Author Topic: Repent or perish  (Read 3795 times)

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +175/-73
Re: Repent or perish
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2013, 07:52:23 AM »
Sounds like you enoyed it then?

The 2010 world cup was ruined for me by that slippery bastard Paul.

Offline Tero

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +17/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2013, 07:59:56 AM »
You do not know it's the ONLY way and without Christ in your life as your Lord and Savior and you hearing His voice daily obeying him... without repenting...
This is uncanny, how did YOU know? You must be psychic.   :laugh: I truly did not know.

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2013, 08:04:16 AM »

I actually found it really fascinating.  What is your take on this MM?

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +783/-4
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2013, 01:03:19 PM »
I once tutored an older black man who told me about a "vision" he had that was almost exactly like this, just without the Selena bit because he had never heard of her. Michael Jackson was in it, because sinful famous celebrity. And there were also aliens involved who were battling for his mind.

I decided that the man was what we call in academia "crazy as eff you see kay" and made sure that I was never alone with him anymore.

I am sure he is in heaven with the angels now. :angel:
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2013, 01:21:03 PM »
Damn...and I was ready to repent after this weekend.  Now what am I suppose to do? >:(
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2013, 03:17:06 PM »
Did Andrew really think he could come here, make 9 posts, and convince an atheists board to repent and bow down to Jesus?  That would be a miracle.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +175/-73
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2013, 04:41:31 PM »

I actually found it really fascinating.  What is your take on this MM?

I don't really have a take on it. I certainly don't have an hour to watch it.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2013, 02:52:28 AM »
I know you take this lightly because you've convinced yourself that there is no God or no such thing as hell.

Actually, the Bible itself convinced me it was full of shit. i had nothing to do with it.

Your mind has become a slave to demonic lies and you have convinced yourself that they are true.

And this is one of those things it convinced me of: nonsense.

The reality of the situation is that there is a narrow way to Heaven and few find it and a broad way to hell and many go in it.

You seem to be full of nonsense, yourself.

You have no idea what your

"your" should be "you're".

...in for if you reject the gospel and do not repent.

Nothing?

You do not know it's the ONLY way and without Christ in your life as your Lord and Savior and you hearing His voice daily obeying him... without repenting of you sins and turning to God's grace you will perish and nothing could prepare you for separation from God

Already there, my main man. Thank Namgod. Hallelujah, praise pickled eggs!

...because while you are still yet alive you still experience rain, and life, and food, and many blessings from God.

Say what? Homeboy you smoking the pipe too much.

Anything good in your life comes from God

Wrong.

...and if you reject God then when you die you will be separated and there will be no more water no more life, nor more good things only the painful fire of God withdrawing his presence.

Just say no to drugs, man...and apparently religion. It does nothing but make you say some crazy shit.

-Nam
This is my signature "Nam", don't I have nice typing skills?

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2013, 03:06:11 AM »

Ok.  Stop the presses here.  I just finished listening to this entire video, and I have to say, that if this testimony is true (and I see no reason to doubt it) there is a lot that we can all learn from this young girl. 

I’m going to offer a brief synopsis of the most important points, and then provide my interpretation of this important testimony.

To make a long story short, the Lord God decided to make this girl dead for a while, in order to bring her on a fairly comprehensive tour of both heaven and hell.     The Lord God himself served as tour guide.  She found him to be very handsome.  According to her testimony, however, he was not a very happy God, as evidenced by the fact that he spent a whole lot of time crying during her visit.  But I’ll get to that later.  The whole purpose of this tour was to give this kid the message to go back to earth to beseech the living to do the stuff that is important to the Lord God. 

Apparently, there is a whole lot of misinformation here on earth about the stuff that the Lord God wants us to do.   This testimony was really jam-packed with info, but let me give you some of the highlights.

After a brief intro, the handsome Lord God took her against her will to hell, to witness the suffering going on down there.  And let me tell you, it is really bad.  Worse than anything you can imagine.  The demons are very very busy, creating individualized torture for the thousands of fallen human souls down there.  And these demons have DARTS with your name on them.  They also do things like set folks on fire, and then create something that looks like rain, and all the wretched souls run towards the rain, only to find that it is come chemical that makes the burning fire sting even more.  So it is psychological and physical torture.  Can you imagine?

The kid saw her great grandmother there, begging the Lord to forgive her.  But He just cried, and said it was too late.  Apparently, during her life, great grandma had some trouble with forgiveness.  So in spite of the fact that it made Him weep, the Lord just couldn’t forgive her once she was dead.

There were a lot of other folks in hell too.  Pope John Paul II was there.  When the kid asked why, pointing out that he offered masses and prayed to the Lord, God pulled down a magical screen, and showed the kid that he took a lot of money from his masses, and also that he fornicated with nuns.  I have to admit, I did not know this.

