Author Topic: It's a miracle! JPII to be canonized  (Read 329 times)

Offline Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +85/-2
It's a miracle! JPII to be canonized
« on: April 25, 2013, 01:44:29 AM »
Sadly, canonization does not involve firing his rotting remains from a canon.

Can't find anything on this in recent news outlets, all I have is a newspaper (as in, printed on actual paper, wouldyoubelieveit) clipping.
Seems there's this dude from Colombia who was cured from Parkinsons after praying to JPII exactly once. How tremendously convenient.
He was diagnosed with Parkinsons after suffering a stroke little under a decade ago. In 2010, he recalled meeting JPII once for two minutes, payed and is now completely free of Parkinsons!
And a sevenheaded hydcollege of doctors verified this (how exactly? one wonders) so now JPII is on the fast track to becoming Saint John Paul the Great[1]
Now, why don't any of the millions of amputees pray to JPII and have the miracle happen on prime time TV? Or maybe JPII specializes in Parkinsons?
 1. what's in a name
Science: I'll believe it when I see it
Faith: I'll see it when I believe it

Schrodinger's thunderdome! One cat enters and one MIGHT leave!

Without life, god has no meaning.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
Re: It's a miracle! JPII to be canonized
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 08:33:34 AM »
There was no doubt that they were going to get JJ2 on the fast track.  Maybe Michael Fox or Mohammad Allie would be good candidates for a cure from JP2.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Online rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +37/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
Re: It's a miracle! JPII to be canonized
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 09:09:52 AM »
I think we should have everyone on the planet say a different prayer to John Paul number two and we'll compare hits to misses.  If there are more answered prayers than not, he's in as a saint.  If the prayers go unanswered then he can just be remembered as at one time being a pope.  Or maybe have everyone say the same prayer to end world hunger.   One big prayer from billions of people for the well being of everyone.  Because it seems to me that the way they're making saints is um what's the word......oh yea, fucking stupid.
Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson