Author Topic: The Making of the Fittest: Natural Selection and Adaptation  (Read 1075 times)

Offline Xero-Kill

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +10/-0
  • Wait... what?
The Making of the Fittest: Natural Selection and Adaptation
« on: August 21, 2012, 11:27:37 PM »
I really enjoyed this video that demonstrates how natural selection and adaptation works. This isn't just another video that tries to explain the concept, it is an actual example of it in action.

I wanted to post this in the Science section but figured it fit a little better here.

Thoughts?

"Our fathers were our models for God. If our fathers bailed, what does that tell you about God? You have to consider the possibility that God does not like you. He never wanted you. In all probability, he hates you. This is not the worst thing that can happen."

~Tyler Durden

Offline WaveForm

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
Re: The Making of the Fittest: Natural Selection and Adaptation
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 01:50:42 AM »
http://seedzen.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/fukuoka-masanobu-the-ultimatum-of-god-nature-the-one-straw-revolution-a-recapitulation-1996.pdf

link to an apposing view. You can skip to the part where it takes on Darwin.  I'm not saying its perfect, you have to consider it for yourself, however, it boils down to what do we consider to be. Humans have this thing where we constantly project human ideals and human issues onto the rest of the natural world.

Offline wheels5894

• Fellow
  • Darwins +121/-1
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 05:11:35 AM »
I got a 'This video doesn't exist' message. Any ideas where to find it?
No testimony is sufficient to establish a miracle, unless the testimony be of such that its falshood would be more miraculous than the facts it endeavours to establish. (David Hume)

Offline Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-2
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 04:05:47 AM »
http://seedzen.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/fukuoka-masanobu-the-ultimatum-of-god-nature-the-one-straw-revolution-a-recapitulation-1996.pdf

link to an apposing view. You can skip to the part where it takes on Darwin.  I'm not saying its perfect, you have to consider it for yourself, however, it boils down to what do we consider to be. Humans have this thing where we constantly project human ideals and human issues onto the rest of the natural world.

The author doesn't understand survival of the fittest ... at all. He ends up setting up a strawman[1] and proceeds to attack that.
 1. either on purpose or by accident, I think he really is clueless so I'm going to assume accidental stawman construction
Science: I'll believe it when I see it
Faith: I'll see it when I believe it

Schrodinger's thunderdome! One cat enters and one MIGHT leave!

Without life, god has no meaning.

Offline Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +56/-0
  • IXNAY
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 02:21:40 PM »
This video does not exist.

How can evolution be true if videos of it don't exist?  ;)
There is no opinion so absurd that a preacher could not express it.
-- Bernie Katz