Michael Jackson was there too.  He, apparently, had made pacts with demons in exchange for fame. 

More importantly for this Ecuadorian girl’s Latin American audience, was the fact that Selena was there.  Now if you weren’t hanging out with young Latin Americans in 1995, when the young up and coming singer was murdered, you might not understand the significance of this.  But I’ve got to tell you, this woman was loved.  Almost worshipped.  The Lord God did not say explicitly what she had done to merit eternal damnation, but I’m guessing it had something to do with scanty clothes and suggestive lyrics.  Selena took the time to talk to our young protagonist, and tell her that Selena suffers EVEN MORE every time someone on earth listens to one of her songs, and Selena herself begged that no one ever listen to her music again. 

Now if you don’t want to cause poor dead Selena any additional pain in hell, don’t watch this video.  But it has gotten almost 9 million hits already, so if you want to take a little peek, I mean, you won’t be the only sinner out there.

The poor kid’s tour of hell continued, and she was dismayed to see a little 8 year old boy suffering there.  “But why Lord?” she beseeched.  The Lord explained that this kid played video games and watched Pokemon (who apparently are demon-inspired), and was subsequently disrespectful to his parents.  His parents didn’t use the rod.  Apparently the Lord  really wants parents to use the rod on disobedient kids.  And this kid has to suffer for all of eternity, since his parents didn’t hit him enough.  Who knew?  The Lord wept some more.  He spent a lot of time crying.

Upon completion of the hell-leg of the tour, the pair ascended into heaven, where you will be pleased to know that everyone is very youthful.  Like 15 year olds.  Who wouldn’t want to be 15 for all of eternity?

They ran into lots of the Lord’s favorite historical characters during this leg of the tour.  Even though they were all 15 year olds, she knew who they all were.  They ran into Solomon and Mary Magdalene and Sarah.  They also ran into Mary, the mother of God.  The Lord was very clear that Mary doesn’t know anything about stuff going on here on earth, and that those who worship her are wasting their time.  You have to worship Him, not her. 

Here are some more random things this kid learned on the heaven-leg of the tour:

•   The Lord will lovingly refer to you and his followers as His Servants in heaven
•   There angels in heaven engage in construction projects – there is manual labor in the afterlife
•   God wants us to pass out leaflets about Him
•   The Lord still has scars on his hands, and they won’t go away until everyone loves Him. 

Then the Lord said it was time to send her back to her family.  She protested, (which didn’t anger the Lord a bit!) and said that she wanted to stay with Him.  He said that she had to return to her family.  Having spent so much time in the afterlife, the kid had forgotten all about the existence of her family.  But the Lord showed her her body on earth, and he family members, and then she remembered. 

He took her to a crystalline river of living water, and told her to submerge herself, and she was even happier than she had been before.  After a bit of a dispute about the fact that He wanted her to return to earth and she didn’t want to go, He showed her babies disappearing from the wombs of women, and screaming and pre-rapture stuff that I admit I really didn’t understand, with people running around and getting into accidents.   The Lord started crying again, and explained that all of these poor souls were going to be left behind when He returns to earth, unless this kid does a really good job of promoting her story on youtube. 

At the end of the video, we see the young girl has grown into a young woman, and is now filling up stadiums telling people her story.  The Lord still talks to her, and asks her to tell folks that He is coming RIGHT AWAY for His holy people.  She has, it appears, been influenced by all of the crying that the Lord did in heaven, and has trouble telling His story without weeping herself.   

I think maybe we should take this testimony seriously.  Hell looks really bad, and even though some of us will be servants and manual laborers in the celestial afterlife, it sure beats the alternative. 

And what possible motive could this girl have to make this up?  It is too specific to be a fantasy or illness induced illusion.  And she just seems really credible.

edited for typos

You do realize that the words spoken did not match her lip movements AT ALL, right? For all anyone knows it's someone just saying anything and not what the girl was actually saying.

But I do love how Christians always use, "I died and saw God" or some variant.

-Nam

Offline Anfauglir

• Darwins +407/-5
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2013, 03:42:29 AM »
(I)  will not return back to this site ever again.

Ten to one this is a lie.  QFT.

It WAS a lie.  Andrew was online on Sunday 28th, at 8:30:41 AM.   A whole day AFTER he said he "will not return back to this site ever again" (my emphasis).

So Andrew - when you read this (as I'm sure you will), will you tell us why you lied?  Doesn't your god have a commandment about that?
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +618/-23
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2013, 09:56:51 AM »
What I find interesting is the thread title.  Repent or perish.  Or, "believe what I believe or die".  An explicit threat.  It makes me wonder how xians don't even realize they use threats to try to coerce people to go along with their baloney.  That we do not have a way to control these kinds of people makes me think there is no hope for our species.  The sooner we are extinct, the sooner god dies too. 
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Garja

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +38/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2013, 10:31:51 AM »
Did Andrew really think he could come here, make 9 posts, and convince an atheists board to repent and bow down to Jesus?  That would be a miracle.

