Author Topic: Boston carjack victim on narrow escape: 'God was with me'  (Read 489 times)

Offline anthony_retford

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
Boston carjack victim on narrow escape: 'God was with me'
« on: May 01, 2013, 11:09:08 AM »
Here we go again with the God was with me nonsense. And why it is reported this way when other people died and hundreds were injured, some with horrific leg injuries, escapes me, but it does bolster believers faith because they can't think straight.

http://www.today.com/news/boston-carjack-victim-narrow-escape-god-was-me-6C9690345/i]
People are 'erroneously confident' in their knowledge and underestimate the odds that their information or beliefs will be proved wrong. They tend to seek additional information in ways that confirm what they already believe.
Max Bazenman, Harvard University

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
Re: Boston carjack victim on narrow escape: 'God was with me'
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 11:33:11 AM »
Link is formatted incorrectly.

http://www.today.com/news/boston-carjack-victim-narrow-escape-god-was-me-6C9690345

Anyway, god has better be prepared to explain why he was only able to take care of one person, whereas hundreds were severly injuried.  I guess god's powers has really gone downhill since bibletimes.
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +52/-0
  • IXNAY
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 12:15:52 PM »
Since the bombers were islam, was carjacked guy saved by the grace of allah?
There is no opinion so absurd that a preacher could not express it.
-- Bernie Katz

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 06:06:49 PM »
I thought the guy was spared because he was not an American.  Did God do that?
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +105/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 10:54:30 PM »
The arrogance of believers

God allowed a child to die but saved ME......he must have had a good reason for the child's death,and for saving said believer.

If this guy becomes the next Hitler,or wastes his life at the end of a bar-stool,God has a reason.

If he cures cancer the believers will never let it go,God saved him so he could cure cancer.
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline anthony_retford

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 07:02:52 AM »
Upon further reflection I deduced that god let others live but without legs so he can heal them later by providing new legs and thereby confounding all of we atheists.
People are 'erroneously confident' in their knowledge and underestimate the odds that their information or beliefs will be proved wrong. They tend to seek additional information in ways that confirm what they already believe.
Max Bazenman, Harvard University