative positions.  (Yes, he looked hot) But let a prominent female Christian do the same and see what happens!
It doesn't make sense to let go of something you've had for so long.  But it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's actually nothing there.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +337/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 12:50:52 AM »
Dude wouldn't last 5 minutes here. ;)

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.