Author Topic: Rock climbing  (Read 295 times)

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +175/-73
Rock climbing
« on: April 24, 2013, 08:19:07 PM »
Recently tried to make it to the top of a small mountain near where I live. I got far enough for this great view:

Unfortuantely it had rained the night before and the last ascent, which I have never tried and is quite steep, was still very wet and slippery.

I wasn't game to try it, although many others were. I hope to go back soon when its dry.
The 2010 world cup was ruined for me by that slippery bastard Paul.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
Re: Rock climbing
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 02:44:09 AM »
Nice, kinda squashes my hiking adventure in the peak district here in the UK, but then I am a chubby and incredibly unfit. Would be nice to climb something higher. :)

The view's great though. :)

For comparison, here's my photos from the peak district.

This is the view from Thorpe Cloud.

And the view from a cave, I had to climb a few rocks to get in this one, but it was the perfect spot for some lunch. ;)
[/URL]

I didn't take many pictures though, my phone battery died in said cave, there were some other caves we visited later on and did more climbing elsewhere.

Considering my lack of fitness the the hike across the peak district, when we finally reached the pub at the end of it, it was the best damn pint I've ever had!
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +175/-73
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 02:47:17 AM »
Thanks for sharing. And beer always tastes better after being outside.

By the way, the blue stuff in my photos is called 'Sky'.  ;)

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 03:11:44 AM »
Lol, it wasn't too bad weather for October. ;) To be fair, 90% of the time the sky is just clouds here. For example, I just looked outside of my window....freaking full of clouds. Sure everything in Aus tries to kill you, but I am envious of the weather.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +175/-73
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 03:35:50 AM »

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 04:36:44 AM »
I think I'll take the first comment, the damn snake's a trip hazard! I doubt it'd pass a risk assessment in the UK.

Surprisingly, we do actually have a poisonous snake in the UK. But they've killed like 10 people in the last 100 years, making tea cosies more deadly.