He thought "maybe they dont know they will get eternal torture for (choosing? to) not believe in an illogical god concept".  I'll tell them - that will win 'em over!

Isn't amazing how
"One of the near-death experience truths is that each person integrates their near-death experience into their own pre-existing belief system." - Jody Long, NDERF.org
http://near-death.com/hindu.html
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 10:39:41 AM by Garja »
"If we look back into history for the character of the present sects in Christianity, we shall find few that have not in their turns been persecutors, and complainers of persecution."

-Benjamin Franklin

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +783/-4
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2013, 03:51:39 PM »
I looked through the near death research website looking for, well, research. Studies, protocols, anything like science. Evidently, they don't really do any research. But they have collected hundreds of self-reported "experiences" from "experiencers" that they use as their "research". It is basically a database of stories.

Since they have no screening criteria for submitting "experiences", anyone can fill out their on-line questionnaire. No way of knowing if these accounts are all from people who actually had the experience, fictional stories from one creative person using different email addresses, or made up by a handful of international college student jokers using different computers and having a good laugh.

I was curious to see if anyone saw religious figures from a different religion or one they had never heard of. Like, do Christians ever see Ganesha? Do Muslims ever see Shango? The part that actually made me sad and angry was the nature of the questions asked. Any court would toss out most of them as "leading the witness", to say the least.

Questions like: Did you see an unearthly light? Did you leave your body? Did you pass through a tunnel? Did you have a feeling of wonder and joy? Did you see Hell? Did you encounter a mystical being? Did you see deceased spirits? Did you see Jesus, Muhammed or Buddha (or Mr. Spock, Mr. Peanut, Thor or Cthtulu &))? Yes or No

How many people are going to log into this site to check no, no, no, I am not special, I just died, saw nothing and then came back. From my brief preusal of the site, only a handful of people saw nothing, experienced "a void", had negative feelings, or saw only hell but not heaven. 

And what the hell is a "deceased spirit", when it's at home? How would I distinguish it from a live spirit or an undead spirit? What is a spirit?

If they really wanted to do research, they would have to get a random survey of all kinds of people to find out how many had something they thought was an NDE, and be careful not to lead them through what such an experience should include.[1] There did not seem to be a control group of any kind to see how many people get very sick and don't have any NDE's.

Instead, they trawl through people who already believe they had NDE's and collect their "experiences". If they really think this is research, it makes me sad. If they know they are not really doing anything but promoting what may be a urban myth, it makes me angry.
 1. Since the NDE lore is so much part of popular culture now, it may be as impossible to get objective accounts, just as it would be hard to find out who has really been abducted by aliens.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Garja

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +38/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2013, 10:33:17 PM »
I was curious to see if anyone saw religious figures from a different religion or one they had never heard of. Like, do Christians ever see Ganesha? Do Muslims ever see Shango? The part that actually made me sad and angry was the nature of the questions asked. Any court would toss out most of them as "leading the witness", to say the least.

This was the kind of info I started looking for, but lost interest rather quickly.  Ive always thought NDE's were rather lame, even when I was a Christian I didn't give them a hell of a lot of credence. But I will say if there was a life-long Hasidic Jew, or devout Muslim had a NDE and was like "Jesus was there, he told me what I was doing was wrong and needed to do x,y,z" THEN maybe.... maybe, you could get a little bit of value from something like that.... otherwise I just call bullshit.
"If we look back into history for the character of the present sects in Christianity, we shall find few that have not in their turns been persecutors, and complainers of persecution."

-Benjamin Franklin

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2013, 10:58:06 PM »
I know you take this lightly because you've convinced yourself that there is no God or no such thing as hell. Your mind has become a slave to demonic lies and you have convinced yourself that they are true. The reality of the situation is that there is a narrow way to Heaven and few find it and a broad way to hell and many go in it. You have no idea what your in for if you reject the gospel and do not repent. You do not know it's the ONLY way and without Christ in your life as your Lord and Savior and you hearing His voice daily obeying him... without repenting of you sins and turning to God's grace you will perish and nothing could prepare you for separation from God because while you are still yet alive you still experience rain, and life, and food, and many blessings from God. Anything good in your life comes from God and if you reject God then when you die you will be separated and there will be no more water no more life, nor more good things only the painful fire of God withdrawing his presence.

I can only hope you come back to read this but:

Excuse me Mr Moron, allow yourself to use that nearly mint in package grey matter in your thick skull for once and consider

WE'VE ALL HEARD THESE THREATS THOUSANDS OF TIMES BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And they have all the weight of someone saying "The Bogeyman's gonna get ya" It might work on people with the mental capacity of a six year old like yourself but not on people who actually give a shit about what is real and what isn't
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2013, 12:46:21 AM »
I don't think it work on a six year old, maybe a three year old.

