Author Topic: Buddhists violence against Muslims  (Read 351 times)

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
Buddhists violence against Muslims
« on: April 23, 2013, 03:43:41 PM »
My apologies if this has been covered elsewhere on WWGHA - I did a quick look around and couldn't see it.

First a warning - the following link contains video of some disturbing violence:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/video/2013/apr/22/burma-violence-buddhists-muslim-video 

Plenty has been done in the name of Islam to inflame Buddhists.  Nevertheless it's still disturbing to see their restraint unravelling.
And the excusiology of the so called "Burmese Bin Laden" is fascinating as well as being just as dishonest as anything you'd see from a religious cleric anywhere - everything he says they're not doing they ARE doing  &) :  And the religious foot soldiers are just pawns in bigger power plays:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/video/2013/apr/16/burma-bin-laden-buddhist-monk-video
Git mit uns

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +180/-8
Re: Buddhists violence against Muslims
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 03:54:53 PM »
Which brings us to the main point...all religion is bat ass crazy.

Signed,
Grasshopper
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline shnozzola

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 04:58:28 PM »
Wow - tough videos.  Militant Buddhist monks.  Just what the world needs.   <sigh>
“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White
  The real holy trinity:  onion, celery, and bell pepper ~  all Cajun Chefs

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 05:10:20 PM »
Looks like I can no longer jok about extremist Buddhists, it seems they exist too. Just goes to show that any religious doctrine can lead to violence, even the perceivably unviolent ones, but then if you can unite people under and ideology, they can also become corrupted under an ideology.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.