;)

-Nam

Offline Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +83/-2
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2013, 01:20:04 AM »
But I will say if there was a life-long Hasidic Jew, or devout Muslim had a NDE and was like "Jesus was there, he told me what I was doing was wrong and needed to do x,y,z" THEN maybe.... maybe, you could get a little bit of value from something like that.... otherwise I just call bullshit.

Even a Muslim seeing Jesus wouldn't prove anything ... Jesus is a "god-seeker"/prophet in Islam.
Now, if the Muslim reports that Jesus greeted him saying "I AM the son of god" ... that would indeed be something, not a lot, but something.
Science: I'll believe it when I see it
Faith: I'll see it when I believe it

Schrodinger's thunderdome! One cat enters and one MIGHT leave!

Without life, god has no meaning.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +783/-4
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2013, 10:35:54 AM »
^^^^Yeah.

It would have to be something like Xenu appearing at the same time to a devout Muslim in Iran, a devout Hindu, a conservative Jew in Israel, and explaining in detail some Scientology ritual.

Now that would be scary. And worthy of further investigation. These self-reported stories? Not so much.

Offline Andrew

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-12
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2013, 03:25:50 AM »
What I find interesting is the thread title.  Repent or perish.  Or, "believe what I believe or die".  An explicit threat.  It makes me wonder how xians don't even realize they use threats to try to coerce people to go along with their baloney.  That we do not have a way to control these kinds of people makes me think there is no hope for our species.  The sooner we are extinct, the sooner god dies too.

That is what I said and was planning on however, God told me to come back on the site 2 times since then. That would not be called lying but obedience to God. Maybe God still want's to have mercy on you because there are still many more things i'd like to share.

Offline Andrew

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-12
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2013, 03:28:10 AM »
(I)  will not return back to this site ever again.

Ten to one this is a lie.  QFT.

It WAS a lie.  Andrew was online on Sunday 28th, at 8:30:41 AM.   A whole day AFTER he said he "will not return back to this site ever again" (my emphasis).

That is what I said and was planning on however, God told me to come back on the site 2 times since then. That would not be called lying but obedience to God. Maybe God still want's to have mercy on you because there are still many more things i'd like to share.

So Andrew - when you read this (as I'm sure you will), will you tell us why you lied?  Doesn't your god have a commandment about that?

It would be called lying if i wasn't obedient to God.

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2013, 04:54:15 AM »
Nice to see you back, Andrew.  I'm interested in your feedback.  Do you think that my synopsis of your video was accurate? 

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2013, 06:46:27 AM »

So how does God communicate with you?  Voice?  feeling? Facebook?

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2013, 07:18:45 AM »

So... god talked to you?  Why doesn't he cut out the middleman and just talk to us directly?  Right now, what you have is no different from someone claiming that god talks to him.
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +618/-23
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2013, 07:51:55 AM »
God told me to come back on the site 2 times since then.

A lot of people claim god speaks to them.  Some of these people are clearly crazy, and a lot of the non-crazy ones profess messages that contradict each other.  So many of them are just wrong. 

How do we tell the the prophets from the lunatics and the simply mistaken?
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +237/-1
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2013, 10:16:32 AM »
Andrew, would you believe Me if I said that I have a talking cat who writes book reviews, or that My guardian dragon Glori curates pastry recipes on his blog?

Because that's how you sound to us.  Seriously.

Have you ever experienced a "healing" outside your church, in an environment and scenario not controlled and orchestrated by your pastor?  If not, I suspect that no actually healing took place and that you were simply misled by a sleight-of-hand artist (and various people with fake illnesses) who exploited your faith and pocketed your money for personal gain.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +511/-12
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2013, 10:43:49 AM »
Whatever you want to call it, I suppose.  Personally, it seems more like you had a change of heart and are justifying it with "God said".

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2013, 03:10:00 PM »

OK. Now we are back to this:

Andrew,

I am speaking to you as a forum moderator. You agreed to follow the rules of this forum when you signed up. By breaking the rules, you are not only being rude, but it means you lied when you signed up. Ask a parent or other adult if lying is an appropriate thing for you to do. An adult can also tell you that our behaviour has consequences for ourselves and others. When we behave in a way that makes others suffer, that's often called selfish.

You need to keep your promise to follow the rules, stop acting in a way that hurts others, or leave. An apology is appropriate here, but if you are not sure, ask a parent or adult to check. 
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline Andrew

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-12
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2013, 08:37:47 PM »
Nice to see you back, Andrew.  I'm interested in your feedback.  Do you think that my synopsis of your video was accurate?

Yes i do.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +175/-73
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2013, 08:46:15 PM »
Andrew, perhaps for the record you could state your age. It can sometimes lend much needed perspective to ideas, experiences and opinions.